Canzeri transfer rumblings????

this is nothing more than just math....with Daniels clearly in their plans and I think he could get to where he rotates with Weisman, somebody is likely to leave at the end of the year...and Canzeri to a smaller level (only because he won't have to sit out since he burned his shirt) makes most sense...I hope it doesn't happen.

You know Jon, I really think the rotation should be Daniels and Canzeri/Bullock. Weisman's lack of speed cost one touchdown run today and this team needs all of the points it can get. We can't afford to leave points on the field. How is Canzeri NOT perfect for G.D's. system out of the backfield?

So was discussing with some people about Canzeri playing today and got these tweets from someone who is acquaintances of his:

@sienasoup 24m
Canzeri's not happy last yr w being jerked around w coming back from ACL; they were told more feature play this yr...

@sienasoup 24m
Canzeri's father is ready to ring Ferentz's neck...but it is a business...Jordan will be at Albany, wont have to sit

If this does hold true can't say I blame the kid or am the least bit surprised. This has been happening all to much with this program. If Kirk wants heavy doses of power backs and avoid any change of pace type backs why even offer these types of players (Garmon, Canzeri)?

Maybe Jordan has exuded a bad attitude and all things being equal, the guy with the good attitude gets the nod.

I know Weisman ran for a ******** today, but so would have anyone on the depth chart with the same work load. Iowa needs a kid back there that when there's a gaping hole they can score and not be drug down at the 25.

To the idiot that wants to move Weisman back to FB, he now has 3 of the top 30 rushing performances IN THE HISTORY OF IOWA FOOTBALL.

2 of which are against DII schools. If you replaced Greene with Weisman today, he runs for prolly 1000 yards.

You know Jon, I really think the rotation should be Daniels and Canzeri/Bullock. Weisman's lack of speed cost one touchdown run today and this team needs all of the points it can get. We can't afford to leave points on the field. How is Canzeri NOT perfect for G.D's. system out of the backfield?

Yeah, we should prolly bench Weisman. In all seriousness though, I would like the other 3 to get about 6-7 carries, more for whoever is effective. I would like Weissman to avg about 20-25 carries/game.

I know Weisman ran for a ******** today, but so would have anyone on the depth chart with the same work load. Iowa needs a kid back there that when there's a gaping hole they can score and not be drug down at the 25.

I believe Daniels is that guy. Weisman is good at reading the zone blocking and taking what he can get, but there is a reason he can run for 100+ yards and Iowa still sucks. He isn't a game changer.

agree, but canzeri is not the homerun back you are wanting. i'm not sold on his overall speed. very quick and shifty, yes. I agree, we need a HR type back.

agree, but canzeri is not the homerun back you are wanting. i'm not sold on his overall speed. very quick and shifty, yes. I agree, we need a HR type back.

How would we ever know? The kid has gotten about 10 touches his entire career. Just like it took 30 rbs to get hurt last year to find out who weisman is.

It's ridiculous. Canzeri has a sparking 3.7 career ypc yet has to sit the bench behind Weisman who went for 180 on 6.0 today. It drives me crazy that Weisman keeps getting these 30 to 40 yard runs that he doesn't take all the way. He has been handed 209 career carries and has only managed 1085 yard on a 5.2 career ypc. What a terrible player.

How would we ever know? The kid has gotten about 10 touches his entire career. Just like it took 30 rbs to get hurt last year to find out who weisman is.

it doesn't matter what 'we' know. do you really think that the staff wants to keep the better player on the bench? yeah, i'm sure they enjoy not winning.

also - check out the post directly below yours.

Wrong. Weisman's running style is what gets him into the open to be able to make those big plays. He doesn't have top end speed and does get caught a lot, but you're talking about replacing a guy that averages 6ypc!?!?

You cra-cra!

Be nice to see Canzeri given 7 or so touches per game as a change of pace player. No way should he replace Weismann.

Wrong. Weisman's running style is what gets him into the open to be able to make those big plays. He doesn't have top end speed and does get caught a lot, but you're talking about replacing a guy that averages 6ypc!?!?

You cra-cra!

A LOT of M W's yards are after he breaks a tackle....this is an important item.

Weisman had like 180 yards and 2 tds and some of you fools are claiming Canzeri should take some of his carries? Really!? If anything they should keep Bullock at WR and maybe give Canzeri his carries, but no way you take away Weismans carries unless you're giving them to Daniels. I'm pretty sure Weisman broke tackles on almost every single one of his long runs. Canzeri does not break tackles. He goes down way to easily. Weisman doesn't have the speed to finish long runs, but at least he breaks long runs. Canzeri goes down with little to no contact. If they want to get him more involved then they need to do it in the passing game.

In my opinion, he'd be a much better fit at Albany. Don't blame the kid.

Weisman had like 180 yards and 2 tds and some of you fools are claiming Canzeri should take some of his carries? Really!? If anything they should keep Bullock at WR and maybe give Canzeri his carries, but no way you take away Weismans carries unless you're giving them to Daniels. I'm pretty sure Weisman broke tackles on almost every single one of his long runs. Canzeri does not break tackles. He goes down way to easily. Weisman doesn't have the speed to finish long runs, but at least he breaks long runs. Canzeri goes down with little to no contact. If they want to get him more involved then they need to do it in the passing game.

In my opinion, he'd be a much better fit at Albany. Don't blame the kid.

Who are these "fools"? I am seeing suggestions he gets 6-7 carries per game not taking Weismans carries.

it doesn't matter what 'we' know. do you really think that the staff wants to keep the better player on the bench? yeah, i'm sure they enjoy not winning.

Come on. Does any staff ever want to lose? Can't tell me mistakes aren't made from time to time, though, including by this staff. I like Weisman, but have we ever seen anything from Ferentz that suggests he can or has interest in utilizing multiple backs? Morehouse called this out all summer. Ferentz gave good lip service to "needing more guys to score touchdowns" but when the games start, we see 30 carries from Weisman against a squad like Missouri State.

Does Ferentz want to keep good players on the bench? Of course not. But I guess you can throw me in with the crowd that is skeptical that Ferentz is fully committed to creatively utilizing all the talent at his disposal. We'll see.

Latest posts