Candidates for the OC position

Rumor circulating on this side of the state is that Scott Frost is a serious contender and has spoken with Iowa. I don't believe it at all and it made me literally LOL, but wouldn't that be something?
Wuuuut? How would KF and Frost ever jive? I just don't see it. Add into that questions about Frost's personal life??

Look Brian was a lunch pale type of guy. Old habits die hard. If the Iowa program is going to move forward then mindsets have got to change.

I don’t seriously see Frost being the guy. Would be a spit in the face of Nebraska especially if it happened and he resurrected the offense at Iowa.

It would be worth it just to smear Nebraska fans faces in the doo doo!

Look Brian was a lunch pale type of guy. Old habits die hard. If the Iowa program is going to move forward then mindsets have got to change.

I don’t seriously see Frost being the guy. Would be a spit in the face of Nebraska especially if it happened and he resurrected the offense at Iowa.

It would be worth it just to smear Nebraska fans faces in the doo doo!
I'm petty enough to consider doing it. (because honestly I think he could help with the O too) I'm sure some of the fan base would be as well. But KF most certainly isn't....

Wuuuut? How would KF and Frost ever jive? I just don't see it. Add into that questions about Frost's personal life??
I agree, it's just being talked about a lot today in the Omaha sports talk market and its all over twitter and if you google it, it's on several and Iowa message boards. Like I said, seems like oil and water to me, but what do I know? Frost's offenses certainly gave Iowa some fits and who knows, maybe they are peers who share some of the same principals outside of run and gunning it.

If you're interested in working side-by-side with KF and his offense, here you go...

LINK
I think that's a sign they are closer than further away but not going to act like I know. I do know that as someone who works in staffing that a lot of times, you post the job AFTER you identified your candidate. That way you can check that box that you made it available to anyone and that you gave a chance for qualified candidates to apply. That way, you can really pump up the "we turned over every rock and went through a substantial search where we considered every candidate" yadda yadda yadda - all the time knowing they have their guy but let's put this on the site for at least 10 business days kind of deal.

I agree, it's just being talked about a lot today in the Omaha sports talk market and its all over twitter and if you google it, it's on several and Iowa message boards. Like I said, seems like oil and water to me, but what do I know? Frost's offenses certainly gave Iowa some fits and who knows, maybe they are peers who share some of the same principals outside of run and gunning it.
I thought it was just a made up thing so there's like something to it? Like Frost has been in touch with KF about it? I'm behind on the genesis of this all I guess. I figured some fans just added one plus one and made this up.

Frost would want a mobile QB so start there if he were to consider the gig. He'd take a green Lainez or Resar over Hill sight unseen I would think. He would help our O be better then it was that's probably not a tough thing to predict. But his teams were always so mistake prone and undisciplined. Could the rest of the staff make up for that? When he was at Oregon it seemed like he did well out there.

I had a cousin that played at UNI back when he was their LB/DC coach in 08 and he actually really liked and got along with him well. Said they even kept in touch after he first went to Oregon.

You can bet it will be someone that generates no excitement. It will be someone with as much of a “wow” factor as Jebediah Springfield’s flavorless marsh he called root marm.

I thought it was just a made up thing so there's like something to it? Like Frost has been in touch with KF about it? I'm behind on the genesis of this all I guess. I figured some fans just added one plus one and made this up.

Frost would want a mobile QB so start there if he were to consider the gig. He'd take a green Lainez or Resar over Hill sight unseen I would think. He would help our O be better then it was that's probably not a tough thing to predict. But his teams were always so mistake prone and undisciplined. Could the rest of the staff make up for that? When he was at Oregon it seemed like he did well out there.

I had a cousin that played at UNI back when he was their LB/DC coach in 08 and he actually really liked and got along with him well. Said they even kept in touch after he first went to Oregon.
yeah, it's just smoke, but it's coming from the Nebraska side, which is why I give it just a hint of validity. The OC position has essentially been open since October. Never heard Scott's name before today. Suddenly, it was just like, there, today, along with the advertisement that they are looking. The timing was weird, and again, the UNI connection, the B1G connection, the fact that he likely already has a working relationship with a lot of the state highschool coaches since he was recruiting the state less than a full calendar ago. He also has ties to WEST, where the B1G is expanding

I don't know if there's any truth to it, just not as far fetched as my initial reaction to the idea...which was, lol, no fucking way.

yeah, it's just smoke, but it's coming from the Nebraska side, which is why I give it just a hint of validity. The OC position has essentially been open since October. Never heard Scott's name before today. Suddenly, it was just like, there, today, along with the advertisement that they are looking. The timing was weird, and again, the UNI connection, the B1G connection, the fact that he likely already has a working relationship with a lot of the state highschool coaches since he was recruiting the state less than a full calendar ago. He also has ties to WEST, where the B1G is expanding

I don't know if there's any truth to it, just not as far fetched as my initial reaction to the idea...which was, lol, no fucking way.
Yeah my knee jerk reaction was the same for all the obvious reasons that it's just too far out there. Yet for that same reason maybe KF is at stage 4.0 or whatever he's at now and saying F it. This would be as far out there of a curveball as he could throw to shake things up.

Just the added spice of him being on our side for the Nebraska rivalry... My God I could only imagine how the talk radio folks on the Neb side would be taking that.

I don't think he'd be the best choice. He's certainly not the only one out there either so even after having thought about it if he were to get the job I'll be really really surprised.

I'm by no means a Frost fan and would be very disappointed with the hire, but I can't see his offensive style at Iowa. Can't see KF supporting an offense built around scrambling QBs that can't make it through a season injury free. Way too much risk IMO for KF's liking. Or am I thinking a different Nebby coach's tendencies. Too hard to keep track.

Per application that Rob listed…………

• Successful football offensive coordinator experience in a Division 1, FBS collegiate or professional football program;
Ummmmmmmm Brian?????? What’s wrong with this picture?

If you're interested in working side-by-side with KF and his offense, here you go...

LINK
Did Brian meet these requirements?

Desired Qualifications:

• Ten or more years Intercollegiate and/or Professional Football (or combined equivalent) of football coaching experience;
  • Successful football offensive coordinator experience in a Division 1, FBS collegiate or professional football program;

Not very interested in Scott. However, the guy coached up a great offense before Nebraska, and that cannot be ignored. I too think the culture fit is a big problem

Latest posts