Candidates for the OC position

This might be a bit out there, but does anyone think Bob Stoops would be willing to come back as an OC? I haven't seen his name brought up anywhere. I think Chryst would be the best candidate aside from that.

This might be a bit out there, but does anyone think Bob Stoops would be willing to come back as an OC? I haven't seen his name brought up anywhere. I think Chryst would be the best candidate aside from that.
Bob is 65 and a millionaire. He's not coming to Iowa, or anywhere else.

Hi, language challenged Larry here, Dah, Bob Stoops was a DC by trade especially with Spurrier. Just laughing my ass off reading how you all are playing darts blind folded, trying to figure out who wants to be the OC, running this hot mess, thank you all.

Hi, language challenged Larry here, Dah, Bob Stoops was a DC by trade especially with Spurrier. Just laughing my ass off reading how you all are playing darts blind folded, trying to figure out who wants to be the OC, running this hot mess, thank you all.
Lol, that’s about as likely any team making a line coach a QB coach…………….. oh wait ……………… nevermind.!

Think I got the solution here, offensive coordinator right, get one of Brands boys to be the OC, you have to be on the offense in that sport or you get penalty points. Wow, took me 5 minutes on the lid to come up with that, impressed?

Think I got the solution here, offensive coordinator right, get one of Brands boys to be the OC, you have to be on the offense in that sport or you get penalty points. Wow, took me 5 minutes on the lid to come up with that, impressed?
Ok, bored enough that I watched the entire Army Navy game. Part of the farewell tour to college football I guess. So, only question I have is: are one of you regulars playing troll under an assumed identity? If so, nicely done!

IMO anyone we get outside of an internal hire not named Woods, will be better right? I mean we had the worst offense again. Watching Army/Navy made me consider their OCs.

Bob is 65 and a millionaire. He's not coming to Iowa, or anywhere else.
Didn't he coach a team in the XFL recently for shits and giggles? I think he would do it for fun, but he is not going to have a boss. KF would literally have to agree to stay out of the offense 100% and KF is incapable of that. Would be fun

WR just as bad and RB as well.

We went from Vanderberg, Easley, and ISM among others like Tyrone Tracy and Brandon Smith, to Nico Ragaini as our WR1 who peaked as a sophomore.

RB we had Wadley, Daniels, Butler, Toren Young, IKM, Goodson.

No one on our current team is in the same zip code as any of the players I mentioned. That's not a coincidence. Easley and Charlie Jones were transfers, but we ain't exactly getting guys like that anymore.

CJ Beathard was the last guy we had at QB who could get it done...Stanley put up numbers but folded in games against anyone with a record above .500.

We aren't getting guys in here who can get it done. Phil Parker and his crew are the ones winning these ball games in spite of the offense, not in conjunction with the offense.
I'd argue the RB group is strong, WR is rarely a strength.

IMO anyone we get outside of an internal hire not named Woods, will be better right? I mean we had the worst offense again. Watching Army/Navy made me consider their OCs.

Matt Drinkall is Army’s co-offensive coordinator and his name has been tossed out there as someone Kirk would be interested in. I will let you do your own google/wikipedia research on him. I shrug my shoulders, if Kirk truly has interest in him, I can see why by looking at his bio.

Matt Drinkall is Army’s co-offensive coordinator and his name has been tossed out there as someone Kirk would be interested in. I will let you do your own google/wikipedia research on him. I shrug my shoulders, if Kirk truly has interest in him, I can see why by looking at his bio.
Army's play calling is pretty clever.

Bob Knight said coaching at Army taught him how to maintain discipline and improve execution. Said everything in the school teaches how to avoid mistakes and it translates to sports. I think just coaching at Army would make the guy a better teacher and coach.

Army's play calling is pretty clever.

Bob Knight said coaching at Army taught him how to maintain discipline and improve execution. Said everything in the school teaches how to avoid mistakes and it translates to sports. I think just coaching at Army would make the guy a better teacher and coach.

I don’t know a ton about the guy other than the google research stuff. People are starting to throw his name out there so I threw his name in the search engine and see what it spitted out.

I still don't think KF is too worried about offense. I wonder if he might have flirted with the idea of forgoing an OC coach. Of course he said never mind, but Ill bet he considered it for a moment.

After all he won 10 games 2 of the last three years.

I don’t know a ton about the guy other than the google research stuff. People are starting to throw his name out there so I threw his name in the search engine and see what it spitted out.
I appreciate it. No one knows for certain who is even in consideration. Might as well kick the tires while we wait for a decision.

I appreciate it. No one knows for certain who is even in consideration. Might as well kick the tires while we wait for a decision.

Exactly. You hear a name that you don’t recognize and you throw it into the google machine and see what it spits out.

I still don't think KF is too worried about offense. I wonder if he might have flirted with the idea of forgoing an OC coach. Of course he said never mind, but Ill bet he considered it for a moment.

After all he won 10 games 2 of the last three years.

I'll correct somebody for the umpteenth time. Norm Parker and his defense and Lavar woods and his special teams won 10 games 2 of the last 3 years. And they did so in spite of KF and BF's offensive incompetency.

I'll correct somebody for the umpteenth time. Norm Parker and his defense and Lavar woods and his special teams won 10 games 2 of the last 3 years. And they did so in spite of KF and BF's offensive incompetency.
This is true, but Kirks bootlickers will argue the fact.

Latest posts