Clone Fans: Please Read This Carefully

For those of u bringing up isu not scoring a TD in x amount of quarters against Iowa, recall that u lost a game during that stretch. That right there pretty much nullifies that argument.

My point about "narrowing the gap" was that you're not going tO see a stretch like you did during the fry era where isu loses to Iowa like 10 years in a row. The talent gap just isn't there anymore. College football as a whole is more competitive then it once was. The bottom teir teams are a lot more capable of beating the top teir teams then they ever have been (note: I am not saying Iowa is a top teir team).

For those of u bringing up isu not scoring a TD in x amount of quarters against Iowa, recall that u lost a game during that stretch. That right there pretty much nullifies that argument.

My point about "narrowing the gap" was that you're not going tO see a stretch like you did during the fry era where isu loses to Iowa like 10 years in a row. The talent gap just isn't there anymore. College football as a whole is more competitive then it once was. The bottom teir teams are a lot more capable of beating the top teir teams then they ever have been (note: I am not saying Iowa is a top teir team).
You cant narrow a gap on Iowa they are Iowa.

Wow...I just read the analogies by ISUer...I'm basically speechless. Is there anyone who can get a "slow clap" video piece, and quote ISUer's analogy with that as the response?

The quiet brother that does not think highly enough of himself, can easily get down on himself due to past occurrences, never claims to be the big man on campus, does not think more people want to be like him like his sister, in the end he is better than he makes himself out to be, does a lot of things really well but nothing really great, and has everyone in the neighborhood wanting to hang out with him because he is just a damn good guy.

applause.gif1..gif
applause.gif1..gif

Idk we can be a bit cocky at times but my god ISU fans are the cockiest bunch of fans you will meet. Their team hasn't accomplished much of anything. They go 6-7 and start talking about the gap has narrowed and we are the second tier team to them now. Basically if they reach 6 wins it's like they won the national title game and we are not worthy anymore.

Idk we can be a bit cocky at times but my god ISU fans are the cockiest bunch of fans you will meet. Their team hasn't accomplished much of anything. They go 6-7 and start talking about the gap has narrowed and we are the second tier team to them now. Basically if they reach 6 wins it's like they won the national title game and we are not worthy anymore.

there is no way that you can actually believe that ISU fans are the cockiest bunch of people you've ever met. maybe you have one dude in your office or something who's a mouth breather, but come on. no way you're serious with that.

i would guess 90% of the people's opinions on here regarding ISU fans are based off of reading CF and other internet sources. thankfully, that doesn't accurately represent the actual fan base.

i have a unique perspective. I'm an ISU fan and I live in "hawk country". i have plenty of friends/family who are hawk fans, that are real good people. they aren't overly cocky, toolish, and don't drone on about how much better they feel they are because of their rooting interest. there are obviously exceptions, but for the most part they're good folk. and then i come here... and holy crap. it's like someone opened pandora's box, and inside was a throbbing schizophrenic rectum that can't differentiate between reality, fantasy, and a nocturnal omission. but i know that for the most part, HN is the lunatic fringe and is a tiny minority of the hawk fan base.

most ISU fans are not of the opinions many on here want them to be in order to make their point of "how sad" we are. the CF nuts, yea probably.

Pretty obvious to see when Steve's lunch break and shift got over at Burger King. For an ISU fan you sure do spend an overwhelming part of your free time over here.

there is no way that you can actually believe that ISU fans are the cockiest bunch of people you've ever met. maybe you have one dude in your office or something who's a mouth breather, but come on. no way you're serious with that.

i would guess 90% of the people's opinions on here regarding ISU fans are based off of reading CF and other internet sources. thankfully, that doesn't accurately represent the actual fan base.

i have a unique perspective. I'm an ISU fan and I live in "hawk country". i have plenty of friends/family who are hawk fans, that are real good people. they aren't overly cocky, toolish, and don't drone on about how much better they feel they are because of their rooting interest. there are obviously exceptions, but for the most part they're good folk. and then i come here... and holy crap. it's like someone opened pandora's box, and inside was a throbbing schizophrenic rectum that can't differentiate between reality, fantasy, and a nocturnal omission. but i know that for the most part, HN is the lunatic fringe and is a tiny minority of the hawk fan base.

most ISU fans are not of the opinions many on here want them to be in order to make their point of "how sad" we are. the CF nuts, yea probably.

So, what of the guy from ISU that comes over here spouting off about his sister's dirty tampons? Are you saying you don't claim him?

Honestly, whatever intelligent posts come from Cyclone fans around here are immediately drowned out by ISUer.. that's a shame, I think.

So, what of the guy from ISU that comes over here spouting off about his sister's dirty tampons? Are you saying you don't claim him?

Honestly, whatever intelligent posts come from Cyclone fans around here are immediately drowned out by ISUer.. that's a shame, I think.

those people are just the radical minority. every fan base has them.

It humors me that Iowa State fans think the gap is shrinking. Before this past season, hadn't Iowa outscored them by a ridiculous margin over the past couple years? Hell, they hadn't scored a TD against our first team D since like 2007.

If you are going to bring that scoring record up, I will bring up Ferentz being 6-7 against us. And yes I know it's because we care more. ;)

Last edited:
I would have guessed the gap would have been wider between UI-ISU. I am an ISU grad and was thinking of becoming a hawk fan, but it doesn't seem worth it since they aren't much better. Maybe I should become a tavern wildcat fan taking into consideration academics and my son is planning on going there?

I would have guessed the gap would have been wider between UI-ISU. I am an ISU grad and was thinking of becoming a hawk fan, but it doesn't seem worth it since they aren't much better. Maybe I should become a tavern wildcat fan taking into consideration academics and my son is planning on going there?

I think you're selling yourself short. You should consider becoming a TavernDomer, a TavernHusker, TavernTide, TavernGator, or TavernSooner. Then again, all of those names are, by definition, redundant.

So the last four years, Iowa has outscored Iowa State 128 to 59, and the gap is getting smaller? Interesting.

Latest posts