CLone fans calling for BOR to get involved

Ozhawk, I was trying to be nice.

I am on the verge of being banned from cyclone fanatic for my comments on this site. If that happens I would be a legend. Thats all. Has that ever happened before? being banned on one site for comments posted on a different site?

I am on the verge of being banned from cyclone fanatic for my comments on this site. If that happens I would be a legend. Thats all. Has that ever happened before? being banned on one site for comments posted on a different site?

What was it that you said here that offended their sensiblities?

What was it that you said here that offended their sensiblities?

My giggles over here on HN are stirring the pot on CF.

I a polite and cordial on their site. But some of them ...including their mods lurk over here. LIke I said on the verge

There is no chance, none, notta, zilch, zero chance of Iowa St. getting into the Big Ten and the exact chance that Iowa gets removed....None! It's just the way things are. ISU offers very little in terms of revenue and Iowa at least holds it's own and more on the athletic field, especially football, which is a huge money grabber.

I a polite and cordial on their site. But some of them ...including their mods lurk over here. LIke I said on the verge

Link please, because I think that would be some hilarious reading.

I'm not sure I've ever seen any posters troll their own board like they do over there. It's pretty awesome, actually.

I feel a little bad for ISU's BOR if they were able to some how pull that off. I have a feeling there would be some crazy fans that would take things into their own hands to drive those douchbags out of the state and make theirs and their families lives a living hell for screwing over the U & the state. Iowa getting dropped from the big 10 would absolutely hurt the states economy.

I feel a little bad for ISU's BOR if they were able to some how pull that off. I have a feeling there would be some crazy fans that would take things into their own hands to drive those douchbags out of the state and make theirs and their families lives a living hell for screwing over the U & the state. Iowa getting dropped from the big 10 would absolutely hurt the states economy.

No rock would be left unturned in the man hunt for those idiots if they did.
I'm not sure where they could go to feel safe.

Let's be honest ... we would be in crisis mode if we were in the same position as ISU right now. Luckily we are not, but have a little compassion. The scenario they are posting will not happen. It is just some fans trying to make a desperate attempt to get into the Big Ten. A noble try, but it just doesn't work because Iowa doesn't have the weight to be able to get ISU into the Big Ten with an ultimatum.

Besides the fact that the B10 is in the position to tell anyone handing them said ultimatum which road they can take and how to get there. Sorry (lil bro in) Ames....like grandpa used to say "you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first."

There is no doubt that Iowa is in the bottom three of the big ten when it comes to finacial and academic importance to the conference. Out of the 10 publics, we are the smallest market in the smallest state with the smallest student population and alumni base.

The big 10 would be fine without Iowa, and if the BOR tried to blackmail the Big 10 to take ISU, they could drop us with little regret.

University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is one of the most respected medical institutions in the COUNTRY. In 2009 the UofI will receive $169 million dollars from the NIH including $160 million in research.

I'm not suggesting that the UofI can strong arm the Big10 into adding the little sisters of the poor to the West but to think that Iowa doesn't have some power is a little shortsighted.

Besides the fact that the B10 is in the position to tell anyone handing them said ultimatum which road they can take and how to get there. Sorry (lil bro in) Ames....like grandpa used to say "you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first."

THis is the perfect thing to say to clone fans. absolutely perfect. BRAVO BRAVO.

mrolympia, no offense intended by my comments. I actually misspoke and Iowa is 10th (ahead of Northwestern). If you were going to form a league from scratch with teams from the Big Ten (no history at all), Iowa would be 10th on the list. The University of Iowa is the smallest public university in the Big 10 and Iowa is the smallest state.

Now luckily, the Big Ten is an equal partner conference as Bucketochicken stated. But I was thinking if Ohio State, Michigan or PSU tried to powerplay (they are in or we are out) another university into the league, how would the league react. While this scenario will never happen outside of an intellectual exercise, I think the response by the league would actually be similar to those schools as it would be to Iowa trying to strong arm ISU into the league. The Big 10 would allow the school to leave because the league is much stronger than any individual team. It is why the Big 10 will not dissolve and will only continue to get stronger with expansion.

I actually would be surprised if Northwestern were last on the "totem pole". No, they don't bring a ton of athletic tradition. But, they are arguably THE ideal Big Ten school when it comes to academics, so they would gain points for that. Quite a lot of points, I'd imagine.

I find it ironic that the same gang who jacked us up for FB tickets, rubbed our collective faces in it with the billboard, etc. now thinks they can leverage us to save them from being banished to the kiddie table. The BOR isn't going to risk our spot in the Big10 to bail them out.

It really doesn't matter if you're talking about Iowa or any other school in the Big Ten. No school, board of regents or state legislature would be stupid enough to try to play that hand be it Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, etc...

Sure, such a demand by some schools would make the Big Ten presidents think a little harder than the same demand being made by other schools, but NO SCHOOL would dream of risking the enormous benefit of Big Ten membership trying to strong arm for another school. The risk/reward just doesn't balance out...ever.

As fellow institutions under the control of the BoR, it is in the interest of both Universities to look out for the fortunes of the other.

The BoR would be negligent if they didn't become involved.

No reasonable person expects a "both or neither" ultimatum, but whatever leverage Iowa has should be used to support ISU in Big Ten negotiations.

I'm sure the the BoR has made this clear to Barta & Mason.