Concerned about Fuller

Granted hes good but nothing special and while he would help out next year i have a feeling ol coach can find someone to step in. ITS A NEW ERA OF IOWA BASKETBALL so i have no problem in saying "sayonara homie!"

"Sayonara homie"? WTH? Sorry, I just find that a tad racially offensive. And I'm whiter than a February blizzard.

I too have heard that Gatens is not well liked by the rest of the team.

I also heard that all of the players went together to Florida on spring break except Gatens and John Lickliter. If true, that speaks volumes. Should be fairly easy to validate if that info is correct.

Interesting take, Hawkeye2188.

But you assume that a family would not butt in if it would seem wise to not but in. However, I think upon reflection you might agree that just because it is smart not to butt in doesn't mean people WON'T but in. I think you might perceive a legacy whose dad played for Lute and grew up in Iowa, as opposed to outside the state where values aren't the same (allegedly), would not be disruptive. Being disruptive is hardly something that is decided upon logically.

I don't know that I believe the Gatens family is a disruptive force. I am just being hypothetical here. I definitely think it is much easier for an average Iowa fan to believe a guy that played for Lute would not, along with his son, be a disruptive force to the Iowa program.

Just a little food for thought, even if it doesn't apply here.

The people bad mouthing Gatens all have 5 or 6 posts all time

Clowns spreading rumors?
Not everyone with those posts have that low of a post count.
And, don't forget, a lot of some of the bombs that have been dropped are people with low post counts.

You seem pretty fired up about this Gatens thing...

I used to think there was no way Fuller would leave...even after Fran got hired, I thought it was a perfect fit for Fuller. I really hope he is talked into staying, I think he has the potential to make some all big ten teams.

As I have posted before, I hope Fuller stays. However, if he is leaving, I hope he lets FM know soon so Iowa can move on bringing in more players.

I too have heard that Gatens is not well liked by the rest of the team.

I also heard that all of the players went together to Florida on spring break except Gatens and John Lickliter. If true, that speaks volumes. Should be fairly easy to validate if that info is correct.
Check out some of the player's facebook accounts. Im sure one of them has pictures posted of their spring break.

I heard Cougill mention in a radio interview a couple Fridays ago that he had just gotten back from spring break in Florida. Can't confirm the rest of this post though.

Sounds like an uninformed opinion to me. What makes you think Cougill will not be a fit?

These are probably the same people that expected Iowa to land Scott Drew, Bruce Pearl, or Jamie Dixon... The people that know everything and have an opinion based on their perception of Iowa, of Frans system, and of Cougs appearance. Kinda hard to show you can run the court when the "system" doesn't allow them to run the court.

Gatens, Fuller and Brommer went on a trip together for spring break.

I know that Fuller and Brommer were down there together. I talked to them when I saw them about the coaching change and stuff. I didn't see Gatens but that doesn't mean that he wasn't there.

Latest posts