CBS: Doyel & Dodd want Penn State to pay

The first sentence blows your theory out of the water:

In determining whether there has been a lack of institutional control when a violation of NCAA rules has been found it is necessary to ascertain what formal institutional policies and procedures were in place at the time the violation of NCAA rules occurred and whether those policies and procedures, if adequate, were being monitored and enforced.

I assume it's only downhill after that.

Arguing this isn't LOIC is absurd.

This case is an exact definition of what an LOIC is...http://www.athletics.illinois.edu/c...ional/Principles-of-Institutional-Control.pdf

Arguing that it is not, is equal to claiming the sky is purple.

You realize the very first sentence in the link you posted proves you wrong.

n determining whether there has been a lack of institutional control when a violation of NCAA rules has been found

purple-sky.jpg

Show your work please.

It's really not that difficult: everything PSU's administration did - with Paterno at the top, their AD, and more - was to protect the football program.

The AD is supposed to be in charge; he wasn't. That means the chain of command, institutional control, was lacking (and a lot of other schools are probably getting their houses in order at this point). There's also the ethics (or lack thereof) involved, which the NCAA also mentions in its bylaws as a standard to uphold.

Since this is all a by-product of the football program, it's the football program that should suffer.

The NCAA can't possibly disappoint me any further, but I'm still pretty sure the Big Ten will also do nothing, thus letting this scandal stain the entire conference.

Simply put: PSU should not be playing football this fall, and I really don't give a damn how much money is involved or how it affects the other schools. This is far bigger and more important than football.

It's really not that difficult: everything PSU's administration did - with Paterno at the top, their AD, and more - was to protect the football program.

The AD is supposed to be in charge; he wasn't. That means the chain of command, institutional control, was lacking (and a lot of other schools are probably getting their houses in order at this point). There's also the ethics (or lack thereof) involved, which the NCAA also mentions in its bylaws as a standard to uphold.

Since this is all a by-product of the football program, it's the football program that should suffer.

The NCAA can't possibly disappoint me any further, but I'm still pretty sure the Big Ten will also do nothing, thus letting this scandal stain the entire conference.

Simply put: PSU should not be playing football this fall, and I really don't give a damn how much money is involved or how it affects the other schools. This is far bigger and more important than football.

What were the NCAA violations?

In the true definition of the phrase, yes. But not in the NCAA's definition.

What were the NCAA violations?

I guess it is that difficult. But I don't have the time to hold your hand and speak to you in small words to make sure you grasp what many of us have been saying.

Some of you don't think the NCAA has a case. I say that they will find a case, even if it means creating a precedent (and in the end, every situation once had a precedent) to guarantee that this does not happen anywhere else.

Why anybody is even arguing against the NCAA being involved is beyond me. PSU supported and covered up child rape for decades, and people are talking about preventing the hammer from falling. **** 'em, they need to be hammered from every direction possible.

Last edited:
I guess it is that difficult. But I don't have the time to hold your hand and speak to you in small words to make sure you grasp what many of us have been saying.

Some of you don't think the NCAA has a case. I say that they will find a case, even if it means creating a precedent (and in the end, every situation once had a precedent) to guarantee that this does not happen anywhere else.

They don't want to find a case. How many death penalties have they given out for ACTUAL NCAA violations over the years? They're not going to invent a reason to euthanize Penn State.

Why anybody is even arguing against the NCAA being involved is beyond me. PSU supported and covered up child rape for decades, and people are talking about preventing the hammer from falling. **** 'em, they need to be hammered from every direction possible.

I believe you misunderstand…..we don’t want them not too per se, we are saying they won’t and don’t really have a precedent or jurisdiction and they’ll prove that by not really even going after them. I think they’ll make overtures and say some things but ultimately they’ll let the law handle it and I’m ok with that.

They will level some sort of sanction.

I keep my eyes open, so I’d wager all things are possible. But it will interesting to see if its way off the path…..anything worded in the vein of Sandusky will be surprising to me…

related directly to the Sandusky incident?

Related to the cover up with included personnel in both the athletic departments, and football staff. Yes, I believe this will happen. They've almost promised this already. Right after the incident. It was on ESPN radio. Some pretty telling statements.

Related to the cover up with included personnel in both the athletic departments, and football staff. Yes, I believe this will happen. They've almost promised this already. Right after the incident. It was on ESPN radio. Some pretty telling statements.

We'll see. Only thing I could see them doing is hitting them for what is essentially conduct detrimental to the NCAA. I certainly don't think they'll be hit with LOIC, if I haven't already made that clear :D

Latest posts