Can we start 6-0 next year? Also I think we go 9-3

On paper ISU has more talent than Iowa next season, I think Iowa will be in for a surprise against ISU next season. And Wally knows all about game planning for Greg Davis.

If we go 9-3 next year, I will burn my house down in joy.

I can honestly say this, because we are not going 9-3 next year.

On paper ISU has more talent than Iowa next season, I think Iowa will be in for a surprise against ISU next season. And Wally knows all about game planning for Greg Davis.

Blah blah blah typical ISU talk about how they are a ten win team minimum.

I cant think of a matchup in the game that favors Iowa. Special teams? Tight end maybe, but all in all CJ has been hyped for 3 years with minimal results. Dline is a push. LB is ISU without question. Secondary is a push. WR is a push. QB is a push. Running back is ISU without question. Oline is a push. Both have solid centers but lost 2 key players.

We have a SERIOUS talent deficiency next year, that really won't be resolved until the 2010 class starts becoming part of the 2 deeps en masse.

The 2008 and 2009 years were very below average recruiting wise, and those players are now your junior and senior classes.

You see 9-3... it's possible when looking at the schedule.

It's also entirely possible that we start the year off 3-2 and finish it off 2-5.

I don't think that we are destined for a bottoming out, but look at our roster and not at our reputation before your predictions...

Oh I get why and I do think its possible we fall well short of 9-3. I'm just saying with the schedule we have, as a program, 9 wins should be a given. I'm not going to count the Hawks out and I expect that they will do whatever they can to win the conference, but knowing the holes we have to fill it is sad to think that 9 wins isn't going to be expected with that schedule.

I cant think of a matchup in the game that favors Iowa. Special teams? Tight end maybe, but all in all CJ has been hyped for 3 years with minimal results. Dline is a push. LB is ISU without question. Secondary is a push. WR is a push. QB is a push. Running back is ISU without question. Oline is a push. Both have solid centers but lost 2 key players.

That's why the game is not played on paper. How many times has Iowa lost to an inferior Iowa state team?

I could easily see 10-11 wins on that schedule. I'm going to go with 11-1 because I'm awesome.

That is a 9+ win schedule with non-conference teams that would make Bill Snyder envious. I would guess 7 wins.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to spring practice progress notes. Forget about the speculation on how well they will do next year.

JVB with no McNutt? Did he have a completion to another receiver in the second half of the season? The dependency on McNutt has to worry Hawk fans. McNutt made some uncatchable passes catchable because he was that good. JVB is good but so too is Barnett and remember he was a redshirt freshman. Both have about the same experience too.

Hard to argue against this. Have to go with the home team however.

Unfortunately this is mostly because Iowa is low on talent this year, not because ISU has alot of talent.

Last edited:
No way QB is a push. ISU QBs have been wildly inconsistent and Vandy is a Senior returning starter with decent stats. Not even close.

Iowa OL gets the egde too. Until ISU can prove to have solid depth year in a year out Iowa will always have the advantage.

Everywhere else imo, is pretty even with some areas (LB, RBs, possibly even DL in ISU's favor)

This will be the best chance for an ISU win at Kinnick in long time.

No way QB is a push. ISU QBs have been wildly inconsistent and Vandy is a Senior returning starter with decent stats. Not even close.

Iowa OL gets the egde too. Until ISU can prove to have solid depth year in a year out Iowa will always have the advantage.

Everywhere else imo, is pretty even with some areas (LB, RBs, possibly even DL in ISU's favor)

This will be the best chance for an ISU win at Kinnick in long time.
Barnett's worst game in 2011 was the bowl game, you dont think that might have had something to do with his OC having a leg in at Ohio State? I mean the guy did engineer the best victory in ISU history with his arm and his legs. The potential for Barnett is very high.

Purdue will be a darkhouse.

I think having a new OC will certainly make it harder to prepare/play Iowa so that is worth something. Everyone could read Iowa like a book previously.

Latest posts