Cleamons

westview

I know a lot of people have Gesell starting at the point next year. Is there any chance Cleamons beats him out?

Kalamazoo Central takes best shot, falls short against talented Lansing Sexton squad - MLive.com

Senior Anthony Clemmons, a 6-foot-1 guard bound for the University of Iowa, scored a game-high 23 points and seven rebounds. Senior sharpshooter Bryn Forbes (Cleveland State commit) added 19 points, while Jalen Hayes and Jeff Cain had 15 and 14, respectively.

Denzel Valentine, a 6-6 senior headed for Michigan State, scored only three points but made several nifty passes and finished with 13 boards, four blocks and two steals.

Followed up by this article:

http://www.freep.com/article/20111209/HSS/112090388/Lansing-Sexton-has-best-team-top-player-Michigan?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Cimg%7CWayne%20County%7Cp

The defending Class B champs are the best team in the state and have the state's most complete player in 6-foot-6 Denzel Valentine (Michigan State), an unselfish player who scores only when it is important. Anthony Clemmons (Iowa) is a playmaker and a scorer with slashing moves to the basket.

The bigger question is can Gessell beat Marble at the point?

I've heard that the staff is VERY high on Clemmons right now and that they aren't ready to concede the starting spot to Gesell just yet.

I've been saying it for months now....this team is heading in the right direction and the pieces will finally be here next year. We are going to be deep, athletic and offensive minded. This year was looking a bit sketchy but it appears that the freshman are playing up to their potential already, Marble is exceeding expectations and Basabe seems to have turned the corner. We may still make a tournament run this year although I am not holding out too much hope (yet).

Clemmons plays on a team with at least three D1 commits. One of the commits is heading to MSU and just happens to be the coaches son (Valentine). That kid gets all the pub and is in the running for Mr Basketball but Clemmons is a sic defender, rebounder and commands the floor....oh, he can put the ball in the hoop too. He and Gessel are going to be a nice combination at point moving forward.

No chance that Marble remains at point with those two guys on campus which is EXACTLY what this team needs. Marble can now rotate to wing and permanently remove May from the lineup.

PG - Gessel
Wing - Marble
Wing - White
PF - Basabe
C - Woodbury

That gives you unbelievable height, slashing, ball handling and offensive skills. Throw in Clemmons, Meyer, Ingram and McCabe and that is a deep 9 with size and true basketball skills.

PG - Gessel
Wing - Marble
Wing - White
PF - Basabe
C - Woodbury

That gives you unbelievable height, slashing, ball handling and offensive skills. Throw in Clemmons, Meyer, Ingram and McCabe and that is a deep 9 with size and true basketball skills.

Forgetting about Josh O?

First time in a long time that we will have legitimate options at every position. Every freshman who comes in will have to beat out a legitimate D1 player to earn a starting spot.

If Gessel or Clemmons are overwhelmed at first then Marble has shown to be more than capable of playing point. Same at center...if Woodbury is struggling early than McCabe has shown some ability in the post and maybe a better option early next year against some nonconference foes. I think Olesani will make a big jump to close out the year and in the offseason, plus he has shown flashes early that Archie or Brommer haven't in 4 years.

Combine that with the emergence of White and Josh O plus senior May and you have plenty of options at the wing and power forward. We still lack a true difference maker at the wing spot if Marble has to play point but at least there are options.

i keep saying the lineup could be
PG Gesell
SG Marble
SF White
PF Basabe
c Woodbury

with a hockey rotation of
PG Clemmons
SG Oglesby/Ingram
SF May
PF McCabe/Meyer
C Olaseni
it makes sure we have shooters on the floor at all times

i keep saying the lineup could be
PG Gesell
SG Marble
SF White
PF Basabe
c Woodbury

with a hockey rotation of
PG Clemmons
SG Oglesby/Ingram
SF May
PF McCabe/Meyer
C Olaseni
it makes sure we have shooters on the floor at all times

The Tom Davis line-change.

I like it.

it also allows Fran to go big or small and go from a fast paced full court game to a slow half court game

This Fran loves to play two PG's at the same time. Starting isn't important, but I doubt two Frosh make the starting line up right out of the gate by mid season maybe.

The bigger question is can Gessell beat Marble at the point?
Who cares?
If they can play FM will have them on the floor and thats the way it should be.
Who's needs a PG when you have 4 guys that can handle, dish and score it?

Highly unlikely, but both Clemmons and Ingram will get plenty of PT. On his radio show last night McCaffrey talked about Gessell scoring 34, 36, 37 and 17 in the VisitMesa.com tournament in AZ and mentioned that somebody said Gessell is the best guard he has seen since Mike Bibby.

sorry every team needs a point guard
even though Marble handles the point well
you can see the difference Cartwright brings
Marble is a scorer that will get better with more strength, as for three point shooting he is just not shooting them, to make a judgement has to his ability to make them

Latest posts