Complaining about the officiating is annoying

Impact might have been NW maintaining possession of the ball, Shurna was getting close to a ten second call and was off balance, falling to the floor, could just as easily been called traveling.....

We would have had the ball with much more time to set a play or get a better shot, although the shot we had was a good one. Still had the opportunity to win the game despite all.....

:)

how about them wild bull pumfus......... not,lol!

I don't think I've seen anyone on here today say that we lost because of the refs. The refs were horrible, but they weren't the reason we lost. Big difference.

herby, McCabe is in foul trouble every game because is not good at defense and he is playing out of position. The refs arent out to get him EVERY game

don't drag me into this discussion , until now i have not said a word about the ref's,
now i will Shurna tripped over his own feet and McCabe was called for a foul giving him his 5th. he also had 1 foul at half, that means he got 4 in the 2nd half.
as for the ref's i am confused in how they call games.
Iowa goes 12-17 in the 1st half and then goes 4-5 the 2nd half, confuses the h@ll out of me, not to mention they were 8-12 with 8 minute gone in the 1st half, by my calculation that'e 10 ft's in 32 minutes vs 12 in 8, go figure

how about them wild bull pumfus......... not,lol!
Lads have to get their Bull back, Atomic....

Perhaps a few shots of El Toro would help.....

ElToroGold.png

:)

giving up what, 14 offensive rebounds? That is the reason we lost. No, the refs weren't the best. But Iowa lost the game, not the refs.

herby, McCabe is in foul trouble every game because is not good at defense and he is playing out of position. The refs arent out to get him EVERY game
he is so out of poistion that he has drawn a **** load of charge fouls agianst the opposing team, I call that good defense not being lazy and out of position. but once again I'm sure you were a stopper in your time and know how to slap the floor and get down playing defense.

its not about totals on ft's it about when they call or don't call a foul that can have a direct impact on the game, and Iowa shot 77% from the line

Here's the deal on those 14 OREBs by Northwestern.

At least half of them were offensive fouls - pushes in the back or climbing up the back of an Iowa defender. Could have Iowa boxed out better? Absolutely, but NW was still going over the back on a number of those OREBs. And, yes, those OREBS by NW were a large part of win.

Sometimes I think the officials give calls to 'name' players. Shurna got the foul call on McCabe instead of the travel, because it was Shurna. Gatens got an and1 down low with little to no contact, because he's Gatens. See it all the time with Sullinger as well. There need to be more articles calling out B1G officiating until they get their heads on straight.

Officials did not cause Iowa to lose the game.
Officials made it difficult for Iowa to win the game. NW was over the back countless times. Until they stop the grabbing & holding etc. B1G basketball will struggle to compete for top notch athletes. Why would you risk injury getting pummeled night after night when you can showcase your high flying abilities in a league that doesn't allow it?

don't drag me into this discussion , until now i have not said a word about the ref's, now i will Shurna tripped over his own feet and McCabe was called for a foul giving him his 5th. he also had 1 foul at half, that means he got 4 in the 2nd half.as for the ref's i am confused in how they call games.Iowa goes 12-17 in the 1st half and then goes 4-5 the 2nd half, confuses the h@ll out of me, not to mention they were 8-12 with 8 minute gone in the 1st half, by my calculation that'e 10 ft's in 32 minutes vs 12 in 8, go figure

we stopped attacking as much. that accounts for less ft's. we didnt attack the basket. that is how you get more ft's the best way to understand that is look at the number of ft's under lick and fran. i would bet in less than 2 yrs the team has shot more ft's than 3 yrs under lick. because fran believes in attacking and lick had a more passive offensive style. we didnt attack as much and number of ft's goes down.

Here's the deal on those 14 OREBs by Northwestern.At least half of them were offensive fouls - pushes in the back or climbing up the back of an Iowa defender. Could have Iowa boxed out better? Absolutely, but NW was still going over the back on a number of those OREBs. And, yes, those OREBS by NW were a large part of win.

common misconception: there is no rule about "over the back". there is pushing and holding but there is no such thing as over the back.

every time there is a call that can affect the outcome of a football or basketball game, for the last 30 years it has gone against Iowa. from Jim Bain to know, they **** us with a sandpaper big one

Latest posts