Changes...

Unfortunately changes can be in the works for quite a long time. Can’t help but wonder if this was seen coming three or four years ago.

Anyways Rob I do want to wish you the best moving forward. I thought you did a good job of being fair and opened minded.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

The Wasteland is absolutely Hawkeye related. We've got fucking legends over there already, including DuffMan, Ghost, SoCal, Ginger and ThunderHawk. It's easiest to just port the 20-30 active folks here to there. You'll get a migration to a new board, but it will die fast because I don't think you'll get more than a handful of active folks there.

My guess is they'll 86 this board at some point fairly soon because the moderation cost of a paid third party prolly ain't worth the pittance of revenue. This is more of a labor of love type of job.

Wasteland is still a thing? I would have never guessed. It seems like I quit visiting there about 10 years ago.

So this sucks. I submitted my resignation from varsity soccer after 25 years on Tuesday to have more time to spend here and now this? All jokes aside Rob best of luck we owe you a lot for putting up with us over the years. Whether the board stays the same or ends up shutting down, its not going to be the same.

So, I got a call from the HN owners yesterday. It being the last day of the month, I figured it probably was not good news, at least for me. It wasn't.

They informed me that they were eliminating the publisher role for the website but keeping me on as a contributor effective today. You still will be seeing plenty of my written content on HN with a focus on recruiting. I'm told the move is financially based.

What else does the change bring about here? I'm glad you asked. ;)

-I no longer will be moderating these message boards. I have not been told who will be doing that. I may post on here from time to time, but it will be as a private citizen :D and it will be far less frequently.

-I will not be shooting photos or recording podcasts for HN. You will be able to find my work in those areas on other sites. You may also see some of my stories on other sites. I've been doing that for YourPrepSports.com and Milesplit.com as a side hustle and will continue with those companies.

-I will not be handling any customer concerns. I've not been told who will be doing it.

I appreciate all you guys that have hung around since I returned to HN in December of '15. It's been a bit hairy at times, especially in '20, but I've enjoyed the conversation and getting to know you guys a little. Don't ever hesitate to reach out and say hi. Like I said, I'll drop in on here from time to time until I break the habit. ;)

Thanks for the ride Rob. It's been a good one. To be honest, I'm not sure what the owners want or are looking for as 2020 is such a unique year and situation. Unprecedented.

Anyway, you brought us great articles and increased information on recruiting. As far as the message boards I thought you managed them well, gave us a nice length of leash at times, but enforced your guidelines for posting when things went too far.

I mean you and I probably don't see eye to eye on the political front, but you've been fair for the most part. Let us express our opinions to a point.

Again, I don't know what the owners are looking for Good luck to you and don't be a stranger.

I sure hope when FB gets going again this board picks back up. I don't post much, mostly because I read on a cheap tablet in bed at night or on the shifter in the morning. It's hard to thumb the keyboard, and often I'm curious if somebody is thinking the same way as me. But I'm on here every single day at least twice. I will be in withdraw if it shuts down.

Best of luck, Rob, I have appreciated your contributions on here. I will continue to enjoy your content, whatever platform I happen to find it on.

So, I got a call from the HN owners yesterday. It being the last day of the month, I figured it probably was not good news, at least for me. It wasn't.

They informed me that they were eliminating the publisher role for the website but keeping me on as a contributor effective today. You still will be seeing plenty of my written content on HN with a focus on recruiting. I'm told the move is financially based.

What else does the change bring about here? I'm glad you asked. ;)

-I no longer will be moderating these message boards. I have not been told who will be doing that. I may post on here from time to time, but it will be as a private citizen :D and it will be far less frequently.

-I will not be shooting photos or recording podcasts for HN. You will be able to find my work in those areas on other sites. You may also see some of my stories on other sites. I've been doing that for YourPrepSports.com and Milesplit.com as a side hustle and will continue with those companies.

-I will not be handling any customer concerns. I've not been told who will be doing it.

I appreciate all you guys that have hung around since I returned to HN in December of '15. It's been a bit hairy at times, especially in '20, but I've enjoyed the conversation and getting to know you guys a little. Don't ever hesitate to reach out and say hi. Like I said, I'll drop in on here from time to time until I break the habit. ;)

Always appreciated your content Rob. Hopefully you'll be back. Take care, be well, and stick around when ya can sir.