CHOKEYES

koralakers

Same ole same ole. For 30 years+ been watching the same thing. Every close game, we will lose. However we can do it...missed FTs, missed layups, turnovers, whatever. When up by 40, we can't miss a FT or 3-pointer. However, in a tight game, we can't buy a basket. Being a Hawk fan is painful. We have the most stacked team in 30 years, playing a completely undermanned Spartan team, and lost a game by 2 points in which we don't hit a shot in 15 minutes of game play. Unreal. just Unreal. Only the Hawks.

I'll absolutely die of shock if Iowa ever has their last shot at the end of regulation actually GO IN. I paused the game with 18 seconds left when Iowa had the ball and a chance to win, and looked at my wife and said "Iowa will not be able to score, the game will go to OT and they will lose." It doesn't take a crystal ball to figure it out, because it's the same thing that always happens.

It's unbelievable. As for how many times we've been beaten at the buzzer... The list goes on and on.

No doubt it's frustrating. Yeah, it would be great to win close games at the buzzer. Iowa is not quite there yet. But anyone who doesn't see that huge strides have been made over the past four years doesn't know basketball.

Starting to feel like being a Hawks fan is the college basketball equivalent of being a Cubs fan. I aint givin up on em though! Still gonna lay my heart out there to get ripped out every game- lookin forward to giving the Illini a schalacking on their home floor!

Same ole same ole. For 30 years+ been watching the same thing. Every close game, we will lose. However we can do it...missed FTs, missed layups, turnovers, whatever. When up by 40, we can't miss a FT or 3-pointer. However, in a tight game, we can't buy a basket. Being a (insert team name) fan is painful. We have the most stacked team in 30 years, playing a completely undermanned (insert opponent's name) team, and lost a game by 2 points in which we don't hit a shot in 15 minutes of game play. Unreal. just Unreal. Only the (insert team name).

No doubt it's frustrating. Yeah, it would be great to win close games at the buzzer. Iowa is not quite there yet. But anyone who doesn't see that huge strides have been made over the past four years doesn't know basketball.

The difference in this program now compared to 2 or 3 years ago is night and day. I love Fran and think the guy's doing a great job.

I just can't get over the fact that Iowa can never make a shot in the closing seconds of a game to win/tie, when other teams can do it. Even average to mediocre teams.. Heck, how many times did Alford get beat at the buzzer by freaking Northwestern?

Our last second shot will rim out, or go half way down and back out. On the flip side, I remember NW beating Alford at the buzzer, where the ball sort of hung on the rim for second or two, and then fell in. The ball just never seems to roll that way for us.

So I guess I'm just whining about bad luck in these scenarios.

Besides, Iowa is ranked in the Top 20.. If we're not "there" yet, when will we be? Where we can expect our guys to make a play to win the game on the last possession?

Problem is that those "huge strides" are only getting us back to where we were already at 15 years ago. It's like taking a pounding in your 401k for a few years and then kicking butt for the next couple and then looking at your statement and realizing you're still behind from where you were at before the market tanked. It feels good to know you're making headway, but frustrating to know you're not really any further along.

I get what you are saying.......it just feels like an opportunity is being missed here.

I get what you are saying.......it just feels like an opportunity is being missed here.

Oh, no doubt. Iowa has snatched two or three losses from the jaws of victory this season by failing to execute or going ice cold in closing minutes. The offensive output last night was, well, offensive.

I'll absolutely die of shock if Iowa ever has their last shot at the end of regulation actually GO IN. I paused the game with 18 seconds left when Iowa had the ball and a chance to win, and looked at my wife and said "Iowa will not be able to score, the game will go to OT and they will lose." It doesn't take a crystal ball to figure it out, because it's the same thing that always happens.

It's unbelievable. As for how many times we've been beaten at the buzzer... The list goes on and on.

The last one I ever remember was Andre Woolridge hitting a buzzer beater in the mid 90's. I remember because I was there right behind the hoop he did it at then rushed the floor.

Starting to feel like being a Hawks fan is the college basketball equivalent of being a Cubs fan. I aint givin up on em though! Still gonna lay my heart out there to get ripped out every game- lookin forward to giving the Illini a schalacking on their home floor!

Not even close. The Cubs have actually had some reasonably legit chances to win it all. Most years they can point to reasonable hope for the future (great farm system right now, for instance, but they will stink this year). Iowa has had one decent chance to win it all and that was torn to shreds when Lester got hurt. That was well over 30 years ago and it likely will not get another chance. Iowa's future looks purdy bad as Fran has been able to recruit some solid ball players, but has not been able to land that dominant guy a college team needs and with the guys who are graduating, next year looks downright scary. In actuality, the Cubs are prolly closer to the Illini. Can win the conference and can come tantalizingly close to winning it all, but never will.

Maybe if you ever get 30+ years of hawkeye support under your belt, you might understand

From my signature - "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the University of Iowa, and to the tradition for which it stands, one program, under God, indivisible, with winning and competitiveness sometimes. "

I've also been watching the Hawkeyes for over 30 years...not the same Hawkeyes you have been watching. Off the top of my head...Wade Lookingbill, James Moses and Rodell Davis all hit game winners late.

Edit - Luke Recker in the BTT for some that haven't been watching for 30 plus years...

Hawks will close out the season in the middle of the pack. They just don't have the skills to close the game and this is so true what has been said. Over the years a weakness that won't go away. Some of these kids were whiz bangs in high scool but when they come to college they can't do much of anything. I guess the blue chippers must be going elsewhere. Iowa is not an attraction to the good recruits.

Hawks will close out the season in the middle of the pack. They just don't have the skills to close the game and this is so true what has been said. Over the years a weakness that won't go away. Some of these kids were whiz bangs in high scool but when they come to college they can't do much of anything. I guess the blue chippers must be going elsewhere. Iowa is not an attraction to the good recruits.

Your trolling needs work.

Latest posts