Cord Cutters Feedback Wanted for watching Hawkeye Football Games

You have to link Youtube TV to your device, Roku, Fire Stick, etc, to get the BTN2Go app on your particular device.....

https://www.btn2go.com/devicereg

Go to the app on Roku, for instance, click on a game to watch and a registration code should reveal itself. Keep the page on your tv screen.....

Go to the link above and pick your tv provider, youtube tv is near the bottom, then put the registration code on your tv screen into the box and it should work in three shakes of a lamb's tail.....

I had problems because BTN2Go on my Roku had been linked to Playstaton Vue. I finally went to settings on the BTN2Go app and deleted the Playstation Vue info.....

That should do the trick.....

:cool:

I tried to do that, but BTN2GO wasn't even available. I ended up having to use the Fox Sports Go app, but had to disable 2-factor authentication on my Google account to sign into my TV provider. Once I did that, it worked fine. I don't understand why YouTubeTV and Hulu don't have the overflow channels. They've already signed the deal with BTN, I wouldn't think it would cost extra to get overflows.

I am going to register the BTN2GO app when their site can actually handle the load. So probably like Wednesday at 3am when nobody else is using it.

I tried to do that, but BTN2GO wasn't even available. I ended up having to use the Fox Sports Go app, but had to disable 2-factor authentication on my Google account to sign into my TV provider. Once I did that, it worked fine. I don't understand why YouTubeTV and Hulu don't have the overflow channels. They've already signed the deal with BTN, I wouldn't think it would cost extra to get overflows.

I am going to register the BTN2GO app when their site can actually handle the load. So probably like Wednesday at 3am when nobody else is using it.

I think with just carrying the one they only pay rights for one gateway, versus having to pay for additional ones. Now that they are fully on board with BTN/BTN2Go/Fox/ESPN, Hulu/YouTubeTV users can access those apps free and unimpeded. Thus, no reason to carry overflow. Essentially, what they are doing is the old "regional" concept ESPN, ABC, et. al., did years ago.

Tonight I wanted to watch LSU-Miami, ABC is not on my package, and it is not on the ABC App. So I went to the ESPN Ap and found it there (Hulu).

All the games are there. Sometimes you just watch through another app vs watching on YoutubeTV or PSVue, or whatever streaming service you have. It is pretty nice watching the replay on BTN, as the commercials were removed when I watched it again this morning.

Do you use Roku or FireStick, or another device. Just type BTN2GO into the search box on the Home screen of whatever streaming device you use to get YoutubeTV. Go to the channel and try to watch a game. You will be told you have to have a subscription. and will have to pay them for the privilege, or they will want you to register your device with the code that pops up. They were overwhelmed Saturday. She mentioned that a lot of Hawkeye Fans were calling, and that it was a madhouse.....

Do you use Roku or FireStick, or another device. Just type BTN2GO into the search box on the Home screen of whatever streaming device you use to get YoutubeTV. Go to the channel and try to watch a game. You will be told you have to have a subscription. and will have to pay them for the privilege, or they will want you to register your device with the code that pops up. They were overwhelmed Saturday. She mentioned that a lot of Hawkeye Fans were calling, and that it was a madhouse.....

Does youtube have the Hallmark Channel. What does you tube cost a month? Is it available in the Des Moines area?

I use the Roku. But when I went to btn2go.com/devicereg to register my Roku, the site wouldn't even come up. I tried it from different browsers, different machines, and from https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it was simply down. Once I installed the FoxSports Go app and disabled 2-factor auth on my Google account, I was able to login to that and see the game. I registered my BTN2GO app on Roku yesterday since it was working again. Hopefully BTN gets their shit figured out and can learn how to manage a small-scale streaming platform like this. They've had long enough, it shouldn't be this unstable still. Either way, I'm in now so hopefully I won't have this problem again. I'll just assume we'll be prime time on ABC for the rest of the year as we go undefeated, so this won't be an issue. :D

Tonight I wanted to watch LSU-Miami, ABC is not on my package, and it is not on the ABC App. So I went to the ESPN Ap and found it there (Hulu).

I use PS Vue. The great thing about PSVue is that it uses your IP address to determine your local networksand not your local address. Therefore I use a VPN app. You can change your IP address to any city in the world. PSvue is contracted with local carriers in each city but the big cities carry all major networks. Just ping to a big city and you will get all local networks. It works great for NFL games as well. Just ping to the local city you want to watch and you get the local games. Essentially you get the NFL package for free.

I use PS Vue. The great thing about PSVue is that it uses your IP address to determine your local networksand not your local address. Therefore I use a VPN app. You can change your IP address to any city in the world. PSvue is contracted with local carriers in each city but the big cities carry all major networks. Just ping to a big city and you will get all local networks. It works great for NFL games as well. Just ping to the local city you want to watch and you get the local games. Essentially you get the NFL package for free.

Cool.....

In terms of picture quality I still think nothing beats DirecTV with a clear view of the southern sky. The problem is it costs more than any other option and the clear unobstructed view of the southern sky has a way of turning stormy or icy or windy at the worst times.

I am still figuring out the Vue dvr and the buttons for starting or stopping the live feed.

All the games are there. Sometimes you just watch through another app vs watching on YoutubeTV or PSVue, or whatever streaming service you have. It is pretty nice watching the replay on BTN, as the commercials were removed when I watched it again this morning.

Yep, it's like a "unabridged" version of BTN Football in 60!

PSVue

I just noticed that very recently local ABC was added. Just last night my wife noticed local CBS was added. I hope they soon add KWWL for the trifecta. I've been getting both PSVue and YouTube TV to cover all the channels our family wants. Hope I can then drop YouTube TV. It's good but I won't need both and PSVue has more sports stations covered.

I wonder if this was the reason they planned the charge increase this September. Wonder if they knew they were going to add them.

Oh, I'm in the North Liberty area. Anybody else notice this on PSVue?

I went over my Mediacom bandwith limit for the month with a few days to spare. I have to get used to turning the whole system off to keep the usage from piling up.

I went over my Mediacom bandwith limit for the month with a few days to spare. I have to get used to turning the whole system off to keep the usage from piling up.

Ah that sucks. I fortunately have unlimited and didn't think about those who have limitations such as with MediaConn.

Latest posts