Cook technical

Fran didn't pretend to like it. He certainly toed the coaches angle on it with how it was also his 4th foul and just not a necessary play. Granted what he said to the team in the locker room about it or in video sessions might be different then what he said publicly...

Just like with Wadley's high-stepping, coaches sometimes need to be brave in public and tell the truth that the NCAA is too politically correct. I hate it when coach-speak lays all the blame at the feet of players like they are thugs. Let the kids have some fun NCAA.

I will give KF credit when Fant dove into the end zone I think he argued the call with the ref. Good for him if he was sticking up for Fant.

Just like with Wadley's high-stepping, coaches sometimes need to be brave in public and tell the truth that the NCAA is too politically correct. I hate it when coach-speak lays all the blame at the feet of players like they are thugs. Let the kids have some fun NCAA.

I will give KF credit when Fant dove into the end zone I think he argued the call with the ref. Good for him if he was sticking up for Fant.
The crazy thing about the Cook deal is there was over 14 mins left. Now we had a pretty big lead at the time but with that much time left and Cook getting his 4th foul with this team being as unpredictably bad defensively as they are anything was still possible. Granted Iowa only pulled away more after that but there is the angle of how what Fran was saying had truth to it. With this young group I don't actually think Fran would be wrong to play that angle the more I think about it. This group has a lot of growing up to do and can't just give away 2 free throws and fouls just because they disagree with how refs enforce rules. At least not going forward against most of the Big 10 teams we'll be playing.

Latest posts