CHA will it be rocking?

I've said this before but I was a student during the Lickliter years and I had season tickets. There's no way I would miss going to these games now that they are actually good.

Hopefully the student section will be packed and rowdy for MSU.

If they're not, all former students who suffered through attending Lickliter Era games should stage some form of ethnic cleansing and start over. If I were able to afford tickets, I'd be crawling on my hands and knees to see the Hawks play this year.

It's cool man. You make a good point. My daughter had to move in today at noon, not a second before. So, she opted to do that. When I was a student, we typically did the fun stuff first (ball games) and not-so-fun stuff 2nd (moving).

Then again, that was in the era of Lute Olson, contending teams, and etc. Hawk BB was ingrained in us. These days, not so much.

Hell, Seth, when we were there, just GETTING tickets was a challenge for underclass types. I could never get season tix until my junior year. ANY time I got a chance, I took it.

If they're not, all former students who suffered through attending Lickliter Era games should stage some form of ethnic cleansing and start over. If I were able to afford tickets, I'd be crawling on my hands and knees to see the Hawks play this year.

Didn't you score tickets for the MSU game? I am finding myself looking at other teams sites to see if I can get tickets to games I could drive to. I am disappointed in myself for not buying more tickets when they first went on sale to the general public.

Along those lines, Northwestern appears to be sold out for next weekend. Hopefully that is because there are a bunch of Hawk fans attending.

Didn't you score tickets for the MSU game? I am finding myself looking at other teams sites to see if I can get tickets to games I could drive to. I am disappointed in myself for not buying more tickets when they first went on sale to the general public.

Along those lines, Northwestern appears to be sold out for next weekend. Hopefully that is because there are a bunch of Hawk fans attending.

Yeah, but I jumped on them when they were listed at 40 bucks or less (technically, my dad did; the whole family is going and I'm paying him for my ticket). But I'll be lucky to get to another game; now that my student loans have kicked in, I only get about $300 a month to cover groceries, gas and recreational spending.

But what a game you get to go to, I am jealous. You might be attending the highest rated game between 2 top 10 teams that has not been played at Carver since you were a toddler.

I know this is going to be another excuse, but a lot of students are from Illinois and were not Hawkeye fans from birth. They only became 'fans' when they got to school here or maybe their senior year of high school. All they know about Iowa bball is we were horrible a few years ago and wrote us off as the same quality of team as the bad years. That being said, I expect the student's section to be near or at capacity the rest of the year. BTW this is coming from a student who hasn't missed a home game in 3 years :cool:

This would make sense if we all hadn't just watched them fail to show up to Kinnick as well. They're only hurting themselves though because if they keep it up, they'll lose those tickets.

But what a game you get to go to, I am jealous. You might be attending the highest rated game between 2 top 10 teams that has not been played at Carver since you were a toddler.

You think that possibility might have crossed my mind when I was trying to decide the (likely) only game I'll get to attend this year? ;)

This would make sense if we all hadn't just watched them fail to show up to Kinnick as well. They're only hurting themselves though because if they keep it up, they'll lose those tickets.

I can't help but wonder if this also does not have a small negative impact on recruiting.

Tork, yeah I am sure it did. I believe you mentioned that on here. I think you were the reason why I was trying to find the last time a game like that happened in Carver.

I can excuse the football season. 2008 was the same way, because expectations were WAY down coming into the season and students didn't really come back until 2009 and 2010. I'm not sure they even sold out the student section this year, since expectations were as low as they've ever been under Ferentz.

But the students have no excuse for basketball this year. We've been riding the hype machine ever since last April and we're living up to it.

Again it comes back to a lot of out of state students who weren't die hard hawk fans to begin with. Couple that with a bad season last year and that's the result you get. I know that's just another excuse and it sucks as a student who is a diehard fan to be lumped with those who would rather just get drunk than cheer on the Hawks.

The students will be back for the Spartans. With that being said, I think they should sell row 30 and higher to the general public in the student section for the remainder of the games. Those tickets would be gone in minutes.

Latest posts