Brust hurt his back in practice today

You really need to get over yourself, brah. If there was "holier than thou" POY award, I'd definitely nominate you. And you'd probably take the award with ease. Keep thinking that you're the smartest guy on this board though.

Lol geez I hope that made you feel better. Seems like you've been wanting to get that off your chest for awhile.

Interested to know how you know what I think? Because if you think I think i'm the most intelligent poster on here I can assure you that you are wrong.

I can name several posters whom I have little doubt are more intelligent than myself. Okeefe, theboat, deano, wundergrape, mnfreak seems like a pretty intelligent gal, ssckelley, and of course jacknicholson. I'm probably missing some, but there are some posters on here whose opinion I've come to appreciate a great deal. Obviously Hawkeyegamefilm takes the cake when it comes to football knowledge.

Some people post economic, political, and statistical information that just blows my mind. I can only recall the more frequent posters. There's a lot of people who post things that amaze me.

Last edited:
I see your sarcasm meter is also non-functional. Hilarious that a person ripping people about sarcasm detection can not detect sarcasm. Yell at yourself now.

Nobody's yelling at DP for failing to pick up the sarcasm. He's made it perfectly clear that he DID pick it up. We're yelling at him because he says he caught it and then proceeded to take it seriously at the same time. There's a big difference there.

Dang. I sure missed something in this thread. In other whiskey news, Zach Bohanon is tweeting to his fans that they should all wear red so the CHA looks like a cyclone game since our fans will be wearing gold.

****THREAD OFFICIALLY DERAILED****

No doubt. I came back to the last page wondering if there was some info on Brust's status for Saturday's game, and saw that the thread had turned into yet another p!$$ing match. Guess I should have expected that with any thread that made it to 5 pages, though.

He's playing. Willis Reed, Larry Bird the time he hit his head on the floor and then came back, MJ with the flu. The great ones always gut it out and inspire their team. I can see Brust nailing 4-5 3s and leading Bo's bunch to a victory.

What a nightmare this would be ^.

I remember when Larry Bird had a very painful back injury in the playoffs, they were playing the Pacers in the playoffs and Chuck Person kept smashing him from behind on the lower back knocking him to the floor and he continued playing, making threes.....

Hie is a special case though.....

:eek:

Last edited:
No doubt. I came back to the last page wondering if there was some info on Brust's status for Saturday's game, and saw that the thread had turned into yet another p!$$ing match. Guess I should have expected that with any thread that made it to 5 pages, though.

According to their Scout board he didn't practice today either. This is coming from Jeff Potrykus. Sounds like he's a reporter for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Apparently he suffered a blow to the back which would lead one to think he's dealing with a bad bruise and probably not a more serious problem. I suppose if the blow was bad enough it could have done some more serious damage. Nothing more than pure speculation at this point, but if it is just a bad bruise I'm guessing he'll be on the court Saturday.

I am a bit older than most of the Lads on here, and certainly Brust. I slipped on the ice and landed Hard on my back completely flat. I bruised my butt bone, don't know the medical term, shoulder and knee, got up and walked away. Was sore for about a week, and continued my normal activities, and now everything is fine. I was lucky, usually, over the years, when I take a fall I never got hurt, quickly using my hands to take the blunt of the fall.....

Depending on how serious the injury and nobody seems to know, I would imagine he will play if he can walk....

I do believe we will win with or without Brust.....

:rolleyes:

Quite honestly it shouldn't matter who Wisconsin has playing this Saturday. Iowa is at home and has better players. Better starting 5, better bench, hell Iowa's gray shirts and walkons are probably better too.

Then how the hell did we let them score 51 points in one half up in Madison.

iowa wins in Carver but don't underestimate the talent on that squad. They can score more than previous versions

I remember when Larry Bird had a very painful back injury in the playoffs, they were playing the Pacers in the playoffs and Chuck Person kept smashing him from behind on the lower back knocking him to the floor and he continued playing, making threes.....

Hie is a special case though.....

:eek:

Chuck talked a lot of junk but Larry owned him throughout their careers.

Then how the hell did we let them score 51 points in one half up in Madison.

iowa wins in Carver but don't underestimate the talent on that squad. They can score more than previous versions

They are playing as good as any team in the Big Ten right now and are not to be taken lightly.....

The thing we're failing to address when it comes to back injuries is the fact that some are painful, some incapacitate you, and some do both. Like I said in a previous post, as someone who's had multiple surgeries and recovered quite nicely, the pain (while often severe) can be manageable. However it's a completely different ballgame, so to speak if the back is locking up on you and you simply cannot straighten it out or bend it.

I am a bit older than most of the Lads on here, and certainly Brust. I slipped on the ice and landed Hard on my back completely flat. I bruised my butt bone, don't know the medical term, shoulder and knee, got up and walked away. Was sore for about a week, and continued my normal activities, and now everything is fine. I was lucky, usually, over the years, when I take a fall I never got hurt, quickly using my hands to take the blunt of the fall.....

Depending on how serious the injury and nobody seems to know, I would imagine he will play if he can walk....

I do believe we will win with or without Brust.....

I bruised my tail bone bad in HS football practice. I felt like I didn't want to walk or sit down for a week. No way I could have played, and I was pretty tough. I played through all other injuries.

The thing we're failing to address when it comes to back injuries is the fact that some are painful, some incapacitate you, and some do both. Like I said in a previous post, as someone who's had multiple surgeries and recovered quite nicely, the pain (while often severe) can be manageable. However it's a completely different ballgame, so to speak if the back is locking up on you and you simply cannot straighten it out or bend it.
THIS. One morning I got out of bed and heard a weird pop in my neck. Pinched nerve. I could not look down or to the left for 2 weeks. If someone could have played with that ailment, they are a much bigger man than I

Chuck talked a lot of junk but Larry owned him throughout their careers.

Larry owned him talking trash also, Steve. Read an article interviewing NBA players concerning who was the biggest trash talker in the NBA. Was surprised to hear them all say, Larry Bird. He would, late in the game, tell whoever was guarding him, I am going to make a three right now and there is nothing you can do to stop it, and many other things. He really got into their heads.....

Loved Larry and had the pleasure of seeing him the three years he played at Indiana State at Vets in DM. Saw him break Oscar Robinson's record at Vets by one point scoring 53 points. Also saw Oscar Robinson play there. Cincinnati was in the MVC then along with Louisville, called the Valley of Death.....

Hawkeyes used to be in the Missouri Valley a while ago.....

Oscar was my fave.....

Larry owned him talking trash also, Steve. Read an article interviewing NBA players concerning who was the biggest trash talker in the NBA. Was surprised to hear them all say, Larry Bird. He would, late in the game, tell whoever was guarding him, I am going to make a three right now and there is nothing you can do to stop it, and many other things. He really got into their heads.....

Loved Larry and had the pleasure of seeing him the three years he played at Indiana State at Vets in DM. Saw him break Oscar Robinson's record at Vets by one point scoring 53 points. Also saw Oscar Robinson play there. Cincinnati was in the MVC then along with Louisville, called the Valley of Death.....

Hawkeyes used to be in the Missouri Valley a while ago.....

Oscar was my fave.....

Man I wish I could have seen Larry play live in his prime. That would have been entertaining. I did get to see MJ play live once later in his career in Chicago. They were playing the Sacramento Kings and Jordan had like 22 by halftime. The Bulls were up so much he didn't play a whole lot the rest of the game, but I'm still glad I can say I saw him play.

THIS. One morning I got out of bed and heard a weird pop in my neck. Pinched nerve. I could not look down or to the left for 2 weeks. If someone could have played with that ailment, they are a much bigger man than I

Lol neck muscles are never fun. I did it in college throwing my bag into the back of my car...Not one of my finer injuries, but not nothing a weekends worth of pain killers couldn't fix. Felt like a big ***** trying to explain to everyone why I couldn't turn my head which was basically my left ear resting on my shoulder for a few days.

Latest posts