Coker Suspended for Insight Bowl

Hope to god it's something minor and we don't lose Coker over this. Sure seemed like a good kid when showed up, maybe just a minor err in judgement on his part. I'll give him the benifit of the doubt until becomes public. Not much of a betting man but I think it's minor grade issues. but what do I know. (Sighs and takes sip of Templeton).

DJK on Facebook:

"Coker out for bowl game? Can't imagine what that kid did. Easily one of the most focused, honorable & hardworking individuals I had the honor of playing along side at the U of I."

DJK on Facebook:

"Coker out for bowl game? Can't imagine what that kid did. Easily one of the most focused, honorable & hardworking individuals I had the honor of playing along side at the U of I."

If there is one guy who I trust as a good judge of character, it is DJK.

Coker will be back next year. It's got to be a minor grades issue that can be corrected in 2nd semester and summer. Him coming back will depend on how he is treated over the next 6 months. If hawkeye nation shames him to death he may look to transfer or go pro? I'm sure he feels bad enough without the public ridicule.

Seriously people. The AIRBHG is an almighty God beyond comprehension. Instead of blaming or hating on this God, we shall praise him and all that is good about him (which is everything of course)! We shall thank him for giving us an opportunity to watch a runningback play at all. We must understand that his decisions on Iowa's runningbacks are just and must be praised. Folks, instead of praying to AIRBHG, thank him for everything he has done for us, good or what we perceive as bad. In the end, AIRBHG is great!

Thank you AIRBHG. Thank you for everything.

Maybe we need to sacrifice an ostrich named Chad?

(but, I haven't seen posts lately with those words in it...am I a little late?....I'm no comedian)

LMFAO! Have fun in the armpit of the West watching the Hawks running the stretch play with Paki, er Jason White. So glad this game is in that **** hole, or I might have actually been beating my head against the wall right now.

Love it. Lester strikes again. Coaching the receivers during cityBoyz and now RBs during the Pugh, Brinson, Wegher, Hampton, ARob, McCall, Coker stretch.

Oh, BTW what is Chic getting paid for again?

If you can't laugh, you gotta cry. I choose to laugh and will continue to do so until the 3 year KF hole is over. Too bad it is just year one.

Just curious because you are the reasonable type…..is it Lester Erbs fault when LSU, Oregon, et al….get countless players suspended. As I know you are aware, because again you are the reasonable type, both of those school along with countless others i/e: almost all of them, have several players suspended a year. So I’m wondering who we should blame for them having so many players suspended, surely you have an opinion on them…….

Chad

Coker will be back next year. It's got to be a minor grades issue that can be corrected in 2nd semester and summer. Him coming back will depend on how he is treated over the next 6 months. If hawkeye nation shames him to death he may look to transfer or go pro? I'm sure he feels bad enough without the public ridicule.

Probably really minor. Like missing a bowl game minor.

My guess is against grades, I believe he was like a 4 pt in high school.

hopefully i can get some scoop before end of night. i did not see this one coming.

only thing i have heard is he did something dumb and deserved punishment but not the type of thing to be kicked off permanently.

doesnt narrow it down much i know.

i am shocked as everything i have ever heard about this kid was top shelf class personified.

35jkbg.jpg

Angry Iowa Running Back God Hating?

Maybe that's the issue.

Marc Morehouse's article on the issue:

Coker suspended for Insight Bowl | TheGazette

True freshman Mika’il McCall remains under suspension. He was suspended for an unspecified violation of team rules after Iowa’s game at Purdue on Nov. 19. McCall would’ve been the No. 2 running back, but he suffered a broken ankle in the season opener that kept him sidelined for nine games.

“He’s still under suspension right now,” Ferentz said Dec. 4, when Iowa was picked for the Insight Bowl. When asked if he’d be back for the bowl, Ferentz said, “We’ll wait and see, we’ll wait and see.”

Latest posts