Chicago Cubs 2014 Season Thread (super-official)

Speaking of Baez, after a very slow start he is hitting .439 in the last 10 games. Kris Bryant is also tearing up AA Tennessee batting .394 in his last 10 games, .337 on the year with 14 HRs already.

It's amazing how consistent Baez has been no matter what level he's been at. At every level, he's struggled for a month or so and then tore it up after that. So when he gets called up in a couple months, don't expect him to hit .300 with power right away and don't get too mad if he struggles

It's amazing how consistent Baez has been no matter what level he's been at. At every level, he's struggled for a month or so and then tore it up after that. So when he gets called up in a couple months, don't expect him to hit .300 with power right away and don't get too mad if he struggles

Agreed. Most prospects struggle during their first month or so. There is usually one a year that actually takes the league by storm for a month or so then they come back to reality once pitchers find the holes in their swing. MLB pitching is a whole new animal.

Cubs reached for this guy. They just did not like much that was on the table. Theo subscribes to the positional college players ( like Billy Beane) high in the draft. Seems like Rizzo has 1st base locked up so this guy will have to play the outfield. Could be a butcher out there.

I am too! Already planned on going to the I Cubs game Sunday, this is just an added bonus. I hope both Baez and Bryant completely destroy a couple balls!

Does anyone understand why, exactly, the Cubs had today off? Just seems absolute bizarre that any MLB team would have Sunday off.

Latest posts