Connor McCaffery turning heads

Connor's gonna be a player. If he's as heady and smart as it sounds, he's an improving shooter and at 6'5" could be a really great point guard come college time. He'll have a great career at West as well and he's only going to get better.

Turning heads?

fark_e5s_J-O6PLjIjtB_Q0C022Ijj-A.png

“I’m fairly certain that’s where it’ll end up,” Fran McCaffery said. “He’ll play for me.”

Oh, I like it! Get him, Fran! Hopefully he doesn't hate Fran like all of his current players..... :rolleyes:

And, if Fran wanted to, or felt the need to, he could have Connor walk on, much like McDermott did at Creighton this last year. I doubt it happens, but can you imagine a 5 star walk on? LOL

“I’m fairly certain that’s where it’ll end up,” Fran McCaffery said. “He’ll play for me.”

Oh, I like it! Get him, Fran! Hopefully he doesn't hate Fran like all of his current players..... :rolleyes:

Oh, he will hate him, dot worry about that

Are all white players "goofy white kids"? The stereotyping really gets old here.

Did you notice my wink after the sentence? Apparently not...my point is that I really don't care, white, red, brown, or green...or, in this case, the coaches kid...if they can play ball, then we want them....and besides my reference to "a goofy white kid" came from another thread, that's all....not tryin to be a d*ck SG...

And, if Fran wanted to, or felt the need to, he could have Connor walk on, much like McDermott did at Creighton this last year. I doubt it happens, but can you imagine a 5 star walk on? LOL

Personally, I hope they don't go that route. He's obviously worthy of a ship and his dad works hard for his pay check. I was totally rubbed the wrong way when Creighton did that. Old man McD really paid for Grant Gibbs to go to another year of school and not Dougs.

Personally, I hope they don't go that route. He's obviously worthy of a ship and his dad works hard for his pay check. I was totally rubbed the wrong way when Creighton did that. Old man McD really paid for Grant Gibbs to go to another year of school and not Dougs.

I lean the other way on this one. Do what is best for the team, which may mean adding another scholarship-level player.

Heck, if I was independently wealthy and my kid was got a scholarship offer, I'd ask him if he wanted me to pay his way so that he could walk on to make his team better.

I lean the other way on this one. Do what is best for the team, which may mean adding another scholarship-level player.

Heck, if I was independently wealthy and my kid was got a scholarship offer, I'd ask him if he wanted me to pay his way so that he could walk on to make his team better.

There are too many scholarships in basketball anyway. Most teams only play 8 or 9--leaving 6 scholarship players on the bench. Give the kid a scholarship if he deserves it.

Walk-ons don't receive all the perks that scholarship players get, correct(academic center, ect.)? He'll be on scholly.
NCAA sanctions coming soon for Fran speaking about a prospect before he is signed. :)

There are too many scholarships in basketball anyway. Most teams only play 8 or 9--leaving 6 scholarship players on the bench. Give the kid a scholarship if he deserves it.

Agree 100%... there's 13 spots, what team has 13, let alone 14 scholly worthy kids ready for playing time? I get the theory that it will help the program, but really, if he deserves a ship, give him one. I feel that's hardly fair to the player or his dad. He shouldn't feel responsible to pay his kids way, regardless of how much money he makes when there are schools all over the country on equal footing as Iowa that are willing to pay for his son to do so.

I do love how people love to spend other people's money though...

Latest posts