Cord Cutters Feedback Wanted for watching Hawkeye Football Games

We cut the cord this week. I gotta admit that I don't really care if I watch sports this fall/winter. I can always go around the corner to the pub and watch, if I feel the urge. Until Gutless Gary is gone.........I'm not that motivated. I can get live score updates here. Along with the play by play breakdown from posters that don't understand the game. The comedic value/entertainment is greater right here, than the actual sporting event. I'm never disappointed. Keep up the good work, gents. :p

Thanks for the reply. I was referring to Youtube TV in general, not OTA
I know. That was my explanation - the reason it ain't national yet is because YouTube has to get contracts with all the local broadcasters before they can show the nationally syndicated network stuff in each OTA company's territory because the OTA's have exclusive rights to a bunch of content. It's a giant clusterfuck.

probably around $250 a month I would say. Again, we got everything DTV offered. Whole home DVR for 4 TV's - I like all the original shows on HBO, MAX and STARS so we got em all. I got the NFL ticket - I got all the college sports tiers - I had Hulu, Netflix - we used to do the 2 blu rays in and out deal too .... I'm a home body when I am not doing the music thang. I've always justified it by saying, at least I am not out at the bar, or out shopping or out spending it another way. I stay in. But, yeah, it ridiculous and honestly, I'm at the point where I don't care if I steal it for a while. I have serious serious doubts tho that it's even gonna work up to my standards and honestly, now Dean has me questioning it. I don't like to feel bad about things. :(

It is going to be glitchy anyway, and if you are used to turning something on and it working every time all the time, you aren’t going to like that it is glitchy.

I didn’t really say anything you didn’t already know, I’m guessing u were going to eventually come around to this anyway.

Welp I guess I'm not watching the game today. YouTubeTV will be losing a customer here shortly if I can't figure this out.

PS VUE has the game on the main BTN Channel, FOUR overflow channels all airing Penn State v. Appalachian State

Welp I guess I'm not watching the game today. YouTubeTV will be losing a customer here shortly if I can't figure this out.
DOES ANYONE HAVE A STREAMING CABLE LOGIN THIS GUY CAN USE? I'd give you mine, but I'm streaming two devices off it now and I already got it shut off once when my brother was using it NY at the same time as me.

Finally got signed into FoxSport Go on Roku. I had to disable 2-factor authentication on my Google Account to allow the app to let me login using YouTubeTV. Apparently BTN and Fox Sports hire developers with an IQ of about 14 to build their sites/apps...

Today the Big Ten ap saved the day. The feed was ahead of the radio - so it was possible to pause it to sync with the radio.

HULU - now watching NBC - ND-UM and the sound is not synced with picture ... NBC has always been that way on my HULU.

Did YoutubeTV have the overflow channel for the Hawk game today? I had the game on for the first 5 minutes of the game and then it just switched to the PennState game. I didn't see any overflow channel for YoutubeTV unless I was looking in the wrong place.

Then I had some sign in problems trying to get the YoutubeTV app to work on the Xbox One.

I am in the NY metro area.

I thought I signed up for the $50.00 VUE package and there are like 8 ESPN alternate channels and they are streaming total turd games like UTEP v. Northern Arizona right now.

You have to link Youtube TV to your device, Roku, Fire Stick, etc, to get the BTN2Go app on your particular device.....

https://www.btn2go.com/devicereg

Go to the app on Roku, for instance, click on a game to watch and a registration code should reveal itself. Keep the page on your tv screen.....

Go to the link above and pick your tv provider, youtube tv is near the bottom, then put the registration code on your tv screen into the box and it should work in three shakes of a lamb's tail.....

I had problems because BTN2Go on my Roku had been linked to Playstaton Vue. I finally went to settings on the BTN2Go app and deleted the Playstation Vue info.....

That should do the trick.....

:cool:

Did YoutubeTV have the overflow channel for the Hawk game today? I had the game on for the first 5 minutes of the game and then it just switched to the PennState game. I didn't see any overflow channel for YoutubeTV unless I was looking in the wrong place.

Then I had some sign in problems trying to get the YoutubeTV app to work on the Xbox One.

I am in the NY metro area.

Give this a try.....

You have to link Youtube TV to your device, Roku, Fire Stick, etc, to get the BTN2Go app on your particular device.....

https://www.btn2go.com/devicereg

Go to the app on Roku, for instance, click on a game to watch and a registration code should reveal itself. Keep the page on your tv screen.....

Go to the link above and pick your tv provider, youtube tv is near the bottom, then put the registration code on your tv screen into the box and it should work in three shakes of a lamb's tail.....

I had problems because BTN2Go on my Roku had been linked to Playstaton Vue. I finally went to settings on the BTN2Go app and deleted the Playstation Vue info.....

That should do the trick.....

:cool:

I'm buying a fire stick today and having my friend crack it. According to him, that means I'll get netflix, hulu, redbox, movies in the theater - all live sport streams - hbo, max, amc - you name it for free for the cost of the Firestick. I have my doubts, but if what he says is true (he's used his for close to 2 years and is always bragging about being able to watch anything) it will be worth it and THEN I will cut the chord.
So why not buy a Roku and not have to crack anything?

Latest posts