Cavs offer Izzo

JHHawk

Cavs owner, an MSU grad who is a huge fan of Tom Izzo, has offered Izzo the head coaching job of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Wonder if Izzo is tempted to cash out like Lon Kruger did at Illinois...where he picked up a cool 15 million for 5 years with the Hawks...think he lasted about 4 years. Since then Kruger has landed on his feet at UNLV making a million/yr. with a bunch of money in the bank from his pro stint.

I would not be shocked if Izzo took the job, if Lebron returns. Otherwise, no.

Cavs owner, an MSU grad who is a huge fan of Tom Izzo, has offered Izzo the head coaching job of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Wonder if Izzo is tempted to cash out like Lon Kruger did at Illinois...where he picked up a cool 15 million for 5 years with the Hawks...think he lasted about 4 years. Since then Kruger has landed on his feet at UNLV making a million/yr. with a bunch of money in the bank from his pro stint.

I would not be shocked if Izzo took the job, if Lebron returns. Otherwise, no.

Izzo: run for the hills and stay away from the train wreck that the Cavs and their owner are. Lebron and his cronies run the show, and that is not a good thing.

I predict Izzo says no. He walks on water in Michigan basketball circles and certainly seems to get his pick of the region's talent. That doesn't mean he won't "listen" to an offer as a bargaining chip.

hard to turn down the money at this point

Only if the Cavs would offer $10+ mill a year, Izzo is already making $3 mill a year so I doubt he would leave what he has even to double his salary.

He and his family are probably already financially set for life anyway.

If I'm Izzo, I say thanks but no thanks.

Same here. Izzo has it made in East Lansing. I'm sure he could make more money in the NBA, but I'm sure he's already sitting pretty. Then again, if he gets fired from the Cavs someday or something, I'm sure a number of college schools would love to snatch him up if he becomes available. Should be interesting, but I predict he stays put.

Tom Izzo is a small town boy who already has more money than he ever dreamed of.

Then again so was Phil Jackson.

Izzo should stay and further his Hall of Fame career. I hope history is a better motivator for him than money.

I just saw on ESPN's bottom line that the Spartan players believe Izzo will accept the Cavs job if offered.

This really shocks me. I think this is a terrible situation for Izzo. If the Cavs keep LeBron he will be expected to win a title, right away, with no prior NBA coaching experience. And there is no doubt if it comes down to LeBron or Izzo they would take LeBron every time. If LeBron signs somewhere else then you're going to be a head coach of a bad team in a very depressed city. I would think stick it out at Michigan St another year or two and take a better NBA job would be the way to go.

Please go to the NBA and prove yet again that coaching in the NBA should be left to psychologists and spineless. What is there to coach? These guys are the best of the best of the best and everyone of them has an attitude the size of TX. They don't need a coach, they need a babysitter and bodyguards.

Latest posts