Clone reporter calls JBO “trash”

Scott Leclair

So Ben Bruns, Cyclone-nation and sideline reporter for the ISU football team. Sent out a tweet calling JBOs kiss blow/shoe signing trash. Said it was classless.. Can anyone recall a UI reporter/analyst calling an ISU kid trash??

So Ben Bruns, Cyclone-nation and sideline reporter for the ISU football team. Sent out a tweet calling JBOs kiss blow/shoe signing trash. Said it was classless.. Can anyone recall a UI reporter/analyst calling an ISU kid trash??
Classic little brother inferiority complex. Evidently it was OK for Georges Niang to blow kisses at the Carver fan base a few years ago. And evidently it was Ok for Jacobsen to instigate last year, and for Johnny Orr to go after Gary Close in the handshake line after the Lafester Rhodes game.

If JBo's act was classless than Niang's was just as classless. It's like @Unknownbadger trying to explain that Bert had just cause to run up scores but Hayden didn't.

What if the kiss wasn't for Cyclones but for friends and family that made the trip?

I just don't get why people are see easily offended.

I was not a big fan of the move, but not offended either. I think these guys should have fun, and the back-and-forth between Iowa and ISU players seems largely good-natured. The main thing I take exception to is the pre-meditated nature of it, and the "look at me" aspect. It is not bad per se, just a generational change that I am still uncomfortable with.

In contrast, I enjoyed the Duncan kiss. The big difference in my mind is that it seemed spontaneous and exuberant as opposed to pre-meditated.

I was not a big fan of the move, but not offended either. I think these guys should have fun, and the back-and-forth between Iowa and ISU players seems largely good-natured. The main thing I take exception to is the pre-meditated nature of it, and the "look at me" aspect. It is not bad per se, just a generational change that I am still uncomfortable with.

In contrast, I enjoyed the Duncan kiss. The big difference in my mind is that it seemed spontaneous and exuberant as opposed to pre-meditated.
We're not talking about premeditated murder here. Geez.

Clown fans are so thinned skin it is incredible. I mean they had the biggest shit talking douche in the world as a players in Niang and they loved him. They have a shit talking troll for an AD and they absolutely worship him. Yet when someone else gives them the tinniest taste of their own medicine, they cry like the Crown bitches they are.

I didn't have a problem with Niang trolling Iowa fans and blowing a kiss to the Carver crowd.

I didn't have a problem with what J-Bo did.

No kidding they are early 20's, shit talking is part of it. Heck Morris was gonna leave his shoes at Carver if they would have beaten Iowa, you think Bruns would have called him "Trash" like he did Bohannon?

Man Bohannon must have been pretty damn confident they were going to win since he told him he was going to leave a present before the game even started.

Latest posts