Clone Fans: Please Read This Carefully

Might want to read that again. Or use a dictionary. That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

sarcasm.jpg

when people ask "steve, you're an ISU fan, why do you keep posting on HN?" it's moments just like this.

congrats on your feeling of accomplishment this evening.

Except there was nothing ironic or satirical about what you said. You weren't trying to be sarcastic, you misread a word. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

It humors me that Iowa State fans think the gap is shrinking. Before this past season, hadn't Iowa outscored them by a ridiculous margin over the past couple years? Hell, they hadn't scored a TD against our first team D since like 2007.

Yet managed to win during that stretch.... :)

Except there was nothing ironic or satirical about what you said. You weren't trying to be sarcastic, you misread a word. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Please stop bunching Steve's panties! I don't want him to leave HN. He posts some of the funniest pics in the LOL thread!

both my iowa Super Bowl comment and my misuse of "infantile" as "infertile" were in jest.

how would this make sense in any way in response to what you posted:
infantile? my mind is fully capable of reproducing, thank you...

i can't believe i'm actually having to debate this with you.

My handle should be a dead giveaway that I'm thoroughly versed in the use of rickyisms

Last edited:
There really are a ton of reasons why Iowa State fans should feel like little brother to Iowa. Here are the statistics:

1. All-time wins: Iowa 595 Iowa State 498
2. Conference titles: Iowa 11 Iowa State 0
3. Bowl games: Iowa 26 Iowa State 11
4. Bowl wins: Iowa 14 Iowa State 3
5. AP Top 10 rankings: Iowa 12 Iowa State 0
6. AP Toop 25 rankings: Iowa 22 Iowa State 2
7. BCS bowl games: Iowa 7 Iowa State 0
8. BCS bowl wins: Iowa 3 Iowa State 0
9. Wins in the CyHawk rivalry: Iowa 39 Iowa State 20

How about : - Coach with the most bitchin' beard: ISU 1 Iowa 0
- Biggest Scoreboard to mask the fact that they
can't fill in the endzones with seats: ISU 1 Iowa 0
- Most uniform changes the past 30 years: ISU 5(?) Iowa 0

See, the Hawks don't dominate every category. I'm sure there's others, I just can't think of them right now.

there is no way that you can actually believe that ISU fans are the cockiest bunch of people you've ever met. maybe you have one dude in your office or something who's a mouth breather, but come on. no way you're serious with that.

i would guess 90% of the people's opinions on here regarding ISU fans are based off of reading CF and other internet sources. thankfully, that doesn't accurately represent the actual fan base.

i have a unique perspective. I'm an ISU fan and I live in "hawk country". i have plenty of friends/family who are hawk fans, that are real good people. they aren't overly cocky, toolish, and don't drone on about how much better they feel they are because of their rooting interest. there are obviously exceptions, but for the most part they're good folk. and then i come here... and holy crap. it's like someone opened pandora's box, and inside was a throbbing schizophrenic rectum that can't differentiate between reality, fantasy, and a nocturnal omission. but i know that for the most part, HN is the lunatic fringe and is a tiny minority of the hawk fan base.

most ISU fans are not of the opinions many on here want them to be in order to make their point of "how sad" we are. the CF nuts, yea probably.

What exactly is this nocturnal omission of which you speak?

How about : - Coach with the most bitchin' beard: ISU 1 Iowa 0
- Biggest Scoreboard to mask the fact that they
can't fill in the endzones with seats: ISU 1 Iowa 0
- Most uniform changes the past 30 years: ISU 5(?) Iowa 0

See, the Hawks don't dominate every category. I'm sure there's others, I just can't think of them right now.

Why doesn't anyone ever want to rep the flying bananas???

That was the name of Tom Waits' band back in the day. See (hear) Nighthawks At The Diner;the album with the classic song 'Warm Beer And Cold Women'.

:rolleyes:

I have that (on vinyl, no less) but haven't listened to it in a while. Perhaps I will tonight.

Latest posts