Clayborn's reaction after the game

After a loss, I have to reflect on how many times I have gone to the weight room, skipped a party, pushed myself at a practice, been screamed at by a coach, or missed a family event to help the Hawkeyes win a game. Many have said it, but I will say it again. These losses hurt the players and coaches so much more than most of us can comprehend. Go AC! Thanks for coming back another year. We appreciate what you are doing!

Iowa defense trying to put out fire | Hawk Central

Asked if he was surprised by Iowa’s defensive problems during the past two weeks, Clayborn said: “I wouldn’t say it surprises me. You can kind of see how it goes during the week. Some guys don’t practice hard, and that’s what happens.â€￾

my bad, quoted the wrong site.

Thanks for the link. It's now up to the team leaders and the coaches to get after the guys who aren't practicing hard enough.

At least he didn't name names ... but if I had to bet, I wouldn't be shocked if Prater was one of the guys who wasn't practicing hard enough. I hope that the LBs are practicing hard enough ....

Kinda hard to see a big guy broken down like that. Hes a great player and will bounce back next weekend. Keep your chin up man.

Did he say anything about the defense missing Norm?

Just seems to me our defense gets worse with each passing week that Norm isn't around. There has to be a connection.

In the last two weeks you have played the two best Olines you will play. That's why it looks worse than it is. Wisconsin's Oline is very very good.

If you think what Clayborn said may have started some finger pointing, you should hear the things Mack Brown has been saying about his team the last couple of days.

They are taking things seriously, they were all emmotional after that game. It was a back and forth game with alot of emmotions. I know the defense feels like crap, they gave the game away. I would not be surprised if Iowa changes some positions or gives some guys a shot earlier in the game. I am sorry but we are 2 CB and 2LB short of an amazing Defense!

Clayborne is a class guy. Didn't storm around and act like poor loser. He took accountability and showed real emotion. This is why I am a hawkeye and A Clayborne fan.

Adrian I think you acted like a man and I know the hawks will play well this weekend. If you are true fans stop talkin smack and support this kid and his team! We have a very good D and we played a really good O. Get over it and get ready to beat MSU and get back into the Big 10 race......We still have a good chance.

I hope this isn't the beginning of the end. AC is a team leader so hopefully his comment rallys the defense together, rather than drive it apart.

There are a lot of good players on this defense but the last two weeks they have been exposed on ABC. 8 TDs in 2 games??? Unheard of for this group. Far to much talent & experience for that.

I hope this isn't the beginning of the end. AC is a team leader so hopefully his comment rallys the defense together, rather than drive it apart.

There are a lot of good players on this defense but the last two weeks they have been exposed on ABC. 8 TDs in 2 games??? Unheard of for this group. Far to much talent & experience for that.

Need Angerer there to punch somebody in the face. This has a scary fats cats feel to it.

Latest posts