Changes on the horizon...

Damn, I forget how good looking I am.

I am an insanely passionate and loyal Iowa fan. I forgot why is that wrong?

I don't think losing a unheralded recruit that had 18 receptions 2 seasons ago is a big deal as you make it. It's not good. I am not arguing that. I am however arguing that his production will not be hard to replicate, replace or produce. He wasn't a blue chip or anything. His departure will not help Iowa, but let's be real, with the way Iowa uses WR, does it matter? That's an indictment on the program and I understand that.... I've known that for 20+ years. I knew all of that before he left. I feel like maybe a lot of people didn't know that till a few hours ago.

At this rate opponents will just triple team Lachey.

"Eddie, I've never seen this defense. They have man coverage on the receivers, Smith and Jones, a couple of barn burners out of Barnham and Eagle Grove, then they have one safety in, about 8 yards off the line, the defensive end backs off following Lachey to take away any pass over the middle, there are two LBs who follow him and the safety is up top. So they have 4 guys on Lachey but somehow they are still getting pressure like they were running a zero blitz. I've never seen anything like it."

This is college football now. And it should not be shocking to anyone to see someone leave the program. What’s not ok is to not embrace the portal. If this coaching staff does not hit the portal hard this off-season I’m afraid this program is doomed.

I said back several months ago that developmental schools like Iowa are going to get hurt the worst from the portal and now NIL. It is a completely different recruiting and roster model now. There is no spending 2-3 good years to develop a player.

Damn, I forget how good looking I am.

I am an insanely passionate and loyal Iowa fan. I forgot why is that wrong?

I don't think losing a unheralded recruit that had 18 receptions 2 seasons ago is a big deal as you make it. It's not good. I am not arguing that. I am however arguing that his production will not be hard to replicate, replace or produce. He wasn't a blue chip or anything. His departure will not help Iowa, but let's be real, with the way Iowa uses WR, does it matter? That's an indictment on the program and I understand that.... I've known that for 20+ years. I knew all of that before he left. I feel like maybe a lot of people didn't know that till a few hours ago.
Nothing wrong with being a fan. Just kidding you, but you are passionate. I was the same way about HF, but I still hated his prevent defense which prevented a few victories.

It's not about 1 receiver. It's not really about 2 receivers in 2 years. It is about something being very broken about the program and that subject is something we can as fans disagree on.

I'll throw a dart at the board and make a pure guess that someone in the RB unit is leaving. We seem pretty stocked at RB yet we're receiving a visit from Arlen Harris Jr. this week apparently.

December should be interesting.
They recruited the hell out of Harris and were in on him early. I honestly think the staff was shocked and hugely disappointed when he committed to Stanford.

Nothing wrong with being a fan. Just kidding you, but you are passionate. I was the same way about HF, but I still hated his prevent defense which prevented a few victories.

It's not about 1 receiver. It's not really about 2 receivers in 2 years. It is about something being very broken about the program and that subject is something we can as fans disagree on.
no, our offense is broken and I think changes need to be made. I think Iowa wins because of KF you think they win despite him tho

So there is something wrong with being a passionate fan?

Do you avoid this intentionally to protect yourself?

Oh, you mean the player we didn't see come in for DeJean.

Anybody ever ask about that?

I believe Xavier himself was quoted to of said that playing at this level has been a surprise for him, I forget the exact words he used.

I honestly don't think he's going anywhere but we do know Oregon has been working over Proctor so perhaps they are trying to draw in his buddy. But is bribing a player on scholarship on another team allowed? Talking to players once they are in the portal is fair game but talking to players on another teams roster doesn't sound right at all.

I believe Xavier himself was quoted to of said that playing at this level has been a surprise for him, I forget the exact words he used.

I honestly don't think he's going anywhere but we do know Oregon has been working over Proctor so perhaps they are trying to draw in his buddy. But is bribing a player on scholarship on another team allowed? Talking to players once they are in the portal is fair game but talking to players on another teams roster doesn't sound right at all.

Yea, this whole thing is really shady right now. It's am arms race.

They recruited the hell out of Harris and were in on him early. I honestly think the staff was shocked and hugely disappointed when he committed to Stanford.
Recalling Iowa, Michigan, and Stanford in the final cut with Stanford being a bit of a surprise. Maybe L. Betts can connect with him as a MO boy and some commonality in backgrounds. Another good RB would be good if we can get the OL on track. Might take some pressure of our QB / WR situation.

Oh, you mean the player we didn't see come in for DeJean.

Anybody ever ask about that?
They play two different positions. Xavier is not a cornerback. Some guys can play all the DB positions. I suspect he has a steep learning curve and they are concentrating on making him the best safety that they can. I look for him to be in the starting lineup next season.

Latest posts