Chiefs interested in Ferentz??

Do you honestly believe, that with the Chiefs situation in such disarray right now, that Pioli gets to hire a new head coach this winter then if that terrible team the new coach inherits in 2013 doesn't have a GREAT season (which would be highly doubtful), that Pioli gets canned a year from now?

If Clark Hunt decides to keep Pioli now, this means Pioli will get at least 2-3 more years in KC to see if the new head coach can get the franchise moved in the right direction.

As mentioned by others, even if Ferentz would get an NFL job and it doesn't work out, I guarantee you there will be another very decent job waiting for him somewhere.
Yes I do think that even if the Chiefs hire Pioli back he is on a short leash. Yes Hunt could and would fire Pioli with another 2012 like year.

On KC: Pioli's best to stay w #Chiefs is to bring in #Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz. Hear Iowa coaches are calling around, inquiring about jobs. -- Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet

Pioli isn't the reason the Chefs are garbage they sent 5 players to the pro bowl they are basically a QB away from being a solid squad. Many experts thought the Chefs would make the playoffs this year. Clearly, Romeo is not a head coach if Pioli is fired due to hiring him then so be it, but its not because their is a dearth of talent in KC.

LOL Did they really need to add that Iowa would let him walk? Like any program is going to fight to keep a coach with a $20 M buyout who is leading the program straight into the ground.

"sources say that Iowa would let him walk" that's funny. The sources are likely people on this forum.

According to NFL.com's Steve Wyche, the Kansas City Chiefs are expected to retain general manager Scott Pioli despite a disastrous season, according to a source briefed on the situation. Coach Romeo Crennel won't be as fortunate. The source said Crennel likely will be fired, although no final decision has been made on the coach's future.
NFL head coach tracker
REI251637.jpg
The Andy Reid era could be ending in Philadelphia. Which other coaches could lose their jobs in the days ahead? More ...

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has strong feelings for Pioli and wants to give him another shot to get things right, the source said.
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport points out that Pioli could go after Iowa's Kirk Ferentz. Rapoport hears that Iowa coaches are calling around inquiring about jobs. There's no buyout in Ferentz's contract.

Kansas City Chiefs GM Scott Pioli expected to keep job - NFL.com

According to NFL.com's Steve Wyche, the Kansas City Chiefs are expected to retain general manager Scott Pioli despite a disastrous season, according to a source briefed on the situation. Coach Romeo Crennel won't be as fortunate. The source said Crennel likely will be fired, although no final decision has been made on the coach's future.
NFL head coach tracker
REI251637.jpg
The Andy Reid era could be ending in Philadelphia. Which other coaches could lose their jobs in the days ahead? More ...

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has strong feelings for Pioli and wants to give him another shot to get things right, the source said.
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport points out that Pioli could go after Iowa's Kirk Ferentz. Rapoport hears that Iowa coaches are calling around inquiring about jobs. There's no buyout in Ferentz's contract.

Kansas City Chiefs GM Scott Pioli expected to keep job - NFL.com

I am now really, really confused...so does the money only come into play if Iowa were to get rid of him then?

didn't this thread appear last year? I wasn't fooled then and I'm not fooled now

The thing is, it makes more sense this year for Iowa than it did last year. There is a huge concern that the fanbase is going to turn on him and what I mean by that is ticket sales. Right now is the perfect opportunity for Iowa to show zero interest in retaining him and on top of it, not have to pay a bunch of money for him to leave.

The thing is, it makes more sense this year for Iowa than it did last year. There is a huge concern that the fanbase is going to turn on him and what I mean by that is ticket sales. Right now is the perfect opportunity for Iowa to show zero interest in retaining him and on top of it, not have to pay a bunch of money for him to leave.

Exactly. I'm sure it's a pipe dream but this situation, more than any other, seems the most beneficial for all sides. Kirk leaves before the fan base gets extremely chippy, Barta gets a back door out of that disaster of a contract he gave Kirk, and Iowa moves into a new unknown era.

I think it's funny that when Pioli was hired at KC a few years ago all us Iowa fans were shaking in our boots that Kirk would leave. After three years going 19-19 overall and 10-14 in the B1G now Iowa fans are begging Pioli to take Kirk away.

interesting scenario-we get lucky and Ferentz goes to KC, does Bielema pull a Dana Altman on Arkansas and come back home to IOWA? i do think we would suffer for a few years, but it would be worth it. Iowa has to be a desirable job, as we have a new athletic facility and also, we obviously are not afraid to overpay out head coaches

If Kfed is hired in KC, Stanzi will be deemed the starting QB upon Kfed's arrival. He will then state for the majority of year that Stanzi gives the Chefs the best chance to win. The media in KC is less kind then the Iowa media and a bombardment of F bombs spew from Kfed's mouth as he leaves KC midseason to return to Iowa City where Barta is standing with open arms and an open check book.

If Kfed is hired in KC, Stanzi will be deemed the starting QB upon Kfed's arrival. He will then state for the majority of year that Stanzi gives the Chefs the best chance to win. The media in KC is less kind then the Iowa media and a bombardment of F bombs spew from Kfed's mouth as he leaves KC midseason to return to Iowa City where Barta is standing with open arms and an open check book.
LOL!!!!!!

Latest posts