College Gameday - Reece Davis

I don't mind alittle smack talk, but the personal attacks by ISU fans aren't necessary.

Agreed. That's why I haven't given this guy the satisfaction of addressing him. Jon really needs to appoint a few mods here. Sometimes these guys get way too much leash around here.

Somebody pls post the all-time record in the Hawkeyes vs isu series. I'm too lazy to look it up.
I want to say it is 37 - 11 in favor of Iowa, but I might be wrong?
+26 in the win column for the good guys?

Kansas won an Orange Bowl trophy not too long ago, too. Does that mean they don't suck a** now?

Iowa does have the better program. ISU had the better team this year, but their program isn't as good as Iowa yet.

When did I post about this years team in this thread? (Hint: Never)

I just posted that because it's dumb to talk **** to a program who has accomplished something on their message board. Great, they beat us this year, I never said that their current team isn't better (although there are still 8 games left to play so that's not even conclusive either, but whatever). Iowa State has accomplished nothing yet. Why come to an Iowa board and act like your hot ****?

Yep you won the game. Congrats. Unfortunately you still won't get to 6 wins for a bowl game. You're still Iowa State.

Yep, and unfortunately you are consistently one of the worst programs in college football. While our players are being recognized as Playboy all americans, your program is being recognized as one of the most dreadful programs in the land. But i only read playboy for the articles...congrats on the win.

When did I post about this years team in this thread? (Hint: Never)

I just posted that because it's dumb to talk **** to a program who has accomplished something on their message board. Great, they beat us this year, I never said that their current team isn't better (although there are still 8 games left to play so that's not even conclusive either, but whatever). Iowa State has accomplished nothing yet. Why come to an Iowa board and act like your hot ****?

And people can't talk s*** about Kansas? That program is TERRIBLE. The fact that they had one good year doesn't keep people from talking s***. Because they will always suck.

And it's not like they were talking s*** saying they were the better program. They were talking s*** because they won the game this year. That's kind of part of a rivalry. If you can't take it, don't dish it out when we beat them.

And people can't talk s*** about Kansas? That program is TERRIBLE. The fact that they had one good year doesn't keep people from talking s***. Because they will always suck.

What is going on here?

Kansas could talk **** to teams who haven't won a BCS or been to a BCS bowl I'd say but what's your point here?

Last edited:

And it's not like they were talking s*** saying they were the better program. They were talking s*** because they won the game this year. That's kind of part of a rivalry. If you can't take it, don't dish it out when we beat them.

What do you get when you take Kansas...and subtract that 1 good year?? ISU.

But seriously, what's your point?

And people can't talk s*** about Kansas? That program is TERRIBLE. The fact that they had one good year doesn't keep people from talking s***. Because they will always suck.And it's not like they were talking s*** saying they were the better program. They were talking s*** because they won the game this year. That's kind of part of a rivalry. If you can't take it, don't dish it out when we beat them.
What do you get when you take Kansas...and subtract that 1 good year?? ISU.

*rimshot*

You *******. You said a high school team would win the B10. I don't have the tutoring skills needed to walk you through this, girl.
Sick burn, brah. Jokes on you though, I haven't been a female for 15 years. I also stand by the fact that a HS team could probably cakewalk it's way through the B10. Look at the conference and then try to tell me otherwise. Seriously though, this is pathetic. Give me a call when Dougie (ShadasRevenge) and his 7 chins show up. Funniest part about this, is you all know I'm right and you just can't get yourselves to admit it.

Jeebus, you are a ******* moron.

It's just as big of a diss on Iowa as it is on Iowa State.

In my 26 years since graduating from Iowa, not once has a person said "oh, the Cyclones?"

Not once.

But dozens have laughed out loud upon hearing ISU is known as "the Cyclones".

I just spotted this guy praying ISU even has a conference next year:
ronald-mcdonald-sawatdeeka-hello-chaweng.jpg

Clue me in on what I don't understand exactly. Am I misreading scores? Have I not noticed the lack of top end draft picks? Am I just dreaming that the B10 can't buy a bowl win unless Ohio State cheats? What exactly am I missing here? I mean, I look at the conference strength calculations, and the B10 is a solid 30 points (out of a 100 scale) below the B12. I look at losses to New Mexico State, Rice, Ball State, etc and then I see 26-2 from the B12 in the non-con. I see 7 unbeaten teams in week 5.

Then I look at the B10 and see that according to Sagarin, even UNI would go to a bowl game with Iowa's B10 schedule. I see complete futility. I see a conference that couldn't hold the MWC's jock.

So please, feel free to explain college football to me, boy.

Or unless we play a B12 team.

In my 26 years since graduating from Iowa, not once has a person said "oh, the Cyclones?"

Not once.

But dozens have laughed out loud upon hearing ISU is known as "the Cyclones".

I just spotted this guy praying ISU even has a conference next year:
ronald-mcdonald-sawatdeeka-hello-chaweng.jpg

Big shout out to an '85er from an '87. :)

But seriously, what's your point?

My point is who cares if we have the better program? They won the game this year, they have every right to rub it in our faces. That's what rivalries are about. People around here need to stop being such babies about it.

My point is who cares if we have the better program? They won the game this year, they have every right to rub it in our faces. That's what rivalries are about. People around here need to stop being such babies about it.

You've been spending too much time over on CyFan. You're getting soft.

You've been spending too much time over on CyFan. You're getting soft.

I've always rooted for ISU except for when they play Iowa. But rivalries are all about bragging rights. ISU won this year, therefore they have bragging rights. It's not like we haven't had a lot of fans throwing around "35-0", or "70-7" the past couple years. We look like a bunch of babies when we can't take even the slightest amount of ribbing without getting our panties in a bunch.

Program stature means nothing in a rivalry game. All that matters is this year's game.

And besides, no matter how much we want to be, we are not a national power. The Orange Bowl victory didn't make us one. Just like it didn't make Kansas a national power. And how long before talking about the Orange Bowl makes us sound like Nebraska fans? It's been 2 years now, and we didn't set the world on fire last year.

I've always rooted for ISU except for when they play Iowa. But rivalries are all about bragging rights. ISU won this year, therefore they have bragging rights. It's not like we haven't had a lot of fans throwing around "35-0", or "70-7" the past couple years. We look like a bunch of babies when we can't take even the slightest amount of ribbing without getting our panties in a bunch.

Program stature means nothing in a rivalry game. All that matters is this year's game.

And besides, no matter how much we want to be, we are not a national power. The Orange Bowl victory didn't make us one. Just like it didn't make Kansas a national power. And how long before talking about the Orange Bowl makes us sound like Nebraska fans? It's been 2 years now, and we didn't set the world on fire last year.

Strawman. And setting rules for when and what you can say when talking smack is kind of lame. Actually talking smack periods is lame too considering none of us have anything to do with this **** but i admit I got sucked in because some idiot said something with no substance whatsoever and that's annoying. (I'm referring to 44-41, suck my black dick).

Last edited:

Latest posts