CLone fans calling for BOR to get involved

As fellow institutions under the control of the BoR, it is in the interest of both Universities to look out for the fortunes of the other.

The BoR would be negligent if they didn't become involved.

No reasonable person expects a "both or neither" ultimatum, but whatever leverage Iowa has should be used to support ISU in Big Ten negotiations.

I'm sure the the BoR has made this clear to Barta & Mason.

There. THAT is a reasonable take on this. I doubt that Iowa would give ISU a complete cold shoulder. They just can't do anything too bold, because they don't have the chips to back it up.

I see Iowa doing what you would do for your high school aged little brother at the bar during family weekend. He asks you to introduce him to your extremely hot friend who frankly is a little out of your league, and completely out of his league. You know he doesn't have a chance, but you introduce him to be nice. She thinks he's cute, but come on ... he's in high school.

Iowa will say something along the line of "have you seen ISU's profile, they have really good academics and pretty good athletics."

As fellow institutions under the control of the BoR, it is in the interest of both Universities to look out for the fortunes of the other.

No reasonable person expects a "both or neither" ultimatum, but whatever leverage Iowa has should be used to support ISU in Big Ten negotiations.

There are no "ISU Big Ten negotiations", and I doubt that the BOR would be anxious to get involved in what is essentially a business decision.

There. THAT is a reasonable take on this. I doubt that Iowa would give ISU a complete cold shoulder. They just can't do anything too bold, because they don't have the chips to back it up.

That's partially true: I would argue that Iowa has more cache in the Big 10 than ISU does in the Big 12.

Iowa isnt negotiating with the B10.
Iowa is already a member.
There will be NO leveraging anything with the B10, by Iowa, for any school.
What can the BoR possibly do? Rattle its saber at the B10 conf and the UofC? Kiss hundreds of millions of research dollars goodbye because ISU doesnt have a conf anymore? Get a clue.
You Clowns act like we owe you something.
Maybe Pollard can put up a billboard, begging for some BCS conference to invite ISU.

go back to clownville. yeah, i'm sure the BoR is letting Iowa know that they are going down on the good ship clownypop. big 10 doesn't want ISU. end of story. what's iowa and the bor have to do with that? notta.

good bye. and btw, tell follard to use some of his increased revenue to fix the crumbling concrete around your facilities.

Iowa isnt negotiating with the B10.
Iowa is already a member.
There will be NO leveraging anything with the B10, by Iowa, for any school.
What can the BoR possibly do? Rattle its saber at the B10 conf and the UofC? Kiss hundreds of millions of research dollars goodbye because ISU doesnt have a conf anymore? Get a clue.
You Clowns act like we owe you something.
Maybe Pollard can put up a billboard, begging for some BCS conference to invite ISU.

Well said!

So, Cyclone Nation wants the Hawkeyes to rescue them:)

That's rich. But does anyone really think the BOR could compel Iowa to lobby for ISU to get an invitation to the Big Ten? And so what if we did ask the B10 to consider it. What happens when they don't invite ISU? Nothing. So what is the worry about? Nothing.

Fan attitude does not matter.

You have two BoR institutions. The Board is charged with maintaining the financial viability of both Universities. Mason/Barta report to them, and will be instructed to exert any leverage available to include ISU in an expanded Big Ten.

It may not be enough, but it will happen.

GetAttachment.aspx

Hey Jim Delany over here, we would like to join the Big10

This is ridiculous. The BoR is not going to tell the Big 10 who they can or can't invite to join. The BoR will accept where ISU goes when this all shakes out. If it is the MWC, MAC or MVC, beggars can't be choosers. This is hardly the U of I's or the BoR fault. The PAC 10 nor the Big 10 wants ISU. If the Big 12 fizzles away, sucks to be them. Do a better job ISU and maybe somebody would invite you to their party.
Like trying to intimidate the bouncer at the club...."let me in or I am going to call my big brother".

I agree, the conversation would probably go something like this:

Barta/Mason: Please consider Iowa State University for Big Ten expansion
Delaney: Who?
Barta/Mason: Well we tried.

The hilarious part in this whole situation is that ISU fans hate to be referred to as little brother but they sure sound an awful lot like a little brother, crying to go where big brother is going.
"Momma, tell big brother that if he doesnt take me with him, he cant go!!!"

This is ridiculous. The BoR is not going to tell the Big 10 who they can or can't invite to join. The BoR will accept where ISU goes when this all shakes out. If it is the MWC, MAC or MVC, beggars can't be choosers. This is hardly the U of I's or the BoR fault. The PAC 10 nor the Big 10 wants ISU. If the Big 12 fizzles away, sucks to be them. Do a better job ISU and maybe somebody would invite you to their party.
Like trying to intimidate the bouncer at the club...."let me in or I am going to call my big brother".

That's not what he said. In fact, he specifically said that no reasonable person expects an ultimatum. All he said was that the BOR and the U of I should go to bat for ISU. Not demand anything, but do a little negotiating with the Big Ten. That's hardly asking too much from the U.

That's not what he said. In fact, he specifically said that no reasonable person expects an ultimatum. All he said was that the BOR and the U of I should go to bat for ISU. Not demand anything, but do a little negotiating with the Big Ten. That's hardly asking too much from the U.

There is nothing to negotiate, because Iowa has no power in the equation, and they have nothing to offer the Big 10 to get them to act on their behalf.

In any negotiation, you need leverage, and Iowa has none. Seriosuly, what can Iowa offer in these "negotiations" to even start preliminary discussions on bringing in the clowns?

Hawkeye Scott said it perfectly:
Hello Mr. Delaney, will you consider ISU in your expansion? Whats that?....No?
OK , thanks and have a nice day.
There is that what you wanted?

From that thread:

Big 12 EAST
ISU
KU
KSU
Cincinnati
Lousiville
Memphis

Big 12 WEST
Baylor