Can we start 6-0 next year? Also I think we go 9-3

^ Would someone read that post and summarize? :D
Davis will be a sure fire hall of famer in the NFL, even though he will likely be an undrafted free agent if he even steps foot in the NFL, but if he does hall of famer. CJ's light switch is just going to flip and he will know how to block and catch with ease, another hall of famer in the NFL.

Summary of other posts on Hawkeye RB situation, we are Iowa we dont worry about RB's. Even though we return a guy that is 175 lbs soaking wet and just signed a 4* RB out of HS that has no college experience. Same thought pattern as "we have small expectations so that must mean we will be going to the Orange Bowl."

^ Would someone read that post and summarize? :D
Davis will be a sure fire hall of famer in the NFL, even though he will likely be an undrafted free agent if he even steps foot in the NFL, but if he does hall of famer. CJ's light switch is just going to flip and he will know how to block and catch with ease, another hall of famer in the NFL.

How about this? I will wager that CJFed has more catches, yards and TDs than any combination of ISU tight ends next season if he is available for 6 games. PM the stakes.

I also think Iowa's lb corp of Kirksey,Morris,Hitchens and Alston will be equal or better than ISU's.

Iowa will be favored in these first 6 games...count on it.

I also think Iowa's lb corp of Kirksey,Morris,Hitchens and Alston will be equal or better than ISU's.

Maybe if you're counting the spring game. I'd be willing to be Iowa is not favored heading to East Lansing.

How about this? I will wager that CJFed has more catches, yards and TDs than any combination of ISU tight ends next season if he is available for 6 games. PM the stakes.
I wont doubt that ISU never uses the TE like Iowa does. I would not bet on that.

Better than likely two preseason all-americans not to mention returning Big 12 defensive player of the year? No way in hell. Both would start over their counterparts in IC. Taufoo may be back too, he is applying for a medical hardship.

Right I guess it takes a Hawkeye fan to remember Collin Franklin.
He was an exception to the rule. We have very little talent at TE, I am not going to deny that. Hopefully Brun is as good as advertised. If so, we will be using the TE more than usual.

Expectations should be low. Expecting this team to win 7 or more games is probably unrealistic. Iowa has a new staff, talent gap, inexperience, tough division. RB and DL are going to be frustrating with inexperience at those positions. I wouldn't be surprised to see Iowa finish 4th/5th in division.

Next season is a season to build for the future. Going to be a lot of growing pains but will pay off in 2013. If this team can make it to a bowl game that may be Kirk's best coaching job.

Looking forward to watching the young guys play and grow.

Talent gap? What the hell are you talking about? Have you looked at Iowas opponents recently?

At the very most you can say that 4 out of the 12 teams they play could have more talent.

Iowa fans have way way to many built in default excuses to ignor the reality of a team that routinely underachieves.

We have a SERIOUS talent deficiency next year, that really won't be resolved until the 2010 class starts becoming part of the 2 deeps en masse.

In relation to who, good teams or teams we are actually going to be playing?

Any BCS team should be able to win 7 games against this schedule.

I cant think of a matchup in the game that favors Iowa. Special teams? Tight end maybe, but all in all CJ has been hyped for 3 years with minimal results. Dline is a push. LB is ISU without question. Secondary is a push. WR is a push. QB is a push. Running back is ISU without question. Oline is a push. Both have solid centers but lost 2 key players.

ISU has good talent for ISU.

When ISU has experienced teams and Iowa is inexperienced and the game is in Ames ISU has a chance to win.

Pretty much all three of those things have to be present for ISU to win though.

You don't have more talent by any means, more experienced players who are better than normal for ISU yes.

But to strictly compare "talent" out of players on the current rosters we all know Iowa will eventually send 5 times as many players to the NFL.

Iowa recruits at a higher level, and develops at a much higher level.

2012 Schedule
Sep. 1 Northern Illinois (in Chicago)
Sep. 8 Iowa State
Sep. 15 Northern Iowa
Sep. 22 Central Michigan
Sep. 29 Minnesota
Oct. 6 OPEN DATE
Oct. 13 at Michigan State
Oct. 20 Penn State
Oct. 27 at Northwestern
Nov. 3 at Indiana
Nov. 10 Purdue
Nov. 17 at Michigan
Nov. 23 Nebraska[/QUOTE]

8-4

I'll go ahead and say 7-5. I predict we will lose one of those first five at least. But i probably shouldn't go there because as much as we want to discuss this topic there really has never been a tougher season to project. New coordinators on both sides of the ball, young D line, young secondary, uncertainty as to whether we will have someone step up to be a leader at WR, no clue how we will be at RB or who that will even be, and uncertainty at OL as well. Really, we have never had more question marks. Question marks don't have to be a bad thing, the questions could be answered with positive responses, but there is simply not enough evidence to form a truly reasoned projection.

Latest posts