DunderMifflinHk

What do you guys think?
100%
75%
50%
25%
0%
??????

I'm going to say 75%. I think there might be a chance he get's canned after this season but maybe I'm just wishful thinking.

Unfortunately, I think it's 100%. However, if there's more departures, then I would say that might drop.

We can hope that it dawns on Lick that he is in over his head and decides to leave but that's just wishful thinking.

I'm 1000% sure I'll be seeing Lickliter hide his face in his hands next season. The real question is how many Licklover will still be defending him when we are hoping to get 10 wins at this point next season.

I'm 1000% sure I'll be seeing Lickliter hide his face in his hands next season. The real question is how many Licklover will still be defending him when we are hoping to get 10 wins at this point next season.

100 percent he's back, despite what is sure to be a continued season-ending meltdown in the fan base and on the chattering boards after Minny and a quick exit from the BTT.

Jon,if he loses one player who played any significant time,I think Barta is gonna be told to do something about the situation. They can not keep using the excuse "we are young". We are young because we keep losing our players. We have no bench because of deflections. Then we end up putting the coaches son in. How embarrassing!

It all depends on if there are transfers and who the transfers are

If there are zero transfers i say its 95%
If there is one transfer and its Brommer i say its 85%
If anyone else transfers i would say its 50-50 depending on who it is

I pretty much agree with you Bus. However,Brommer is a scholarship player that is Licks recruit. The kid has improved alot and is popular on this squad. We shall see!

I pretty much agree with you Bus. However,Brommer is a scholarship player that is Licks recruit. The kid has improved alot and is popular on this squad. We shall see!

I agree and personally think if anybody transfers he should be canned but i think they can spin a Brommer transfer like they did with the Palmer, Peterson and Davis transfers last year.

If Lick were to be let go or leave, forget about head coaches in the MVC, etc. Iowa will be viewed as a place where it will be extremely difficult to win, so i doubt coaches with other options will choose Iowa.

Iowa will be lucky to find a good assistant at a solid program...so, be hopeful this turns around, because coaches will not necessarily be breaking down Iowa's door to coach here. Look at the recent history: Alford fails here then has success at UNM; then, the coach of the year, who gave Florida their only tough game the year they won the tourny comes to Iowa and flops...not a good trend for Iowa.

Jon, maybe if Gary Barta won't pull the trigger on this sinking ship then maybe Barta needs to go as well? We as fans need to light a fire under Barta to make a change.
How I'm not sure but I'm sure some of the genius's on this board could think of something.
I'm tired of scoring 15 or 16 points in the first half or road games and a mere 40 for the game, the only time scoring 40 pts is ok is if the other team scores 39 or less!
I for one has had it with the mens basketball program under the current coach at the U of I. Bring on the football season!

Last edited:
I don't see Lickliter leaving or Barta terminating him. I really don't know what Lick has done to warrant continued employment, but I think he will be retained.

Latest posts