Cook technical

CJHawkeye

I totally missed why this was called? Was it hanging on the rim for .5 seconds? Did he taunt the guy he posterized? I had no clue and the announcers gave not explanation other than they thought the energy was worth the T.

LOL, OK yeah I guess that's bad. I wonder what he said. Hopefully exorcised some frustration. Pretty bad when you have to taunt Southern to be honest.

It looked to me like he was just yelling loud and intentionally directing it toward the person he just posterized. I didn't hear any words and it didn't look like he said anything. Just kinda staring the dude down and yelling.

Here's the link

CHA was so quiet and the ref was standing right there otherwise I doubt it would'a been called the other 9 out of 10 times. I would love to know what he said, but honestly, he probably doesn't remember.

And like Mopkins said above, he may have just yelled. I think he scared the ref.

I loved it though.

That dunk was nasty - I hate that they take all emotion out of sports... that said - I'm obligated by HN Law to say "It's against Southern, that's sad and pathetic" so you don't think I believe that the team is going to win the 2018 NBA championship

I've seen worse, even during a NW game.

I personally thought he'd done worse already this year after a dunk. Personally - I can take or leave that stuff. The kids get pumped about it. I don't want him doing it if it hurts the team or him. But, again, kind of back to taking the emotion out of the game.

I personally thought he'd done worse already this year after a dunk. Personally - I can take or leave that stuff. The kids get pumped about it. I don't want him doing it if it hurts the team or him. But, again, kind of back to taking the emotion out of the game.

I didn't see or hear him say anything, but again, I wasn't down there but sure didn't look too bad to me. He wasn't up in the guys mug or anything. I'm usually the "hand the ball to the ref" kind of guy and despise even hanging on the rim for a couple seconds, and I didn't even see anything really wrong or any taunting.

He had to have said something about the southern players mother or the like. None of the replay angles actual included his face, so no lip reading possible.

As Southern was shooting the tech FTs the rest of the guys were laughing/trying not to laugh while Cook was over with Fran by the bench.

I think he borrowed some lyrics from Lynyrd Skynyrd, with some punctuation edits :

A Southern man - don't need him around anyhow!

It was a pretty long, loud yell. It didn't seem like there was enough time to actually say words.

It looked like his usual yell and stare down for a second and nothing was actually said until after the technical was given. I'm not sure what Tyler said after he received the technical. He was definitely fired up, as he should be after a play like that. If it wasn't his 4th foul, I don't think Fran would have cared too much.

Because of the game situation I didn't have much of a problem with it. Just don't do that during a closer/big game... The guy seems to get himself into foul trouble as it is and those count as personals too...

Fran didn't pretend to like it. He certainly toed the coaches angle on it with how it was also his 4th foul and just not a necessary play. Granted what he said to the team in the locker room about it or in video sessions might be different then what he said publicly...

Latest posts