Clayborn's reaction after the game

IOWuh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faWJn1ryQnA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faWJn1ryQnA[/ame]

Did anyone else catch his post game interview? The link above shows most of the interview. KCRG had a few clips taken from a different angle. Clearly he was emotional and had tears down his face. Posters on the other board seem to think he's going to come out huge against Mich State because of this interview. To me, he looked defeated. He walked out of the interview with his head down, shoulders slumped. I've met him a few times and he seems to be a genuinely nice, soft hearted person. I hope like hell he gets fired up for next week and is the beast we know he can be.

Thoughts?

It's a process. AC will be ready and so will the rest of the defense. They really got pushed around pretty good on Saturday. This will only motivate them.

The Wisky board had clips of the post-game interview & had very nice things to say about AC in a thread. Many said they now are big fans of Clayborn & will be a fan of him forever. I wish I could see it as I need to update my Adobe Flash Player & having difficulty.

I really feel bad for him as he really wanted big things this year for this team. He wanted a Big10 C-ship & contend for a NC. One of my all-time favorite Hawks.

He may have left last Sat. dejected, but, you can be assured he will get fired-up for Michigan St.

Sorry all i heard after the game in Zona was how they wouldn't be making the same stupid mis-stakes anymore, yet week in and week out it still is happening and add in now that the defense looks like crap...guaranteeing a W right now is laughable.

Sorry all i heard after the game in Zona was how they wouldn't be making the same stupid mis-stakes anymore, yet week in and week out it still is happening and add in now that the defense looks like crap...guaranteeing a W right now is laughable.

Slowly walk away from the edge, slowly walk away.

you sit in section 101?

I hear ya! Not sure what section, but beside us, a group of "Hawkeye fans" were criticizing the players and coaches the entire game. Every call against us was rationalized as a conspiracy......almost unbearable!

I use to be the worst at accepting a loss. Sure it's still hard. But sometimes you just have to shake the opponents hand congratulate them, and admit they played well. In a one point game, there are always ways the outcome could be different, but fact is, Wiscy wanted it more, executed better, and deserved to win. Next week, MSU. Go Hawks!

WOW...we have had what one undefeated conference season in 100 years???? You my friend are somewhat laughable...this team will come to play vs MSU.

id be upset if i was clayborn...bigger wins get more attention and right now id want all eyes on my team for one a bcs bowl and two a nice pay day come draft time!

Clayborn is quoted on hawkeye sports as saying some of his teammates dont practice hard or well.

Provide a link to the quote ... because what I read was the following ...

" .... UI defensive end Adrian Clayborn took responsibility as the leader of the defense, saying it was his squad that just didn't play hard enough."

You can find the full article below:

Hawkeye Sports - University of Iowa Official Athletic Site

Thus, that sounds to me that Clayborn was simply indicating that the D didn't step up when they needed to. It was just Clayborn taking responsibility as a TEAM leader.

I really don't think that Clayborn was attempting to call anybody out publicly.

I think part of it was also that he was going against the best OT he's going to see all year in Carimi. I think for the second year in a row, he won his individual battle, but b/c we lost an they rolled up all those yards, there may be the perception out there that Carimi got the best of him.

FTR, both of them were beasts out there. It was an awesome match-up. I thought Clayborn was better by a split-decision type margin.

I talked to him last night....he guaranteed a W against MSU...there is no quit in this team. I mean come on guys...

Did he say anything about the defense missing Norm?

Just seems to me our defense gets worse with each passing week that Norm isn't around. There has to be a connection.

Is Norm allowed to phone into the pressbox, bench, or locker room during halftime and help with making adjustments based on what he's seen on TV? Or are there NCAA rules that bar a coach from doing this if they're not physically in the stadium? Just curious...

I don't think our defense looked THAT bad. Wisconsin has a very strong, sound offense. Before the fake punt we had them held to 84 rushing yards... 84!!!

We've got two losses, both were games that we coulda/woulda/shoulda won, but they're over, now we have to win and finish as high as we can, there is still light at the end of the tunnel... and no, its not a train.

"defense looks like crap"

You are clueless. Iowa has lost by a total of 8 points guy, that is all. So what if we haven't played top 25 teams every game, a W is a W and there are NO guarantees from week to week.

Latest posts