Coker Suspended for Insight Bowl

Angry Iowa Running Back God Hating?

Maybe that's the issue.
Damn Meme generator! Thought something wasn't right!
Try this!
35jliw.jpg

Not trying to 'flame' here, but is there any truth to the rumor he failed a drug test? This seems like a similar announcement to Kalil Hill.

Not even anything illegal, but maybe some sort of 'suppliment'

I think a lot of you are totally reading Kirk wrong on this...he knows for a fact that there really IS an AIRBHG and he spent all season hiding his younger backs from it! He knew that if there was ONE back on the team strong enough to take on AIRBHG it was his battering ram, Marcus Coker! In the end it was Coker who sacrificed himself so that the others could carry the Hawkeyes to victory over Oklahoma...

-pours one out for MC-

Some of you act like were playing in the national championship, and having our back ups play, who have no carries, is such a terrible thing.

We are 16 pt underdogs in the insight bowl. Its pretty much glorified practice, get some young guys some experiance against a good team.

Im not saying I want to lose, but really? Nothing is on the line.

I saw the announcement on espn in closed caption, it looked like it had something to do with social media? Anyone see this?

no time travel for him. :(

Yeah, kind of a catch 22 here. If he didn't fail quantum physics he'd have the proper understanding of how to travel back into time so that he could study properly for the final exam and not fail the class. But now after failing..... well you can see how it just isn't possible for him to execute this operation.

Impact:

Of RBs, Coker had 84.9% of Iowa's rushing attempts this year. He had 85.4% of the rushing yards by RBs. He had 91.3% of receptions and 88.2% of receiving yards. Coker was the only running back to score any sort of touchdown this season.

could this be a blessing in disguise?

let me humor your for a minute..... what could an underdog do that was for the most part one dimensional on offense in the face of a better (overall) opponent? YOU SWITCH IT UP!

Now that Oklahoma pretty much has to throw out the tape of Iowa for 90%+ of our plays. This could, oddly enough, play right into our hands. Having more "speed" backs usually means a different combination of plays. I think that by having mainly Canzeri, with Rogers/Bullock/Johnson take carries will confuse and provide us with an opportunity to come out "hot" and be ahead of the Sooners.

This thought process is coming from having inexperienced players step into crucial moments for any sporting event with little preperation or video to scout.

I may be in the minority when I say that Vandenburg was going to have to lead us to victory in this one anyways. Have you see how bad the OU secondary is? Look for a lot of quick passing of 10 yds or fewer early to see where Vandenburg is at, if he is on, then it will be a long day for Boomer Sooner.

Wow, are these boards entertaining tonight with such drama all over. bans, deletes, warnings, inuendos...not to mention the day's actual headlines! It is farcical and a tad sad, as if JM doesn't have enough to do with legitimate reporting, he has to babysit every thread post and rightfully weld his axe and hammer.

Negatory on McCall.

I can't believe White gets any carries.

I've got to believe it's DeAndre Johnson and Canzeri (provided he's healthy). Maybe Sam Brownlee gets a few more carries.

I'm guessing we are going to see a Drew Tate like shotgun quick passing ball controll offense.

My money says Brad Rogers gets the call...