CLone fans calling for BOR to get involved

There is nothing to negotiate, because Iowa has no power in the equation, and they have nothing to offer the Big 10 to get them to act on their behalf.

In any negotiation, you need leverage, and Iowa has none. Seriosuly, what can Iowa offer in these "negotiations" to even start preliminary discussions on bringing in the clowns?

Which is EXACTLY why an ultimatum was NEVER a possibility. I'm not advocating for trying to help ISU. I was just saying that the post AirHawk quoted was only saying that Iowa should try to help (and that an ultimatum wasn't reasonable).

Iowa isnt negotiating with the B10.
Iowa is already a member.
There will be NO leveraging anything with the B10, by Iowa, for any school.
What can the BoR possibly do? Rattle its saber at the B10 conf and the UofC? Kiss hundreds of millions of research dollars goodbye because ISU doesnt have a conf anymore? Get a clue.
You Clowns act like we owe you something.
Maybe Pollard can put up a billboard, begging for some BCS conference to invite ISU.

It's a begging state (that we are in) due to our status as a second-class citizen in our own state.

Hilarious! It's really easy to be bold with someone else's money. Hold Iowa out as a sacrificial lamb on the outside chance that it benefits Iowa State. If it doesn't work, only Iowa gets hurt.... badly.... so what's the problem?

Would ISU finally have to admit their status as "little brother" if Iowa has to come bail them out of trouble when the bullies threaten them???

ahhhhhhhh....I think this whole situation is great. A sane person would finally realize what the nation as a whole really thinks of them after all of this. A sane person would realize that nobody cares about them and the true fact that they are not relevant. A sane person would realize that insulting the very thing that you now so desperatley grasp onto for dear life is a bit ironic. Too bad we are talking about Lil' sis here. Farewell ISU...I for one will not miss thee!

p.s. How did those billboards work out for ya guys? Bet ya wish you had that money back now.

Most of the people at cyclonefanatic have the big 10 sending them some type of a miracle invite. Prehapps i should get my inlaws some nebraska gear this christmas.;)

There is nothing to negotiate, because Iowa has no power in the equation, and they have nothing to offer the Big 10 to get them to act on their behalf.

In any negotiation, you need leverage, and Iowa has none. Seriosuly, what can Iowa offer in these "negotiations" to even start preliminary discussions on bringing in the clowns?

Truthfully, who really does? Short of OSU, Mich and maybe, a BIG maybe PSU (due to viewing audience)... Iowa's history of being a original part of the Big Ten might have more play then even PSU... but IMO think they all are equal in stature and negotiations. Every school brings a unique feature into the conference and all have a focus on research.

ahhhhhhhh....I think this whole situation is great. A sane person would finally realize what the nation as a whole really thinks of them after all of this. A sane person would realize that nobody cares about them and the true fact that they are not relevant. A sane person would realize that insulting the very thing that you now so desperatley grasp onto for dear life is a bit ironic. Too bad we are talking about Lil' sis here. Farewell ISU...I for one will not miss thee!

p.s. How did those billboards work out for ya guys? Bet ya wish you had that money back now.

EXACTLY

Truthfully, who really does? Short of OSU, Mich and maybe, a BIG maybe PSU (due to viewing audience)... Iowa's history of being a original part of the Big Ten might have more play then even PSU... but IMO think they all are equal in stature and negotiations. Every school brings a unique feature into the conference and all have a focus on research.

My personal opinion is that Iowa just doesn't care about ISU in general. Why should we care just like why I would understand if ISU didn't care if roles were reversed. I would go as far to say that there are quite a large amount of fans of Iowa that want the game gone anyway(like I do). Whether we can do anything about it or not is irrelevant because we won't do anything to help them either way. Regardless of what Lil' sis may say the Big 10 likes having Iowa in the conference. We are at the very least a known team to most of the nation and we represent everything the Big10 wants in such a football heavy conference. Fan loyalty, defense, coaching ties to many teams, raising NFL talent etc etc... ISU fans can spin it anyway they want but Iowa is established and will never be in jeopardy of getting knocked out of the Big10. If Iowa can survive a 19 year losing drought in football and not be kicked out I highly doubt Iowa ever needs to worry about the Big10's loyalty to the school.

Latest posts