BYU in talks with Big 12....

From a Salt Lake City paper. Also mentions how BYU is in close contact with Notre Dame. This thread won't be talked about b/c it's not as fun as the doomsday Big 12 threads that so many fans love to talk about.

In the end, the Big 12 will be just fine.

BYU in talks with Big 12 in wake of Texas A&M?s exit | The Salt Lake Tribune

remaincalm-01.jpg

I would love for BYU football to join but could care less for the rest of the sports. I'd say also add SMU and and Houston (just so ISU could get maybe 3 conference wins a year)

BYU might get talked into going to big 12, but no way in H does ND go to the big 12 but that is a heck of dream land you are living up there in Lames.

This is all that is mentioned on ND

The talks have also included ESPN officials and even some input from Notre Dame representatives, whom BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe has referred to as “partners” in the past year.

From a Salt Lake City paper. Also mentions how BYU is in close contact with Notre Dame. This thread won't be talked about b/c it's not as fun as the doomsday Big 12 threads that so many fans love to talk about.

Big 12 is simple, if Texas and OU stick together it will survive, if OU bolts it will not. It could survive with 9 as long as it has those 2 football programs.

So getting some input from ND can be constituted as being in "close contact"? LMAO, give up the ND dream it aint happening.

The talks have also included ESPN officials and even some input from Notre Dame representatives

As long as Texas wants to be in the Big12, yes it will continue to exist.

The better question 17 is how long do you want to continue to be in a conference as Texas b!tch? Super conferences are coming, and ISU should be lining up with another conference in which they can be an equal. If the Big12 goes super conference, everyone will have separate rules, separate money deals, separate TV networks, and ISU will be at the bottom of the lot of em.....I don't see how that could be good for ISU

McMurphyCBS Brett McMurphy
by marcmorehouse
@kbohls reports OU, OSU, Texas & Tech will announce to Pac 12 by October bit.ly/pKr5MW

One more move and Big 12 is over

This can't be because 17 thinks BYU and ND are coming and the articles he links have more credibility then anything anyone else post.

Him and brett108 need to get together and pull at each others shoulders to see if that will allow them both to get their heads out of their a$$ and realize the Big 12 is in fact a dying conference.

I've flung my fair share of smack talk the direction of the Clones, but deep down I don't wish any ill-will towards ISU. With that disclaimer out of the way, I am going to now reaffirm my disbelief at the level of delusion Cyclone fans continue to maintain regarding the long-term viability of the Big XII. It's all about # of eyeballs and geography. The Big Ten is fortunate to be very blessed in both categories...the Big XII not so much. That is what it boils down to...it's just not looking viable.

I have to ask - if Colorado was a geographic mismatch and is such a better fit in the Pac 12, how the heck is BYU any better?!?!? They're another state WEST from where Colorado is (last time I checked a map, at least) and I really doubt BYU is going to bring the # of eyeballs along with them that are going to be needed to get the Big XII where it needs to be.

This can't be because 17 thinks BYU and ND are coming and the articles he links have more credibility then anything anyone else post.

Him and brett108 need to get together and pull at each others shoulders to see if that will allow them both to get their heads out of their a$$ and realize the Big 12 is in fact a dying conference.

Where have I ever said that ND was joining the Big 12? Please point it out. I said they were in contact, which they are. This is direct from a BYU admin. A little different than a fluff piece from a no name guy.

Where have I ever said that ND was joining the Big 12? Please point it out. I said they were in contact, which they are. This is direct from a BYU admin. A little different than a fluff piece from a no name guy.

BYU was in contact with ND, not the Big 12.

Superconferences are inevitable, too much tv money on the table, one of the earlier posters hit it right, Oklahoma or Missou will be the next schools other conferences will target. The Pac 12 and Big ten are waiting to see what the SEC is going to do, The big 12, big east, and acc should be proactive and look at the 16 best schools, and look to survive.

The golden domers will hold on to football independence until they have to pry their cold dead fingers off , next couple of years should be interesting, personally i would love to see football playoffs but not superconferences

Last edited:

Latest posts