Byrd, You Suck!

1hawkeye1

That seemed to be the dominant chant last night.

Meh...........was not a big fan of that one. I actually found myself cringing whenever it would start up. I mean, he is a pretty good player. Couldn't you crazy kids in the student section come up with something a little better?

Anyone got any suggestions? (yeah, I went there):cool:

Meh...........was not a big fan of that one. I actually found myself cringing whenever it would start up. I mean, he is a pretty good player. Couldn't you crazy kids in the student section come up with something a little better?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Used to complain about the "Hey Song" in football.

Was wondering that as well.

In the first meeting at West Lafeyette, Byrd had a hard foul on Aaron in overtime with Purdue leading 61-59 (Aaron missed both FTs) then Aaron fouled him about a minute later and Byrd made both FTs to put the Boilers up by four with 29 seconds left. But the Johnson boys did more damage at the end of the game and during overtime.

I'm not sure the students could remember back to the first game. Could have been more the students recognized Byrd as a threat to hit from long range and bring Purdue back last night. But I didn't get it.

So for years people complain because no students show up, now they show up, but the PC crowd wants to them chant "Byrd we think you are a great competitor, but hope you shoot poorly against us"? You guys are right, let's go back to empty seats and the black tarp so your feelings don't get hurt. Byrd is the guy the opponent's fans don't like, just like White is for Iowa. Byrd is a big boy and responded by hitting a couple 3's. He gets the same treatment in every big ten arena--probably worse.

So for years people complain because no students show up, now they show up, but the PC crowd wants to them chant "Byrd we think you are a great competitor, but hope you shoot poorly against us"? You guys are right, let's go back to empty seats and the black tarp so your feelings don't get hurt. Byrd is the guy the opponent's fans don't like, just like White is for Iowa. Byrd is a big boy and responded by hitting a couple 3's. He gets the same treatment in every big ten arena--probably worse.

OK. Makes sense.

I wasn't a fan of that one either. Byrd isn't a star, but plays hard, and I like that kind of player. It seems like he's been around forever.

Classy. Right after the chant started Byrd nails his next 2 3s. Don't understand the hate - the guy plays hard.

That's not really true. They were on him pretty much right from the start of the game. He didn't hit any shots until late in the game. He was pretty much a non-factor for most of the game. While I don't think the chant affected his game, it certainly didn't 'inspire him' or whatnot.

It is better than a wall of silence, but not very original. As a liberal arts school, you'd think the students could come up with something more creative.

It was started because Byrd kept looking over at us after he would do something. Because a few of us kept yelling at him for being a "bro". That is why he is the one who got singled out.