Brust hurt his back in practice today

Man I wish I could have seen Larry play live in his prime. That would have been entertaining. I did get to see MJ play live once later in his career in Chicago. They were playing the Sacramento Kings and Jordan had like 22 by halftime. The Bulls were up so much he didn't play a whole lot the rest of the game, but I'm still glad I can say I saw him play.

Only saw MJ on TV. Wish I could have seen him in person. I loved the North Carolina team he played on with James Worthy. That was a great team to watch at the time....

:rolleyes:

Lol neck muscles are never fun. I did it in college throwing my bag into the back of my car...Not one of my finer injuries, but not nothing a weekends worth of pain killers couldn't fix. Felt like a big ***** trying to explain to everyone why I couldn't turn my head which was basically my left ear resting on my shoulder for a few days.
I got pulled over soon after that happened to me. The cop said I looked suspicious and avoided looking at him. I tried to explain as he threatened to search the car. He realized I wasn't kidding when he asked me to step out of the car. Didn't apologize though. D-bag Davenport cop.

Larry owned him talking trash also, Steve. Read an article interviewing NBA players concerning who was the biggest trash talker in the NBA. Was surprised to hear them all say, Larry Bird. He would, late in the game, tell whoever was guarding him, I am going to make a three right now and there is nothing you can do to stop it, and many other things. He really got into their heads.....

Loved Larry and had the pleasure of seeing him the three years he played at Indiana State at Vets in DM. Saw him break Oscar Robinson's record at Vets by one point scoring 53 points. Also saw Oscar Robinson play there. Cincinnati was in the MVC then along with Louisville, called the Valley of Death.....

Hawkeyes used to be in the Missouri Valley a while ago.....

Oscar was my fave.....

This is probably the best stream of consciousness, rambling post I've ever read. Pretty informative.

I bruised my tail bone bad in HS football practice. I felt like I didn't want to walk or sit down for a week. No way I could have played, and I was pretty tough. I played through all other injuries.

The tail bone is much worse than my injury. That is much more serious, 22.....

Sounds like a very considerate police officer in Davenport....

:rolleyes:

5 hours ago • JIM POLZIN | Wisconsin State Journal

Senior guard Ben Brust sat out practice on Thursday and is still listed as day-to-day as the University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team prepares to play Iowa on Saturday.

Sometimes I wonder if we owe the entire board to missed jokes. Without people completely failing to pick up on sarcasm ... would the board have enough posts to survive?

What we really need is a sarcasm font. Then everyone could tell when someone is joking.

Last edited:
I got to see MJ play live, in his prime a couple of times. Not an NBA fan but couldnt turn down free tickets.

Free tickets to see MJ would have been golden. I'm thinking my Dad paid quite a bit for our seats. I remember MJ had a steal that lead to a wide open tomahawk dunk. That's pretty much my only memory of the game because it was such a blowout.

I remember when MJ was a rookie and the Bulls had a scrimmage at Carver (1984 I believe), and I went down with a few of my friends....Anyone else remember that?

Not knowing what the back injury is, we had a juco pg suffer a lower back injury recently (rumor was siatic nerve related) happened over Christmas break and was listed as "day to day" has not played more than 5 minutes since. If it's back related, like Brust's injury is, don't put to much thought into whether he's listed as day to day or out indefinitely, there's no telling how long he could be out.

Larry owned him talking trash also, Steve. Read an article interviewing NBA players concerning who was the biggest trash talker in the NBA. Was surprised to hear them all say, Larry Bird. He would, late in the game, tell whoever was guarding him, I am going to make a three right now and there is nothing you can do to stop it, and many other things. He really got into their heads.....

Loved Larry and had the pleasure of seeing him the three years he played at Indiana State at Vets in DM. Saw him break Oscar Robinson's record at Vets by one point scoring 53 points. Also saw Oscar Robinson play there. Cincinnati was in the MVC then along with Louisville, called the Valley of Death.....

Hawkeyes used to be in the Missouri Valley a while ago.....

Oscar was my fave.....

Thanks for the recollection Jack. Didn't even know the Hawks were in the Missouri Valley once.

Loved Larry but would have to say that Magic might have been a little bit better. Even Larry himself said so.

Thanks for the recollection Jack. Didn't even know the Hawks were in the Missouri Valley once.

Loved Larry but would have to say that Magic might have been a little bit better. Even Larry himself said so.

I've been a Lakers fan since Jerry West was screwed out of the MVP. Even so, I'd have to say Larry is the best to ever lace them up. The Celtics (I mean the HATED Celtics!) improved from 29 wins to 61 wins with the same roster - they didn't pick up Ainge, McHale and Parish until his second season, and didn't get Johnson until two years after that. He, as well as Magic, engaged their team. Unlike so many players today, they led their teams in assists knowing that everyone plays harder when you think you could be the one scoring on the next time down the floor. Also unlike many players today, both Larry and Magic would have said the other was better; today's players like to tell everyone how good they are.

Not knowing what the back injury is, we had a juco pg suffer a lower back injury recently (rumor was siatic nerve related) happened over Christmas break and was listed as "day to day" has not played more than 5 minutes since. If it's back related, like Brust's injury is, don't put to much thought into whether he's listed as day to day or out indefinitely, there's no telling how long he could be out.

What is rather strange about Brust's injury is this report:

"A team spokesman said Brust's status is day-to-day and said the injury was to an unspecified body part."

What is rather strange about Brust's injury is this report:

"A team spokesman said Brust's status is day-to-day and said the injury was to an unspecified body part."

They are certainly not going to give us a clue until the tip off. If he is warming up then we will know that he might play.....

Latest posts