Can we start 6-0 next year? Also I think we go 9-3

A 5-7 season will put KF on the hot seat.

The hires didn't do anything to make me feel they would finish better next year. I think regardless of how next year goes, short of going 1-11, he has atleast 3 years with the coaching changes. I think year 2 year would be the year for a possible jump, depending how much improvement year 2 there is potential to have a year 3 jump as well.

No way in hell this team gets to 8 wins next season. I think the Hawks will struggle early on the offensive and defensive lines and will probably drop one or two games out of the first six. New coordinators and coaches across the board and a whole lot of turnover on the entire offense as well as the defensive line will show early on and this team will struggle to find any consistency throughout the first half of the year, but improvements will show later in the season and at least appear that the program is heading in the right direction under the new management, but too little too late for a bowl game. However, this season will allow some of the younger players to obtain more experience to look forward to the 2013 season. 2012 IS A REBUILDING YEAR. So put away the Koolaid and breakout the whiskey...

Looking at that schedule, there is no way Iowa should finish any worse than 9-3.

Therefore, I am going to predict we go 7-5.

It is really sad to look at that schedule and think I shouldn't have high expectations this year.

There is no good reason for Iowa to win less than 9 games given that schedule or last year's for that matter. Here's to hoping KF has gotten the edge back in the program this off season and deliver's once again when people start forgetting about the Hawks.

With KOK gone 6-0 start is finally possible, plus with all the blitzing we will be doing on D we should be in title game at the LEAST, super bowl invite if lucky see us playing the Ravens.

we lose to MSU Michigan Nebraska and prolly ISU cause they always play good vs. the Hawks its their national championship game!

The schedule has set up nice the last 2 years.........and they are 15-11 so who knows.

we lose to MSU Michigan Nebraska and prolly ISU cause they always play good vs. the Hawks its their national championship game!
I think we beat MSU lose to Michigan and we will beat Nebraska because Martinez will be out for the season by that time.

We have had very easy schedules the last few years with the exception of one year. I dont think we could even get into a National Title game if we went perfect on the year with this easy of a lineup. ;)

not sure about MSU they have to start with a new QB, teams will not have the advantage of not having to prepare for the Hawks, Davis will have 5th year senior at QB to work with, and its not like we have not had to start with a new rb, personnally i am excited to see Garmon play 6'1 4.4 40, i can't remember the last rb for Iowa with that size and speed, and by the Videos i have seen he can catch the ball, with Davis being cited for throwing the ball on swing that out to create some problems for teams that are used to Iowa running on 1st down, Davis is 5th year 4* WR and should have a good if not great year under Soup. CJF will be a solid player at TE and a major target for JVB which he really didn't have or use last season to convert 3rd downs.
the defense will have bigger D-Linemen that will be young and eager to impress and will be backed up by a healthy and experienced linebacker group from side to side, the DB will have Law and Lowery to go with Miller and the SR Hyde. all in all the defense looks to be solid but young across the front 4, and if the starters are who i hope they are, we will lose just 1 sr off the defense, 3 at most
as for the 3 OL we lose we do not have that hard a schedule for the ol to gel as a unit in time for the BT season, same with the D.
a 8-5 to 10-3 season will be very do able and not that outlandish for exspectations

It is really sad to look at that schedule and think I shouldn't have high expectations this year.

There is no good reason for Iowa to win less than 9 games given that schedule or last year's for that matter. Here's to hoping KF has gotten the edge back in the program this off season and deliver's once again when people start forgetting about the Hawks.

We have a SERIOUS talent deficiency next year, that really won't be resolved until the 2010 class starts becoming part of the 2 deeps en masse.

The 2008 and 2009 years were very below average recruiting wise, and those players are now your junior and senior classes.

You see 9-3... it's possible when looking at the schedule.

It's also entirely possible that we start the year off 3-2 and finish it off 2-5.

I don't think that we are destined for a bottoming out, but look at our roster and not at our reputation before your predictions...

Latest posts