CHA will it be rocking?

I love how people pick the worst/best pics to make their point. My experience is that the student section is standing the entire game, sans timeouts. Poster chose to post the pic with them sitting. ISUs biggest games are against Iowa and Kansas, poster chose to post KU vs ISU. Also, not that it was that intimidating, but why did they get rid of the 100 or so students on the floor level, with the Hawks Nest border?

I only did a quick google search for the pictures I chose. I was trying to show how far away from the action our students are compared to what Iowa State has, the fact they are standing or sitting makes no difference.

So evidently you disagree with me. Evidently our fans and student sections must just suck then. Perhaps Alford was right maybe we are just a football school.

Another thing is if you stand for any period of time you get b!tched at non stop. Season ticket holders at carver are the worst.

For people mentioning the crowd at the Dayton NIT game, I think it is worth mentioning that there were no in-stadium advertisements played during the stoppage of plays, allowing fan momentum to carry through timeouts. During the regular season, we have a bunch of amateur advertisements killing our crowd noise. If Iowa wants to make Carver into a legitimately intimidating building, they need to look at how other marketing departments are able to handle the breaks in action.

For people mentioning the crowd at the Dayton NIT game, I think it is worth mentioning that there were no in-stadium advertisements played during the stoppage of plays, allowing fan momentum to carry through timeouts. During the regular season, we have a bunch of amateur advertisements killing our crowd noise. If Iowa wants to make Carver into a legitimately intimidating building, they need to look at how other marketing departments are able to handle the breaks in action.

But....MUST. PLAY. BURRITO. LIFT.

Seriously, I despise that promo. Thought it was stupid from day one on campus and it doesn't age well.

I only did a quick google search for the pictures I chose. I was trying to show how far away from the action our students are compared to what Iowa State has, the fact they are standing or sitting makes no difference.

So evidently you disagree with me. Evidently our fans and student sections must just suck then. Perhaps Alford was right maybe we are just a football school.

Football student fans suck too if the team is only decent.

This just looking at The Breslin Center for example, no reason Carver can't have that lower ring.

th

The lower third of the seating is how they should have designed Carver. Bring the seating in closer and have a landing about a 1/3rd of the way up to space out the aisles accordingly. We see way to many steps behind the scorers table by having the aisles start at the floor and go all the way up to the top. Whoever designed the seating and flooring for Carver must not have known what they were doing.

The lower third of the seating is how they should have designed Carver. Bring the seating in closer and have a landing about a 1/3rd of the way up to space out the aisles accordingly. We see way to many steps behind the scorers table by having the aisles start at the floor and go all the way up to the top. Whoever designed the seating and flooring for Carver must not have known what they were doing.

I don't understand with all the success that the basketball team was having at the time, why didn't they try and build an arena with a definitive home court advantage. Carver is just a plain Jane arena, nothing stands out about it.

Well, was it?

Not bad, but I have witnessed better. I hate to pick on them but our students just don't get into it like others do. I also don't understand why there are a crapload of empty seats behind them. The game was sold out, so are all these seats for students that are not showing up? I mean these are entire sections that are practically empty, I don't get it.

Last edited:
Not bad, but I have witnessed better. I hate to pick on the but our students just don't get into it like others do. I also don't understand why there are a crapload of empty seats behind them. The game was sold out, so are all these seats for students that are not showing up? I mean these are entire sections that are practically empty, I don't get it.

I agree, our student section is weak sauce. The opposite side behind the hoop was way better just because of Elvis

Elvis was there? That was the side I was sitting on, at the top.

YOU MISSED THE KING!?! He was on one of those cams that they do throughout the game too. He would do funny gyrations while the other team was shooting free throws...he was pretty good

YOU MISSED THE KING!?! He was on one of those cams that they do throughout the game too. He would do funny gyrations while the other team was shooting free throws...he was pretty good

Yeah I missed it. Our seats had a horrible angle to see the cams.

That sucks!

Yeah I missed it. Our seats had a horrible angle to see the cams.

That sucks!

Dude...you, the lady that sits 4 rows in front of me, Elvis and I need to go over to the student section and just tear it up next home game against sparty. Brew, I am telling ya, this old lady that sits in front of me has got to be Iowa bball's #1 fan. She is awesome

Dude...you, the lady that sits 4 rows in front of me, Elvis and I need to go over to the student section and just tear it up next home game against sparty. Brew, I am telling ya, this old lady that sits in front of me has got to be Iowa bball's #1 fan. She is awesome

My son just told me he seen Elvis when they ran down the steps to try and catch a t-shirt. He said he stood next to him.

But yeah the students need a vocal leader, someone willing to get a little crazy to get them fired up.

Latest posts