Campbell v Iowa stream/game thread

I feel really sorry for anyone trying to listen to this game on the radio. If I didn't have the video I'd have no damn idea what was going on.

Melsahn not even a shell of his last years self.
basabe just looks fat and slow? What happened from last year? I don't get it.

I mentioned this to a friend earlier. sure he put on 15-20 lbs....but it doesn't look like good weight. He looked in better shape last year. Maybe after he watches some game film he will see this and work on his cardio.

Can our good recruits coming in play defense? We're allowing freaking Campbell to shoot 60% on us? I have no doubt that we'll end up winning but this is annoying.

I don't know about you, but I have a lot of doubt right now.

The defensive intensity just hasn't been there. No clue what's going on with this team, but Fran needs to get this under control.

Can our good recruits coming in play defense? We're allowing freaking Campbell to shoot 60% on us? I have no doubt that we'll end up winning but this is annoying.

Your extremely optimistic. This doesn't look like a fluke to me. In looking at these teams, Campbell just looks better. Quicker, more intense, much more athletic.

how can the hawk eye players overlook anyone? I honestly felt that we would be better than last yr but right now we look horrible, most of the players look like they don't want to be there, Baasbe needs to stay on the block he is a horrible small forward and probably not big enough to play the 4, but he looks clueless, how can he regress this much from this summer???

At least it is good to see what potential this team is capable of.....

Started to look like the team we are waiting for, hope they keep it up. When they control the tempo, they are good.....

Campbell has a nice team with some players that I wish were playing for the Hawks.....

We must beat Campbell, rebounding might help the cause.....

:)

I don't know about you, but I have a lot of doubt right now.

The defensive intensity just hasn't been there. No clue what's going on with this team, but Fran needs to get this under control.
Worse defense I have EVER seen on an Iowa basketball team. I know the season is still young, but these mistakes look like they'll be mountains to climb.

At least it is good to see what potential this team is capable of.....

Started to look like the team we are waiting for
, hope they keep it up. When they control the tempo, they are good.....

Campbell has a nice team with some players that I wish were playing for the Hawks.....

We must beat Campbell, rebounding might help the cause.....

:)
Are you kidding? Iowa looks worse in this first half than they ever did in the previous 5 years.

Would you guys bagging on Mel just stop. The kid is having a slow start to the season and everybody thinks he is either: 1) Transferring, 2) A Punk or 3) uninspired.

Yes the kid is having a rough start but its still early. This TEAM isn't good and doesn't have a leader. Its Frans second year at Iowa. We have players on the horizon that are already signed and he's in on some big names for the '13 class. We put up with alford for 10 years, Lick for 3 years. Give the guy a chance to put his players on the floor before we just scrap the whole hoops program.

I haven't heard anyone wanting to scrap it. Maybe they're out there, but I haven't seen it.

We've seen players like Basabe who we know have some ability play like they've never picked up a basketball and that's disturbing.

Gosh I hope Woodbury and Meyer are decent post players because we have absolutely no inside presence. when do we ever get any easy baskets, and defensively we give up way too many points in the paint,

yes...yes we are
not just losing, but getting blown out. It was a 16 pt. deficit with 4 minutes left in the half. Another game where, for some crazy reason, Iowa thinks they can just walk through the motions. No motivation, no chemistry, no defense, no hustle....yep, you can win that way:rolleyes:

Latest posts