Chiefs interested in Ferentz??

interesting scenario-we get lucky and Ferentz goes to KC, does Bielema pull a Dana Altman on Arkansas and come back home to IOWA? i do think we would suffer for a few years, but it would be worth it. Iowa has to be a desirable job, as we have a new athletic facility and also, we obviously are not afraid to overpay out head coaches

I post drunk sometimes too...

Cmon Bonanza. You are smarter than to actually think Iowa could t find an adequate replacement for Ferentz? You really believe the Iowa job is so "non attractive" that we could not find a solid coach?

Are you pleased with the direction of the program at the moment? Is Ferentz seemingly running it in the right direction and of all you have seen do you actually believe it's a "sure thing" he can turn it around here?

At some point it's time for another to step in and get a shot. Ferentz has been at Iowa for 14 years. He's done incredible things.....but MOST of those incredible things were done during his first 6 years at Iowa. Not alot of "great" has been done in his last 8 years at Iowa. The guy has a .500 Big 10 record at Iowa over the past 8 years (32-32). That's not exactly "getting it done."

I will not cry if Ferentz leaves Iowa tomorrow and we are forced to find a new head coach.

Hey. I want him gone. I said that from the beginning. I'm just saying we haven't heard Iowa connected to anybody who I was excited about. And to answer your question, yes, I am a little bit concerned that the Iowa job, in Iowa City in the state of Iowa full of Iowan high school prospects in the awful B1G and largely lacking any connection to a potential coach with any promise whatsoever, wouldn't be able to entice a great coach.

We can dream thou amirite???!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Tmoney, 11en1 is a Chiefs fan so he won't be dreaming of this, that would be a nightmare.

The rest of us can dream, well excluding Herby. He would probably go into hiding and fester of this for years until her resurfaces and he looks like Gollum.

You know there are stark comparisons to how the fan base felt at the end of Steve Alfords time at Iowa compared to Ferentz. The fans are tired of the demeanor and the game management. Ferentz has accomplished more on the field than Alford ever did on the court and their personalities are night and day, but the angst feels the same.
It was a blessing when New Mexico came calling, maybe not with the guy that replaced him, but even so there I still feel there is far more dislike for him than his replacement.
If this does actually happen and for Iowa's sake, I hope it does, then I think Barta has learned not to go to the extreme to pick a replacement that is on the far end of the spectrum personality wise as he did with the basketball program. Diaco is the most sensible replacement and again, for Iowa's sake it would be a good thing.

I would love if we get Diaco... I am kinda scared at who we would get thou. Guess I'm suffering from the Alford/Lickliter effect

please let this happen. i'd LOVE to hear the ******** out of KC if this did happen.

as it is, this would be a fun, for fun wager. pin2win, get on it!

I would love if we get Diaco... I am kinda scared at who we would get thou. Guess I'm suffering from the Alford/Lickliter effect

It understandable to be scared a bit, but I think Diaco would have the "Fitzgerald Effect" on the Iowa program and the good thing about that is, Iowa has always recruited at a lot higher level than Northwestern.

Then if he could bring Kerry Cooks with him to run the defense as well, yeah, not a bad situation.

Maybe bring Bob Elliott back as well?

Again, this is all hypothetical.

Last edited:
I love Notre Dame. I regard, and have since they beat Stanford, them as the best team in country. I love who they are as a team and what they do, both offensively and defensively. I also love that Pat Fitzgerald is being used as the example for what we (would) want as a replacement.

Tell me about Bob Diaco.

Good read; sign me up for some Coach Diaco.
http://www.wndu.com/sports/headline...-best-assistant-football-coach-184205531.html

Last edited:

It's understandable Tmoney, I am pretty sure that later down the road doctors will actually consider this a real type of mental illness, disease or something along those lines.

If everybody didn't picture Ferentz and Pioli as butt buddies, nobody would be talking about Ferentz as a candidate right now. I hardly think it's a coincidence that KC is the only place he's been linked to at all in the last 8 years.

GB will have to raise season ticket prices so we can afford a stay incentive for KF. LOL - KC would have nuclear meltdown with hiring of KF. I know articles say Pioli stays, but really hard to accept that will happen,

Any of you think this is just smoke from Bill O'Brien's camp trying to give himself leverage for the KC job? Pioli and him are tighter than a nun's **** from their time in New England.

There is no buyout for Kirk Ferentz to pay the Uof I. The only buyout would be if Iowa fired Kirk Ferentz. This is another example of how bad of a contract Barta signed off on. He gave KF an incredible contract with a huge buyout but did nothing to protect the university in case Kirk Ferentz was very succesful and wanted to leave. Only thing is Barta's stupidity could work out for Iowa if KF decides to leave. Another thing, if anybody thinks Iowa is going to offer another coach 3-4 million to coach here is crazy. I would expect Iowa to offer 1.5 million up to maybe 2 million to start.

Latest posts