Canzeri's Dad

This is exactly what I thought we were preparing to do against Oklahoma when we found out Canzeri was the starter for that game. Then I watched a 170 lb back line up in the I and get forced up the gut for 4 quarters gaining 60 yards. I take that back, Canzeri did run a screen, which resulted in a TD....Go figure.

I'd leave if I were Canzeri. If I had options, no doubt in my mind. This offense is awful and its not getting better anytime soon, if ever.

I'd leave if I were Canzeri. If I had options, no doubt in my mind. This offense is awful and its not getting better anytime soon, if ever.

A bold statement to make after less than one year under a new offensive coordinator. But if you say so, Kreskin...

Are we for sure it's actually his dad and not just some guy getting everyone's panties in a bunch? I mean, some of you follow the players dads??? Just askin...

It is when it's the dad demanding this answer and going about it the way he did. If it were Jordan asking the question behind closed doors face to face, then nothing wrong with that at all.

I would guess he did this, was possibly confused/frustrated by KF's response (not the most articulate and forthcoming respondent as judged by press conferences, etc) and JC had a conversation with pops and pops unfortunately voices his frustration on Twitter.

I would argue that KF has never handled the running back position with a great deal of deftness*. Run a guy into the ground 30-35x a game until injury forces the next guy in. The problem is we are finally tapped out due to injuries, transfers, etc. Garmon is not anywhere close to where Canzeri was last year and as someone so succinctly pointed out, especially when you continue pounding him between the tackles. Where are swing passes to get him out in space and utilize what ability he has at this point?

JC's dad sees this disparity and has to be scratching his head since he has been medically cleared to play.

* An obvious exception being Shonn Greene. But he was a freak of nature.

A bold statement to make after less than one year under a new offensive coordinator. But if you say so, Kreskin...

Kreskin? Helen Keller could see what's going on with Iowa's offense.

Canzeri's Dad may be out of line, acting like a Twit. But the essence of his frustration is DEAD ON.

I am laffy because you chose to capitalize the T in twit, drummer.

This is spot on. We are likely damned for eternity to have a very bad offense. Also my headache will prolly never go away.

Kreskin? Helen Keller could see what's going on with Iowa's offense.

Canzeri's Dad may be out of line, acting like a Twit. But the essence of his frustration is DEAD ON.

I have no problem dealing with the reality of right now. Bad offense right now? Yep. Bad QB play right now? Check. Failing chemistry between the QB and WR's right now? Yes.

But 7 games into the first season under a new OC is far too early to imply that the Iowa offense is forever doomed...except for those who tend to walk near the edge of the ledge anyway or have divine powers of prognostication. If we're still mired in quicksand this time next year, then, yes, the argument will have some credence.

Last edited:
This.

It really is comical (and sad) the number of grown adults that don't know right from wrong when it comes to something like this. Nothing good comes of it and the dad looking like a moron.

I thought helicopter dads were just for little league, now it's high school AND College???

Unreal.

Seantrel Henderson?

This is the same type of situation that happened with Mccall last year, and look where he is now... Gone

I know people keep talking about his 2ypc in the bowl game. Don't forget how good he looked against ulm. Granted, it was ULM. But, he made some moves, and kept his balance on plays that could have translated against any team.

Secondly, you guys are also failing to remember that he was a freshman, and weighed, like 172 pounds. He put on more weight in the last year. He is very short, his center of gravity is lower, and probably would get more ypc than Garmon, who is also a true freshman that weighs very little. Garmon is also very tall, and has a high center of gravity.

Garmon may have a little more top end "track speed" but canzeri is definitely quicker and more agile, and compact. He is stuck in Limbo like Mccall in his ankle last year, and Now Mccall is gone. Least give him a shot or a reason to stay, or redshirt him, no more limbo.

I know people keep talking about his 2ypc in the bowl game. Don't forget how good he looked against ulm. Granted, it was ULM. But, he made some moves, and kept his balance on plays that could have translated against any team.

Secondly, you guys are also failing to remember that he was a freshman, and weighed, like 172 pounds. He put on more weight in the last year. He is very short, his center of gravity is lower, and probably would get more ypc than Garmon, who is also a true freshman that weighs very little. Garmon is also very tall, and has a high center of gravity.

Garmon may have a little more top end "track speed" but canzeri is definitely quicker and more agile, and compact. He is stuck in Limbo like Mccall in his ankle last year, and Now Mccall is gone. Least give him a shot or a reason to stay, or redshirt him, no more limbo.

2011 - Iowa RB Jordan Canzeri ULM highlights - YouTube

Canzeri has had 2 things going against him playing this year not counting the fact he his 6 months removed from tearing his acl. Weisman being number 1. Nobody saw him coming out of nowhere and his effectiveness has been undeniable. Garmon, Kirk's prize rb recruit, was promised early playing time and Kirk doesn't want Garmon to start thinking he might need to transfer. He basically is redshirting barring injuries to those guys. That's why Kirk hasn't officially put the redshirt on him. We've lost 2 rb's in one game already. It could happen again. If Barkley Hill was healthy, Canzeri wouldn't even be on the two deeps and the redshirt would be a lot more definite.

i can understand the frustration, and i'm not so sure this staff is good at the communication part yet. lets just hope everyone can get on the same page. in this day of instant information, words like this get out quick, so you need much more self control with social media.

though, if my son was a D1 player, i have to admit that it would be hard to keep my mouth shut, so can't pile on the guy too much.

Latest posts