Coker Suspended for Insight Bowl

This is all my fault, guys...last night I was talking to a buddy of mine about this craptastic season and...I didn't mean to...I didn't even know I was going to...but...I did it...I said,"It couldn't possibly get any worse than this"...:(

For the record, going into last year's Insight Bowl, Marcus Coker had more career carries than all the other current running backs on Iowa's roster have now. Combined.

This is all my fault, guys...last night I was talking to a buddy of mine about this craptastic season and...I didn't mean to...I didn't even know I was going to...but...I did it...I said,"It couldn't possibly get any worse than this"...:(

Blasphemy!

Seriously, this routine is getting old real fast, why can we not keep running backs out of trouble/healthy/on the team/with their pants up?

WOW!!! I never would have thought Coker would be suspended for any time of off the field stuff. He seems like a good kid and smart kid. The timing seems to be something of an academic nature since finals just got done last week and he was practicing up to this point.

Coach Ferentz is just trying to level the playing field and generate more interest for this game. Being a 16 point dog wasn't big enough.

Silver lining is that there are plenty of practice reps left to the guys that haven't got the game reps.

But seriously, AIRBHG strikes again.

If I was Garmon I would commit. Looks like he could get immediate playing time, of course then something would happen with him.

I'm surprised Ferentz didn't immediately forfeit the game since he's going to have to use freshmen RBs in the game now...

WOW!!! I never would have thought Coker would be suspended for any time of off the field stuff. He seems like a good kid and smart kid. The timing seems to be something of an academic nature since finals just got done last week and he was practicing up to this point.

The issue involves University of Iowa policies and has resulted in Coker being in violation of the UI Student-Athlete Code of Conduct.

It is not something of an academic nature.

Latest posts