Chiefs interested in Ferentz??

Isn't it interesting thateven though there are some on this board dissatified with KF -- that he is still an object of desire in the market? Hmmmm... that certainly is telling.
The Chiefs are interested in him. More accurately, the Chiefs GM (who may well lose his job) is interested in him. The Chiefs GM who signed Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, Ricky Stanzi, Romeo Crennel, and Todd Haley is interested in Kurt.

Something to think about if you are KF...Say Pioli stays on as GM and hires KF. You know as well as I do the Chiefs front office is putting Pioli on a very short leash which means if 2013 season is a tank like 2012 was Pioli will not survive. If Pioli doesn't survive past 2013 and a new GM comes in you know that new GM will want his own pick for a head coach. At that point KF would be toast and unemployed where as if he stayed at Iowa he would be still making millions.

Do you honestly believe, that with the Chiefs situation in such disarray right now, that Pioli gets to hire a new head coach this winter then if that terrible team the new coach inherits in 2013 doesn't have a GREAT season (which would be highly doubtful), that Pioli gets canned a year from now?

If Clark Hunt decides to keep Pioli now, this means Pioli will get at least 2-3 more years in KC to see if the new head coach can get the franchise moved in the right direction.

As mentioned by others, even if Ferentz would get an NFL job and it doesn't work out, I guarantee you there will be another very decent job waiting for him somewhere.

They are, though. This tweet came on the heels of reports that KC is keeping Pioli, and giving him a new coach and QB. Ferentz is Pioli's 1st choice.

I honestly hope he goes, except I have no idea who we'd hire to replace him. Haven't heard anybody ever even speculate on somebody I'd like.

Lots of people agree that we're pretty bad off with Ferentz right now, but would we be even worse for a while if Ferentz leaves and we have no aqequate replacement?

Hey, cool, we could get Wisconsin's backup choice.

Not that any of this will happen. I doubt the Chief's owner is clamoring to "slow down" their offense.

* How many more chances would Ferentz get to give the NFL a go ......this could be it.
* 14 years doing the same thing is a long time for someone that needs new challenges
* Work for a person he has always respected in the NFL's GM circle
* No more recruiting rigors and games......can do what he most enjoys, coaching.
* Alot of upward potential available with a program that has been dragging the bottom

I think you can make a case for his leaving.

Obviously not good for football recruiting at this point. This will invite even more vultures.

Lol thanks for posting this. I got a good laugh out of the comment from @JhawkRich I swear on my grandmother if this happens I am EFFING DONE!!!!!!!!

Sounds like Chefs fanbase would be very excited to see Kirk come on board.

Jay Glazer on Fox mentioned Kirk this morning as well, not directly to the Chiefs, but said Pioli was meeting with the owners tomorrow.

They only way Pioli saves his job is if the ownership feels sorry for him because Belcher killed himself in front of him.

Chizik is available.

I know I will get **** for this, but really not a bad hire, IMO. He was on an unfair short leash at Auburn (where he won a title) and nobody can blame him for not winning in Ames since its the clowns. Plus it would be hilarious to see them get jelly.

Latest posts