Campbell v Iowa stream/game thread

I hope we have seen the last of our zone D for tonight. They where both shooting over it and driving through it.

Would you rather we did not cut the lead and continue to play as we did before.....

Sounds like it to me....

Why are you watching the game if it is so painful for you.....

Yes, we were down by too much. Griffin has been killing us as a scoring big guy. We can't guard him. And while our defense hasn't been good at all, they have also hit some tough shots, much like Creighton.

So, what's the answer? I'm not a coach, but as a fan, I think we stay away from the zone. We go at Griffin on the offensive end with some ball fakes.

So much for that "cant wait for basketball season" excitement!

I didnt expect us to be great, but this is unreal

not just losing, but getting blown out. It was a 16 pt. deficit with 4 minutes left in the half. Another game where, for some crazy reason, Iowa thinks they can just walk through the motions. No motivation, no chemistry, no defense, no hustle....yep, you can win that way:rolleyes:

I sure hope this is the case because if it isn't we could be in for another horrible season, after getting drilled sunday I can't believe how bad they are playing, is it confidence or lack of effort? Not having a D 1 center is killing us

Is it just me, or when we do get a rebound inside it's a forgone conclusion that there's absolutely no way they'll make the put back?

I hope we have seen the last of our zone D for tonight. They where both shooting over it and driving through it.

That's what I said. The intensity level picked up big time. If you can't play man against these guys then forfeit the Big 10 season.

Worse defense I have EVER seen on an Iowa basketball team. I know the season is still young, but these mistakes look like they'll be mountains to climb.

Interior defense. Big gaping hole in the middle:

Archie can't do it.
Mel seemingly doesn't want to.
Brommer is still a question mark having missed so much time.
McCabe and White are being played down there out of necessity, but it's not their natural position and it's too bad they have to be asked to do it.

The perimeter guys have to sag down to help out inside and then have trouble closing out on 3's. Yes, we could benefit from a little more quickness on the perimeter, but our biggest problem by a long shot is lack of a stopper inside. If we don't get some consistency there this ****** is going to play out over and over this season.

Is it just me, or when we do get a rebound inside it's a forgone conclusion that there's absolutely no way they'll make the put back?

I'm convinced. If I were the coach I'd instruct anybody inside...even if you're all by yourself throw the ball outside cause none of our interior players are capable of making a layup. Period. They just aren't able to do it.

I really hope that Woodbury and Gessel eat enough turkey tomorrow to put them in a coma for the next 9 months or so... If they see too much more of this crap, they will be bolting for anywhere but here.

Anybody else notice...

After Gatens hit the two technical free throws he was trying to get some fire in his teams and reached out for Basabe for a high five and Basabe kinda shrugged it off and Gatens had to go back over to him?

Not trying to make a big deal of nothing but man this guys "swagger" or whatever you wanna call it comes off really bad sometimes.

Latest posts