Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

CHICAGO CUBS -- WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!

I'm not a real emotional guy, but I am still getting kind of misty every time I think about it.

CHICAGO CUBS -- WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!

I'm not a real emotional guy, but I am still getting kind of misty every time I think about it.

It's a good feeling isnt it? I was still teary-eyed this morning, then my wife sent me a video with the voice of Harry Carey, then I started all over again, called my dad of 78 last night and he couldn't get the words out, all I said was it's ok....goosebumps man, goosebumps

Last edited:
It's a good feeling until it? I was still teary-eyed this morning, then my wife sent me a video with the voice of Harry Carey, then I started all over again, called my dad of 78 last night and he couldn't get the words out, all I said was it's ok....goosebumps man, goosebumps
Wish I could of called my dad but I just know he was watching..............I just know he was. NEIC you calling your dad is awesome! Don't ever forget those memories.

You guys are all making me misty eyed again just reading :) NEIC, I just saw the Harry one from Budweiser that has him calling the final out, its about 2 minutes. Incredible feels. Jon Miller retweeted it if anyone hasn't seen it. Definitely got chills and a flood of memories coming back from listening to Harry my whole childhood through college.
Wilson Contreras got me last night, he was so emotional in his locker room interview and you could tell just how badly he wanted to win and how much it meant to him.

FYI - Heard Scheels in DSM is getting gear in around 5 today. I'll probably have to order onine :(

You guys are all making me misty eyed again just reading :) NEIC, I just saw the Harry one from Budweiser that has him calling the final out, its about 2 minutes. Incredible feels. Jon Miller retweeted it if anyone hasn't seen it. Definitely got chills and a flood of memories coming back from listening to Harry my whole childhood through college.
Wilson Contreras got me last night, he was so emotional in his locker room interview and you could tell just how badly he wanted to win and how much it meant to him.

FYI - Heard Scheels in DSM is getting gear in around 5 today. I'll probably have to order onine :(

I know the manage of the Scheels at Jordan Creek. He said they are bringing in Semi's of Cubs gear as they were pretty much sold out.

I know the manage of the Scheels at Jordan Creek. He said they are bringing in Semi's of Cubs gear as they were pretty much sold out.

I live about an hour away, not sure I'll be able to get there unfortunately. I'm sure if your friend can keep you posted there would be a lot of interested folks on here wanting to know when it arrives!

I didn't see Contreras' interview, but you could easily see what it meant to Rizzo and Bryant. Ross was the one that got me. Can't imagine the mix of feelings he was going through knowing what he accomplished as well as knowing that was the end of the road for him. I don't know if I'm biased or not because I'm a fan, but as a team they just seemed so much more humbled than most teams. I never got a feeling that they ever felt bigger than the game or like superstars, it came off more to me like a team of high schoolers awestruck by what they'd just accomplished, who play for the love of the game. Ross was just so down to earth and humble as a player, despite how much I like Contreras he's just one of those clubhouse guys that's going to be irreplaceable.

I didn't see Contreras' interview, but you could easily see what it meant to Rizzo and Bryant. Ross was the one that got me. Can't imagine the mix of feelings he was going through knowing what he accomplished as well as knowing that was the end of the road for him. I don't know if I'm biased or not because I'm a fan, but as a team they just seemed so much more humbled than most teams. I never got a feeling that they ever felt bigger than the game or like superstars, it came off more to me like a team of high schoolers awestruck by what they'd just accomplished, who play for the love of the game. Ross was just so down to earth and humble as a player, despite how much I like Contreras he's just one of those clubhouse guys that's going to be irreplaceable.

Part of what makes this so enjoyable is definitely the "likeability" of this team. And what is great is the core will be around a few years!
I love Ross on some of the postgame stuff with MLB Network anchors. I think he would be a fantastic analyst on a Baseball Tonight or MLB Tonight type of show. I have a feeling he'll take a year or two to invest in his children's lives though.

5 million people at this parade!!!!! EPIC! This is absolutely wonderful and I'm so freaking happy I can't wipe the smile off my face for anything!

Sounds like Dexter will be leaving and possibly going to st. louis. If he has to go I would hope he'd go to someone outside our division.

Dex will get paid well. Be nice to have him back for one more year but I don't blame him for cashing in. In essence though, we'll have Schwarber "replace" him in the lineup so hitting wise we are fine. I assume Heyward and Almora will share CF duties, with Zobrist manning another corner along with some starts from Bryant. We'll have another back up OF or two also and have defensive replacements for Schwarber late in games. Really hard to say where Soler fits in or if we trade him.

Hammel will probably get paid more than he's worth also, its a thin pitching market so some average pitchers will be getting a lot of money. I think Montgomery will start for us next year.

Dex will get paid well. Be nice to have him back for one more year but I don't blame him for cashing in. In essence though, we'll have Schwarber "replace" him in the lineup so hitting wise we are fine. I assume Heyward and Almora will share CF duties, with Zobrist manning another corner along with some starts from Bryant. We'll have another back up OF or two also and have defensive replacements for Schwarber late in games. Really hard to say where Soler fits in or if we trade him.

Hammel will probably get paid more than he's worth also, its a thin pitching market so some average pitchers will be getting a lot of money. I think Montgomery will start for us next year.
I think you're wright about Montgomery starting for us next year. I guess if I had to chose between Zobrist and Fowler I'd stick with Zobrist. I will miss Fowler though. Soler I think gets traded.

I have to say I agree with the article. I think that the Cubs stand pat with FA for position players, and address the bullpen (will make a run for Kenley Jensen). They will also continue to look at young controllable pitching. I don't know if they can get very far on that front, but I think they try. I would love to see the Cubs move Soler for some young controllable starting pitching.