Classic Lil Debbie

loesshillshawk

“Our university is committed to playing no matter what that looks like and how that looks. We want to play no matter who it is or where it is." Scott Frost

Now he doesn't want to play his schedule. Suck it up buttercup.

I said it in another post when they were talking about going rogue. Opening your mouth and then proceed to file a lawsuit thinking your even remotely relevant should come back to haunt you when conference schedules are announced in the future. And low and behold they now get to open against OSU. Well done Nebby, you're still completely irrelevant in terms of being a conference contender or national contender, but you get to see a contender week 1. Aint that some shit.

I said it in another post when they were talking about going rogue. Opening your mouth and then proceed to file a lawsuit thinking your even remotely relevant should come back to haunt you when conference schedules are announced in the future. And low and behold they now get to open against OSU. Well done Nebby, you're still completely irrelevant in terms of being a conference contender or national contender, but you get to see a contender week 1. Aint that some shit.

That schedule screams "losing record" and possibly 3 wins or fewer (even with the 9th game). However, I think a lot of teams are really rusty due to the weirdness of the offseason and uncertainty, so if I had to play at OSU, I would want to do it week 1. If you show up on your game, that is a winnable game. You sure as shit don't want to play them after week 3. And if you lose 70-0, you just blame your own rust. It's a win-win scenario for the Huskers.

That schedule screams "losing record" and possibly 3 wins or fewer (even with the 9th game). However, I think a lot of teams are really rusty due to the weirdness of the offseason and uncertainty, so if I had to play at OSU, I would want to do it week 1. If you show up on your game, that is a winnable game. You sure as shit don't want to play them after week 3. And if you lose 70-0, you just blame your own rust. It's a win-win scenario for the Huskers.

True, but with everything going on the recipe for disaster says a big loss to OSU followed by a beatdown to the Badgers and they may be mentally checked out by week 3. I'd rather see them start this way then by playing a few cellar dwellers or mediocre teams that they can compete with to get the momentum building. I think this should put the nail in the coffin immediately rather than a midseason collapse, which can be fun to watch them suffer through as well.

I have to admit I'm partially torn on rooting for them to beat Wisconsin... I don't think they will for the record but in the short term a part of me wants them to because otherwise Wisky may be undefeated when we play them at the end. As much as I'd like to think Iowa will be too the realist in me isn't that confident in that. Not with Purdue out of the gate and PSU on the schedule. The long term ahead looking me wants Neb to suck and keep losing though because well they are Nebraska...

I have to admit I'm partially torn on rooting for them to beat Wisconsin... I don't think they will for the record but in the short term a part of me wants them to because otherwise Wisky may be undefeated when we play them at the end. As much as I'd like to think Iowa will be too the realist in me isn't that confident in that. Not with Purdue out of the gate and PSU on the schedule. The long term ahead looking me wants Neb to suck and keep losing though because well they are Nebraska...

Here's the answer to your dilemma. You root for Wisconsin to bitch slap Nebraska into oblivion. Then you root for every other team Wisconsin plays to beat them. Then you root for Illinois to beat Nebraska and root for all other teams to beat Illinois. Then you root for Northwestern to beat Nebraska...Rinse and Repeat.

You are exactly right as an Iowa fan to want Nebby to beat Wisky who is the pre season West Div frontrunner. Plus that is an away game for Wisky and we dont want them to win on the road at least early on.

Nebbie absolutely loses the PR battle though. If they were smart, they would have embraced whatever the schedule gave them, like other schools have done. They come off looking like entitled brats!

You are exactly right as an Iowa fan to want Nebby to beat Wisky who is the pre season West Div frontrunner. Plus that is an away game for Wisky and we dont want them to win on the road at least early on.
I'm not even bummed about Iowas schedule really. I think it's realistically challenging. If we run the table we'll have had to really earn it and be damn good. Wisky on the other hand with the schedule they have can't say that. Iowa at the end of the yr is pretty much the only tough game I see for them.

I was saying all that with an eye on winning the West as the end all goal. It would suck if Iowa has 2 losses going into the Wisconsin game and they are undefeated and nothing much is on the line... Hell what if they were to rest starters against us for it looking ahead to OSU in championship game? It's not an impossibility...Ugh...

Hey, them and their lawsuits got us back playing football again!!

Never thought I'd say this. When that schedule came out, a little part of me wanted them to roll in the conference and win the Championship game sticking their middle finger to the BIG 10 Elite (administration and presidents). Just a small part of me!

I'm not even bummed about Iowas schedule really. I think it's realistically challenging. If we run the table we'll have had to really earn it and be damn good. Wisky on the other hand with the schedule they have can't say that. Iowa at the end of the yr is pretty much the only tough game I see for them.

I was saying all that with an eye on winning the West as the end all goal. It would suck if Iowa has 2 losses going into the Wisconsin game and they are undefeated and nothing much is on the line... Hell what if they were to rest starters against us for it looking ahead to OSU in championship game? It's not an impossibility...Ugh...

I'm just glad to have football back. I really want Iowa to play 8 nice games. I always get up for the good games/competition. Those games always have a different feel. Might as well be this year as it's such a mess anyway. Bring em on!

Moos: “First time we’re on a charter aircraft, first time we’re in a hotel, first time everybody on the sidelines has masks on, first time with electronic whistles, everything’s going to be new. I didn’t feel that had to happen."

I mean, Moos has a point. Who could have seen the flight travel and hotel stays coming? I went in-depth on their schedule, and by my estimates, Nebraska will be forced to do that 4 times over 8 games this year. And if I had to bet money on it, I'm sure those assholes in the Big Ten office will make them take a flight and stay in a hotel for that ninth game, too. Also, seems likely that Ohio State has been experimenting with electronic whistles for years - just biding their time for Nebraska and their vulnerable ears that are only tuned to manual whistles.

Moos: “First time we’re on a charter aircraft, first time we’re in a hotel, first time everybody on the sidelines has masks on, first time with electronic whistles, everything’s going to be new. I didn’t feel that had to happen."

I mean, Moos has a point. Who could have seen the flight travel and hotel stays coming? I went in-depth on their schedule, and by my estimates, Nebraska will be forced to do that 4 times over 8 games this year. And if I had to bet money on it, I'm sure those assholes in the Big Ten office will make them take a flight and stay in a hotel for that ninth game, too. Also, seems likely that Ohio State has been experimenting with electronic whistles for years - just biding their time for Nebraska and their vulnerable ears that are only tuned to manual whistles.

"Look, we've got top men down in the labs working on this. There is a latency in the um, in the uh, electronic whistles. Coach Frost had this team ready to go, but the 7 late hit penalties were totally a result of the latency in the um, in the uh whistles, and 4 of those penalties led directly to OSU touchdowns. You take those out, and you take out the 2 pick sixes, and you take out that fumbled snap that went back for a TD, and you assume that without those we put up more than 86 yards of offense, and I really don't think the 70-0 score really reflected how competitive we were out there today."

I think between you and me, we could be top brass in the Nebraska media or athletic department.

They won't win their first game against OSU. If by some miracle they do, you can bet they'll be beating their chest for the next week.

I think a good BIG west crown would be 7-1 with a win over Wisconsin. 6-2 is leaving it to chance and tie breaker #4's. If we lose to Penn State or MN, but we win the rest and Wisky comes in undefeated we would still win the west with a victory. We can lose 2 and start diagramming the possibilities...but my ideal is 7-1 or 8-0 Iowa (both possible but not necessarily probable) vs undefeated Wisconsin, winner to the colosseum floor to face OSU. Id love to see Wisconsin piss pound Nebby. Wisconsin is cocky but Nebraska is delusional. Wisconsin earns what they have now.

Latest posts