Coker is...

There must be a lot of people on here who consider themselves running back coaches because otherwise I don't know how they know what Coker's 'problems' are and how to fix them. If you guys aren't coaches, then you are definitely selling yourselves short by only using your knowledge for posts on HN.

It is a fricken forum people, get over it! Heaven forbid people have an opinion on what Cokers issues are. Those of you that think we all just need to shut up and watch our Hawks without an opinion need to stay away from forums.

It is a fricken forum people, get over it! Heaven forbid people have an opinion on what Cokers issues are. Those of you that think we all just need to shut up and watch our Hawks without an opinion need to stay away from forums.

you speak wisely :)

I think he'll be fine, except he does seem to be a little out of shape, I noticed one time early on in the ISU game he was motioning to sidelines for a breather and KF called time out shortly after, he hadn't even carried the ball but once or twice on the drive. Overall he seems a step or two slower and is just lacking decisiveness in hitting the holes, granted against the 8-9 man fronts there havent been many lanes to choose from, but I agree he's doing to much dancing and trying to make people miss, he just needs to go north and south, put his shoulder down and punish the defender for tackling him.

I think the people chastising the coker "experts" are expressing their opinions. If they say, "People that blast the hawks, or question play calls, are idiots", then that's their opinion.

A lot of you keep mentioning how Coker should be moved to fullback. Do you know what the fullback's main responsibility is in Iowa's system? To lead block. Do you know how good of a lead blocker Coker is?

Duh.

a very good back that needs to stop worrying about fumbling and just run. You think hes slow? Tell that to the Missouri defense. Watch him run this year compared to last. Right now hes cradling the ball like its his firstborn. He needs to get his confidence back and he will do better than fine. Watch the Ohio State and Missouri games from 2010 and then tell me hes no good.

5th in the big ten in rushing, 2nd among running backs..hes a solid back that attracts a lot of attention which is awesome for our recievers

Latest posts