Brust hurt his back in practice today

Sometimes I wonder if we owe the entire board to missed jokes. Without people completely failing to pick up on sarcasm ... would the board have enough posts to survive?

1. There is a difference between sarcasm and a joke.
2. His post wasn't a joke so I and the others who responded to it didn't miss anything.
3. I picked up on his sarcasm. Still does not mean he didn't make an ignorant comment.
4. Seems as if you like to play the "haha he didnt get the joke card". Turns out the joke is on you because I picked up on the sarcasm all along.

2. His post wasn't a joke so I and the others who responded to it didn't miss anything.
3. I picked up on his sarcasm. Still does not mean he didn't make an ignorant comment.
4. Seems as if you like to play the "haha he didnt get the joke card". Turns out the joke is on you because I picked up on the sarcasm all along.

So you read the sarcasm but then proceeded to take him seriously? Are you sure the joke's not on you?

When a guy compares eating captain crunch to playing basketball I tend to give him the benefit of doubt that he's not being serious. And maybe I'm wrong here but isn't sarcasm a form of joking?

I've got a bad back..and there are days where it doesn't matter what character you have or how tough you are; you ain't doing crap and getting up out of chair is terrifying given the pain that is coming your way.

You are too young. Play through it.

Depending on what happened to him, it could be worse on day 3 than the next morning. In fact, I think it's likely because they mentioned on the Badger board that it was in the low back-hip area. That's a large cluster of muscles and nerves where the hamstrings/gluts/low back muscles connect. This is the area I have difficulty with. It can tighten and tighten up, even with proper therapy. It sure would suck if oil' Ben had to sit on the bench and watch the beat down.

tell him how you really feel. PMS?

Depending on what happened to him, it could be worse on day 3 than the next morning. In fact, I think it's likely because they mentioned on the Badger board that it was in the low back-hip area. That's a large cluster of muscles and nerves where the hamstrings/gluts/low back muscles connect. This is the area I have difficulty with. It can tighten and tighten up, even with proper therapy. It sure would suck if oil' Ben had to sit on the bench and watch the beat down.
If he cant play he cant play. I won't miss him. As much as I would like to call him a puss, etc. Im sure he will play if he can. Im sure he has a special place in his heart for playing against the hawks........wait a min...... he is 22 years old, has shots/pain medication at his disposal, has therapists, and top notch facilities and trainers to assist. And I dislike him. What a puss

So you read the sarcasm but then proceeded to take him seriously? Are you sure the joke's not on you?

See #3. I responded to the ignorance of the comment. You read #3 and still responded to my post? Shake my head

Im not going to wish injury on players but it wont break my heart if Brust doesnt play.

I want Iowa to win....period.

Im not going to wish injury on players but it wont break my heart if Brust doesnt play.

I want Iowa to win....period.

I'm with you on this one. Hope he watches the Hawks dismantle his team from the bench. I'm not a fan of the guy either, but he can shoot lights out on any given night. If he isn't on the court he's one less sharpshooter to worry about.

I'm with you on this one. Hope he watches the Hawks dismantle his team from the bench. I'm not a fan of the guy either, but he can shoot lights out on any given night. If he isn't on the court he's one less sharpshooter to worry about.

Brust is actually the one Badger I dont mind watching. He doesnt pizz and moan at the refs like the rest of them and gets a lot of boards for a guard.

It's way more fun to beat a team at full strength. Wishing Brust a full recovery....

It is more fun, but a win is a win and that's all I really care about. It's obvious they are a better team with him on the court because it spreads the defense out. Take him off the court and they become an easier team to guard which means a better opportunity for the Hawks to come out with the W.

If he plays then good for him. Like someone else said, I wouldn't wish an injury on anyone and the Hawks will just have to beat them at full strength. I do believe they are more than capable of that.

is listed as day-to-day. That would be a damn shame if kid can't go on Saturday. A damn shame.

He's playing. Willis Reed, Larry Bird the time he hit his head on the floor and then came back, MJ with the flu. The great ones always gut it out and inspire their team. I can see Brust nailing 4-5 3s and leading Bo's bunch to a victory.

What a nightmare this would be ^.

See #3. I responded to the ignorance of the comment. You read #3 and still responded to my post? Shake my head

So you think its ignorant for him to say he should be able to play through a sore back even though you know he was being sarcastic when he said that which means he doesn't really mean what he said? Got it.

Quite honestly it shouldn't matter who Wisconsin has playing this Saturday. Iowa is at home and has better players. Better starting 5, better bench, hell Iowa's gray shirts and walkons are probably better too.

So you think its ignorant for him to say he should be able to play through a sore back even though you know he was being sarcastic when he said that which means he doesn't really mean what he said? Got it.

Is this one sentence or three? Grammar police have arrived!

Just let it go man and let the thread continue on topic. I tire of these stupid little wizzing matches.

You really need to get a better grasp of sarcasm. Only someone who's at least temporarily operating without a full deck could have read his comment and thought, for even a second, that he was doing anything other than making a joke.

Latest posts