Bubble Watch

Latest from ESPN:
Last week, the Watch watched (ahem) with interest as Iowa dropped Indiana and Wisconsin in consecutive games at home. Could the Hawkeyes make a last-ditch, come-from-nowhere run at the NCAA tournament? The answer, alas, was no: Iowa lost at Illinois on Sunday, officially ending any unlikely hopes that Fran McCaffery's team had.

I'm not so sure it's "official" as we could always pull off the miracle and win the BIG Tournament, however, I'm thinking we're pretty much burnt toast at this point. No NCAA Dancin for us this year. Personally I think we'll win our remaining two games, get everybody excited for the BIG Tournament, and then lay an egg in the first game. Seems like that's how things have gone this year.

Last edited:
Ghost. I'll make certain to get your approval on punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc before any further postings. On second thought. I'll defer that responsibility to our friend Herby.

Ghost. I'll make certain to get your approval on punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc before any further postings. On second thought. I'll defer that responsibility to our friend Herby.

I have no problem with punctuation, spelling, or grammar errors, but I do have a problem when you do two of the three while calling out the intelligence of others.

latest Power rating of the BT teams, Iowa at 8th and the projection is 7 teams from the BT, NW projected as the 7th unless they lose their last 2, they must finish at 9-9 other wise they could up being 7-11, then Iowa might get in at 9-9 with 2 in the BTT,
next up for NW is OSU, 9-9 will be a long shot for NW.
Boy that sure would burn a few if Iowa snuck in

Last edited:
latest Power rating of the BT teams at 8th and the prjection is 7 teams from the BT, NW projected as the 7th unless they lose their last 2, they must finish at 9-9 other wise they could up being 7-11, then Iowa might get in at 9-9 with 2 in the BTT,

What do you mean "IF"? Why do you automatically assume they won't win anything?

latest Power rating of the BT teams at 8th and the prjection is 7 teams from the BT, NW projected as the 7th unless they lose their last 2, they must finish at 9-9 other wise they could up being 7-11, then Iowa might get in at 9-9 with 2 in the BTT,

Oh man I know right! I think we can still sneak in there!

Ghost. Call out the intelligence of others? WTF are you talking about my friend? I posted a simple paragraph from ESPN and didn't say "boo" about anybody's intelligence.

latest Power rating of the BT teams, Iowa at 8th and the projection is 7 teams from the BT, NW projected as the 7th unless they lose their last 2, they must finish at 9-9 other wise they could up being 7-11, then Iowa might get in at 9-9 with 2 in the BTT,

Just because 7 B1G team are projected to get in doesn't mean if Iowa finishes 6th or 7th they are going to the dance. No chance in that scenario.

They don't project the number of bids for a conference based off what conference it is. They base it off of the resumes of the teams in that conference. If we wound up in 5th we would still not get in, barring a miracle BTT run.

What NW does has no bearing on Iowa's chances any more.

Unless Iowa wins the BTT, there is absolutely no way they make the dance. .0000000001% chance Iowa would get in with 15 losses.

I sort of contradicted myself there. I will update it to VERY(x14) unlikely

I'm kind of curious as to if there is any way Iowa could make the NCAA tourny without winning the Bit Ten Tournament.

Latest posts